NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    No issues here. Upgraded from 347.88.

2. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    but older drivers no have optimization to gta 5... makes more sense comparison between this drivers in metro last light... tomb raider... maybe f1 2014 because is same engine since 2010 without any change...

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3070Ti
    Not a single crash on my GTX670 (heavily OCed). Only difference I sensed is performance boost :)

Great drivers.

4. BadDriver

BadDriver Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I always crashed with BF4: your connection to the server timed out.

I looked for a program that could be causing this time out problem and it was nvidia GFE shadowplay.

I dissabled shadowplay and didnt had any server time outs.

i will test it a full week, will there be no more server timed outs than nvidia has to fix someting in shadowplay.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    **Excitedly uninstalls GeForce Experience in hopes it may work...***

I miss the Witcher 3 performance with driver 353.06. It runs W3 much better than 350.

I'll try a clean install of and use the driver/physx only, no Experience. I don't need any of the other junk anyways.

*crosses fingers*

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Good luck, I only install the driver and physx and have problems with the last 3 drivers.

7. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    i was able to improve the 4K Streaming Latency significantly on my i5-2400 with the GTX 970 :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nvidias Multithreading Driver Performance gets more efficient every Release for the GM204 (Maxwell V2) the nearer we get to DX12 Release :)

Im pretty sure this is also the reason why some users systems start to become more unstable due to to heavy OC in their Systems causing to high frequency interferences.

They seem to start to overload the Gating efficiency off their Systems Hardware and the Windows Kernel to much.

DX11 ist heavy under Pressure allready with the latest Driver :)

It shows the excellent work of the Nvidia Driver Team pushing every bit of Performance out of the Shaders Multithreading and Efficient low latency Communication with the CPU bringing the WDDM in the case above 1.1 to the Edge :)

And i would like to say

Great work @ManuelG and the Driver Team i can see and especialy Feel the Improvements you guys pushing out of Windows and Maxwell almost every Release now :)

I can't wait to see the OIT improvements coming into Play soon and how scenes that presure this part become more frametime stable in the Future :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  8. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    yeah its really great when the games tdr crash every 30 min cr_n_cher. Good job nvidia.

Would like to see this happen even more frequently and consistently in future drivers. :puke2:

9. BadDriver

BadDriver Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Shadowplay was causing problems with Asus gpu tweak. The clocks stayed on max after gaming and now i found out that the server timed out problem with BF4 is also comming from shadowplay.

Can u look into this Manuel G.

I played a few maps BF4 with shadowplay dissabled and no more: your connection to the server timed out.

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC

11. gozunz

gozunz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Not really? Im currently playing GTA5, so would want a driver that is best for this game, so that means in my eyes the new drivers are a win.

12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Wat?

13. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    For gtaV it is for sure, at least for kepler. Previous drivers I was getting horrible stuttering after 30 minutes of game play, not anymore :)

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bad driver for me, get the chrome freeze and driver not responding. Going back to 347.88, only reason i installed these was to install the Geforce experience to get the Witcher 3 for free otherwise i wouldn't have bothered.

15. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    this only proves that a driver released in 2013 no have optimization for gta 5

nothing more

16. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Ive even had a crash with these drivers when alt-tabbing out of BF4 and playing a video monitors would go black and flashing white bar would appear on top of my second monitor. Had to reset. Strange crashes with these for sure.

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    The Driver has very good IQ for GTA V but the stability lacks i had 2 D3D_GFX_INT Crashes now that i never had before with the ICafe driver :(

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But no TDR

And 1 Time the VRAM overflooded and the Driver failed to compensate it when doing a forced Light State Change that was also Crazy never experienced this before.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Could have todo with the overall improved IQ triggering resources on the Edge and maybe a Memory Leak somewhere in those what seems to be Default MSAA improvements mostly.

Will try the Hotfix Driver

Results are GTX 970 (GM204)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3070Ti
    GTA V, BF 4 played for hours... No crash :)

19. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
  20. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Still going belly up with Witcher 3 for me.

Has either CDPR or Nvidia admitted there's an issue and looking into it or do we just have to put up with it? It's unplayable for me atm, the prospect of crashing at any point makes it useless.

I'll keep these drivers as I don't seem to have issues with anything else but The Witcher, which makes me think it might be the actual game but others say it's with Chrome too, so who knows.