nVidia driver comparison

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by modal11, Mar 21, 2011.

1. modal11

modal11 Member

GPU:
    nVidia Quadro FX 4400 512
    Hey all,

Has anyone ever found a decent list or chart comparing nVidia drivers and performance stats?

I'm curious because many 3D/CAD software (maybe games too?) companies recommend using specific drivers and these tend to be older releases and not all the same release.

I've tried googling a number of times but haven't found anything like this.

Thanks!
    g

2. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    The simple answer is there isn't one.

Every computer acts differently, so if someone does a comparison his results would be different than what you may come up with. There used to be lots of these comparisons on the web but quickly where dropped due this issue. Even if your system was by any chance, close to the system used in the benchmark, your results might come out different because of this.

This is why it's best to benchmark drivers your self.

Company's usually recommend the driver the game was developed with, which is why some recommend different one at times.

JMHO.

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I agree with Flakman, such comparisons are useless. And one should not go by these comparisons, as you might get conserned that something is wrong if you dont score equally to the comparison, when actually the scoreĀ“s are not always equal, due to some small differences that are not visual to see or touch.

4. modal11

modal11 Member

GPU:
    nVidia Quadro FX 4400 512
    Ok thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

On a similar note, just updated to 267.66 on my Quadro and it dropped my frame rates by about 75%...back I go! :)