Nvidia drivers better now for Vista?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dvlk3n, May 20, 2007.

1. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    You really don't have a clue how this works, do you? I won't even start with your bogus 4-5 "peeps" say Vista runs ok baloney . . . Many hardware items are completely dependent upon software drivers in order to function. That software is written for one or more specific operating systems and effectively limits where the hardware can be used. When the new OS is similar emough to the previous OS (Win95/98/Me for example) the driver that works for one will probably work for the other. When you have a new OS that differs more substantially (Win2k from Win95/98/ME, or Vista from XP) that first driver may work minimally, might not work at all. New drivers must be written. Your simplistic conclusion that if hardware works with one OS and doesn't for the other then the other OS must be "crap" is, well, crap.

2. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 Superclocked
    I've found that my games on Vista run almost as well as on XP, but not quite. However I really think it depends largely on the game itself. Test Drive Unlimited runs faster on Vista but is choppy for example, while Fear is pretty much identical to XP. So much depends on the rest of your hardware too. I think it's worth experimenting these days though -- a few months ago when I first tried Vista games performance was sucky, so things seem to be improving, and the OS itself I'm fairly happy with.

3. SUD@RAZ

SUD@RAZ Active Member

GPU:
    two 4870 crossfire-x h2o

you can add razer too that list ((no vista drivers at all)) for the sound card i mean..

4. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    YOUR CRAZY,ive gotta run xp drivers in vista to get most things to work,that blows your THEORY up.saying xp is so different then vista ha vista is more like win2k ,and please dont TRY to talk down to me ill make you look silly.

p.s look around this site(and others) alot more problems with vista then NOT your a joke.

5. Dierdre

Dierdre Banned

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7800GTX
    Its not hardware's fault.

Hardware on a stand alone level is totally functional but to work with your PC it needs instructions to be told what to do. That is what we know as drivers.

A new OS will need new drivers because the instruction sets are diffrent.

As the drivers improove so will the performance of the hardware and all the bugs/flaws can be worked out. The OS itself will seem to be worse at first, its new and all and will take time to adapt. It may fall behind XP in certian things but it will leap infront of it on others.

I dont see anything out of the norm here, if anything I think vista is getting patched up pretty fast. Companies have vista drivers comming out on a regular basis.

For the GPU side of things, its abit more complicated its not just Vista they are dealing with its DX10 and in ATI's case they have to deal with that super scaler tech they put on there new card the 2900XT wich is a pain on any OS.

6. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    My fault. I fell for the troll. Won't happen again.

7. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Then I must be crazy as I have found Vista drivers for every piece of hardware on my system, and haven't installed a single XP driver of any kind. And to really blow your theory out of the water, that is 64 bit drivers not 32.

Don't feel too bad, he's probably another one of those that keeps bashing Vista based on what he has read instead of experienced.

8. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    I tried to re-read his latest post, utter gibberish. My "brane" hurts.

9. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Exactly What so called "xp" drivers do u have to use??

Me i use No Xp Drivers....

Only person i know that uses a XP driver is A friend with a printer....

Mabye you used the Previous Beta Builds Becuase ther is very few things wrong with Vista...Only thing is 3d Performance...Even thats nothing to be angry over...Also ther is alot of Things BETTER than Xp...Including Networking...HD movie Acceleration...dx10....Stability!!!...

10. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    ROFL, nonsense.

Erm, Vista's fine here for me using the latest official drivers.

11. acare84

acare84 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
    OpenGL in Windows Vista still slower than XP.

12. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    mouse, sound card,monitor, nvidia installs win2k on 64 bit in their chipset,sorry you guys wanna call me a troll because im telling the truth not the halfass stuff you guys are saying ,most are doing dual boot because vista doesnt work right,its just like on here how people were saying ati drivers where the **** for vista but not one of those people read forums on here or anywhere else or they wouldnt of said it ,M$ needed to work with companies rather then leave them in the dark like they did.DO RESEACH before you blab nonsense and get people to upgrade,you must work for them cause they said the same thing but its not needed.and you guys must not be able to read with all the complaints on this forums and others.do a search for benchies xp vs. vista and youll see what in talking about.and if vista is so new why are they being sued for stealing old burning software ,did you guys read anything on the GDC07 99%of game devs are pissed cause M$ change **** that didnt need to be changed,like i said DO RESEACH.

p.s oooh im a troll hahahaha this is the problem with this site and many other,you try to help people and others disagree then they talk **** ,so you guys are how old 3-4,im 37 and working on or with comps since i was 12 thats 25 yrs most here arent even that old.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  13. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    I don't know about anyone else, but I think my head just about exploded trying to read that.

14. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    You have great difficulty stringing words together to express comprehensible thoughts ("mouse, sound card,monitor, nvidia installs win2k on 64 bit in their chipset"). You sometimes contradict yourself within the same sentence ("if vista is so new why are they being sued for stealing old burning software ,did you guys read anything on the GDC07 99%of game devs are pissed cause M$ change **** that didnt need to be changed"). You inject straw man arguments and end up debating yourself ("and you guys must not be able to read with all the complaints on this forums and others.do a search for benchies xp vs. vista and youll see what in talking about").

Take more time when composing a reply. I suspect we agree on more than we disagree, but it's often nearly impossible to understand what you're trying to say.

15. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Haha he says hes 37 yet he has the The Paragraphs and sentences of a 12 year old

Mouse...lol xp drivers???sure.... what mouse is it.....
    Sound Card...Thats creatives fault...
    Monitor....WTF lol why did u install a xp driver...
    lol why did u install a chipset driver.?? vista comes with all u need on that behalf.

Im pretty sure ive done more of your so called "research" than you have..

I have been beta testing Vista for Quite some time now, and hav had tge official for a while now to....so i know a little bit about it...

You Go ahead and blame MS for Drivers...When Most if not all the time its not ther fault

Now your gona say i work for ms?? lol no...i would never work for them..

You have been working on comps for 25 years...How does that make you have more info about vista??

Most of the complaints are from Illiterate People who know nothing about computers...and just buy things and hope they work...or people like you..Who hate Anything to Do with MS, you can tell who hates ms when they actually type $ instead of a s.....

Well thers my rant for the day...night...morning actually :p Bed time:)

16. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    i came to the conclusion that your a wanna be techie that bought M$ crap but will back them no matter what cause you already wasted your $$$ and cant get it back so you hope they fix stuff, so the next O.S will be even more of a beta then this one cause of people like you that do back them.belkin mouse now it is very smooth ,cornerstone monitor refresh rates and proper res work now and my creative card works now that i override the certified driver check that is not suppose to work AT ALL in VISTA ha and you described yourself as just buying things and hope they work ,me i made them work or made them work around.and this is a gaming forum like i care about proper sentences am i being graded ,and like i said i disagree try to teach you and guess what you talk **** like a someone who is afraid to learn new stuff.

p.s to the first poster if you wanna know how vista is working read the driver threads on vista in this forum and youll see the truth.

man i wish i had one of these special comps that ran vista perfect like a few of you have ****in liers.

oh and what is hav,thers and tge oh you cant spell but you wanna talk about me get a life.and no vista didnt install any type of chipset for me and if youve read on these forum vista shows updates for some but not others.

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Wow....im not going to bother reading that..again..i couldnt understand it the first time...

im just gona end it there for me...You obviously have some issues to work out...

And no this isnt a gaming forum....Its a universal Forum...Not just gaming. Hardware more over gaming.

Am i the only one who Cant understand What he says....

18. tonk

tonk Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gts x2
    Videocard: EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    Processor: 165 OPTERON @2880 (stockair 1.32)
    Mainboard: DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 Ultra D
    Memory: G-Skill 2x1GIG=2GIG @2.5-3-3-5
    Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER LIVE
    PSU: JUST PC 500 Watt SLI

"snicker"

Vista runs fine if you have hardware that is not over 3 years old to support it.

19. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    The computershop I work for recommends the best that's out there at the moment, and that's Windows XP SP2. It is stable and more compatible with the hardware from the past. History is repeating itself. XP was also very unpopular and untill SP1 got released.

It's true that Microsoft has to stop releasing unfinshid products, but most problems are caused by the users that don't know how to install and configure the OS correctly.

I wait for SP1 :)

20. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    Look he said it was so new not me. I was just showing that is was not that new,that is not contradicting myself. Stating their getting sued for stealing old software is just showing that its not new(pretty simple). Straw man arguments ,saying read these forums and other about the complaints. Saying do a search for bench marks about xp vs. vista. I really dont see your point and please fill out your specs before responding to me please. And thx for trying to take my words out of text. And does this look better for you. Cause you wont see it again!! But funny thing is you knew what i meant just trying to look cool uh. Like i just wrote am I being graded,nope.piss off.