Nvidia Drivers & Corsair Link causing random black screens when installed together.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiskeyOmega, Sep 9, 2017.

1. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I Have this issue since I got my 1080ti a few weeks ago and I thought it was my 1080ti's firmware. Turns out the problem lies where I wasn't even looking for it in the Corsair forums. The problem is some sort of issue between the Nvidia drivers and Corsair link software (I am told other software such as Razer's synapse could also be a issue with the nvidia drivers)

I found other people that have the corsair link software with the same issue that once they uninstalled corsair link the problem goes. But I am told this is a issue with the nvidia drivers of late that are causing corsair link to black screen the pc. Leaving me no option but to hard reboot the pc.

So just a heads up at the moment if you do have this issue. All you can do is uninstall link for the time being or put up with it.

Let me know if someone has found away around this and also if you do have the issue or not and your specs as a suspect its older chipsets that have this issue (X79/99,Z87/Z97)

2. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I have corsair link (H100i GTX) I dont have it running all the time , I usually set up fan and pump speeds then disable it from startup. (i assume it still has some process running) i have no problems , apart from an issue with any version past 4.7.0.77 doesn't recognise the pump , some issue with USB driver and win 10 . I also have razer synapse (running at startup) for my death adder mouse no issues with that .

edit , i used to leave corsair link running in the past (until i realised it still kept the settings) never had any issues with it then either

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Latest NVIDIA drivers & Corsair Link & Razer Synapse installed together and no black screen problems

4. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Latest NVIDIA and CLink installed no issue here.

5. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Same here, running an H115i on the rig in my living room no issues with any nvidia drivers. No point in keeping CLink running in the background all the time unless you use it for monitoring... a lot better/lighter programs out there for doing that though.

Best way I've found to using it is set up your fan/pump profile and then save it to the devices firmware in the settings than close or uninstall CLink while leaving the USB driver only.