Nvidia drivers cause screen to break, two screen detected where there is only one!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Firekage, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Firekage

Firekage New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 260 896MB
    Hi.

I would like to ask for Your help. I use Linux - Ubuntu, and with nvidia drivers i have one big problem. I need Your help. Could You help me?

The problem is propably related to a TwinView in nVidia drivers on Ubuntu 12.04. I use 310.19 driver but this problem occurs on all nvidia drivers - exept nouveau (open source driver for nvidia cards).

It is related to recognizing more than one screen, and that is not right - i have only one. I can't disable twinview, cant or don't know how to disable detecting new screen when in fact i have only one.

It looks like on attached picture. When i boot to ubuntu destkop, nvidia sees two screens and my picture is cut and stretched to both of them. Some screen goes for "fake crt" (i don't have crt, but it is just like that recognized), and rest goes for my LCD flat screen (HP - i have just one, just this screen).

Is there a way to completly disable TwinView, prevent it from working, from detecting more than one screen when, in fact, i have only one? On nouveau i don\'t have this problem. Also this problem didn\'t happen to me when i used slackware year ago

Is there anything that can be done in order to allow me to use nvidia drivers?

I attached here a picture of the problem:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1904/amanieobrazu.png

As you can see, i have cube enabled - but it is not the point. On this cube we can see different walls from each side. These "walls" consist of two screen, smaller and larger, when in fact, there should be only one, larger because i have only one screen and i don't know why nvidia drivers for (i have GTX260, AMD X4 955 Phenom processor and 4GB of DDR2 RAM) Ubuntu, for my card, my system, still detects more than one screen, just like i said - i have only one! See picture:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9731/ubuntudwaobrazy.jpg

Please, help me, i'm fighting with it for more than a year and still no luck, new drivers doesen't fix it.

2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Try powering off/on your monitor and see if the problem is resolved.

3. Firekage

Firekage New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 260 896MB
    No. It is not. On nouveau drivers there is no such strange behaviour.