NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I been using nvidia for 12+ years and have not seen 3 drivers in a row that were this bad on my system. Do not know how many people are affected, prob most do not have any problems or was fixed in a future driver out of the last 3. I would not hesitate in getting a 980ti though, nvidia are usually quicker than this in fixing problems. I would look into evga for the warranty.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Buggy drivers come and go in waves, last time it took them few months to finally fix it (massive TDR @ Fermi GF104/114).. 280.xx - 295.xx (3-4months or so)..

btw TK did you try newest beta flash v18? I also did this update when I reinstalled 353.12 and I haven't seen any TDR like that since, browser HW always on.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just installed it, maybe I`ll try that driver tomorrow.

4. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    The Drivers are hit and miss, sounds like a new one is around the corner though. As for PNY I had my doubts about them as well, but the card I have now has a life warranty and had to deal with customer service once, went smoothly.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    I have a GTX 770 2gb and did a quick test in story mode from the start of the game with the above settings you mentioned,
    everything on Ultra+2x SSAA vsync off mine drops to 35 minimum at some random points due to the game exceeding the vram limit.
    I get as high as about 120+ fps but on average i would say 60 to 70+ fps.
    They might have 4gb versions of a gtx 680 thus not running out of vram which causes drops to around 30 to 35 fps.
    I suggest you run MSI Afterburner and monitor your vram usage and adjust the settings accordingly.
    BTW i did not try your settings.

EDIT: I have not been gaming much lately but these drivers have not caused me any problems with chrome and firefox which i have been using most of the day.
    As for Nvidia drivers getting worse lately just think of how many os and gpu configurations they have to deal with.
    A unified driver for win 7, 8 and 8.1 and i guess they are hard at work for creating drivers for Win10 release which is a completely different os.
    DX12 is coming like it or not and Nvidia plus AMD have to put 100% effort to impress gamers on the new os Win10

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  6. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Random flicker in Evolve. Rollback to 350.12. ok

7. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    guys anybody has a solution to the random "display driver has stopped working" driver crash while browsing in firefox, its very irritating

8. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    i'm getting TDR in TF2 using adaptive vsync

9. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Event viewer full of "error 13" messages, with these drivers. I get random, in game "TDR's" since the 4th when I first installed the 353.06 drivers. In The Witcher 3 I get random screen flashes to white, checked event viewer to see I had another TDR. BF4 also crashed to desk top with TDR errors. No crashes on the desktop or in browser though.

Clean install using DDU.

Went back to the 347.88 drivers and no more errors.

I hope nVidia can sort out all these issues that are present in the 35x.xx drivers. What ever they changed is not working for them.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I went back to this 353.06 if GTA5 is any different.

Well GTA5 multiplayer part is terrible with 353.12, occasional streaming hickups, they increase with higher shadow softening technique, also low fps time to time (alt+tab 1-2 times fixes it), usually after few 4-5 deaths (30-60min) when map reloads and re-streams few times. In this time I noticed few missing textures (ground sidewalk parts, 2-3 so far), saw another guru3d member mentioning this.

Somehow MSAA makes it less obvious, but its a bit too much 2xmsaa +. Im using ingame FXAA + DSR 2560x1440.

This is with vsync on + 60fps limiter rtss osd, driver 16xAF, threaded opt.- on, prefer max performance, 1 or 2 frames to render ahead, single display, Texture filtering Q - high quality.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015

11. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Hello guys... I need to buy a new card, and I'm very worried about Kepler scandal. I don't change hardware and gpu cards very often and for me a 980/980TI is a huge investment.
    Can you tell me if Kepler driver fixed completely the performance?
    I'm very worried about the future of Maxwell after Pascal launch, if this "bad thing" could happens again.

Does website like Guru3D has reviewed the game again with the new driver?

Thank you.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    There was Fermi GF104/114 & GF110 regression 1-2 times in the past, but they always fixed it, eventually. Thanks to community.

It could very well happen on Maxwell GM204 & GM200, usually if they fiddle with driver code too much, mostly by new driver branches.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ok GTA5 was a lot smoother if I used driver forced nvinspector 60fps limiter @ vsync. Also changed frames to render to auto if that makes any difference..

So maybe it was "fine" by 353.12 too, will keep this 353.06 for a while if there is no tdr anymore.

14. EarlZ

EarlZ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 780
    Is it in the realm of possibility that these drivers are actually stable and they are just exposing instabilities of overclocks not just from the GPU but the rest of the system?

15. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 SC ACX 2GB
    Yes I think is possible, my whole system is at stock clocks, and I don't have the mentioned issues, no TDR's, BSOD's, everything is smooth here with 353.06. :formal:

16. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Doubtful.

These crashes, at least for me, are TDR-specific which is a kernal crash related to the driver/video card. Not the cpu.

Whenever I've experienced unstable CPU in the past, it usually just restarts the computer randomly and you get a different crash file.

These crashes for me have been TDR .dmp files. I don't think the cpu or system ram is related to it at all.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    No, because I crashed at stock too. And even if you crash while overclocked, it just keeps crashing no matter what you do until you restart. Driver is simply broken.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All my driver crashes and browser crashes were on the desktop with gpus clocked at idle clocks,. Did not even try games or benches at full clocks because they were unstable on the desktop. The last 3 drivers exhibited this behavior, 350.12 and earlier worked fine. Thats the driver I am on now.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Same here.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well my system ram and cache OC appeared to be a little unstable by extreme load..
    I found out later when I encoded longer 1080p mkv 4-8GB files to mp4 with moviemaker 120min+), dunno. Now that I readjusted it and I didnt see it anymore.
    This was since 9-10 days on 353.12 and now 3rd day on 353.06, also updated flash to beta v18 and set polling rate to 4000ms just in case.

No clean install, just overwrote 353.12 with 353.06 and rebooted later.. Then played GTA5 for few hrs and now today still fine, flash, web etc.