Nvidia driver with TV out and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jodokus, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jodokus

jodokus Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD 256mb
    Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about making the step from Win XP to Win 7 with my Geforce 9600 GT, but i'm concerned about the functioning of the TV-out via Svideo for watching movies on my TV set. Right now I'm using the "clone" button in Nview, but I know Nvidia dropped Nview with Win Vista. Is it still possible to use "cloning" in Win 7 for watching movies on my TV via the Svideo TV-out? Hope to hear from you.

p.s. sorry for my english, I'm from the Netherlands

2. jodokus

jodokus Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD 256mb
    I don't understand that nobody is facing the same problem as I do..... Don't you guys use the TV-OUT?

3. vindassius

vindassius Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    hi ive used my x1650 pro and a ati 9700pro agp and also my gts250 all for tv out and not had an issue at all and im running windows 7 ult and also used both vista ult / home prem and on my server ive used xp pro x64 the only snag i have is the resolution for the actual desktop is pants but when watching a movie with vlc player full screen not an issue with res and i use bbc iplayer (the big screen edition)

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    nVidia dropped nView and put the multi-display options directly into the control panel...the option should be listed under "setup multiple displays" or "configure multiple displays".....or something of that nature. I can't currently check because Win7 refused to install with my GTX275 installed, so I had to switch to my gimped HD4850 to complete the Win7 installation.

5. jodokus

jodokus Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD 256mb
    Thnx for the replies guys. So it works with Ati cards, but with Nvidia cards it's still not clear.... pitty. The thing is I don't want to do a clean windows 7 install and find out it doesn't work with my 9600 GT..... Do you know under "setup multiple displays" there is a "clone" option with the full screen video on both screens? Right now I'm using GOM player for playback and it works fantastic!

6. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA/GTX 1060 SC 6G
    Clone view works with my 9600 gt, windows 7 ult x 64, acer 22in monitor and 42 in plasma. The one part I don't like is I can't have 2 independent resolutions in clone view.