NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    MSI (message signal interrupt).But we can only speculate as there has been no official word from Nvidia.Sora directed the question at Manuel G on geforce forums but I don't think they got an answer.MSI will put more strain on mem, chipset and cpu as it - "allows the device to write a small amount of interrupt-describing data to a special memory-mapped I/O address, and the chipset then delivers the corresponding interrupt to a processor." - wiki.

I've come across this MSI thing before with one of the earlier drivers when I just got my first 670, was still in my old P45 system.Think it was one of the 301.xx or 310.xx sets but the driver that came after, the IRQ was back to 16.That's why when I noticed it with 350.05 I wasn't surprised but shocked as a lot of people had issues they didn't have before.I thought it only logical this could be the defining factor across multiple systems and multiple drivers after 350.05.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Shady757

Shady757 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    Yes, this is what's happening to me as well. Hopefully NVIDIA will add some better detection, because obviously Paint.Net is not rendering using DirectX. (or I don't see why it would anyway)

I haven't personally seen it happen in any other program that isn't a game.

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Evga Precision X 16 version 5.3.3 works flawlessly for me.Version 4.2.1 which a lot of people still swear by exhibits the problems you've described.

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I am not following how they can run card w/o IRQ , if there using MSI IRQ should show up with a " -XX " value . Open device manager, vid card properties then under resources it should show up or you could use System information >Hardware resources>IRQ .

More info on it and how to change to MSI .
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=378044

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Been using these drivers since they were posted here in GTA5, Witcher 3, and a few other games. Zero problems so far.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    To answer my own question, no, it still crashes when idle. Luckily it has never happened while gaming otherwise I would have had to revert to pre-Witcher 3 drivers.

7. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 880M/8GB VRAM
    ? The changelog said it added DSR for laptops with Fermi or higher, but I have a 880m and no DSR option.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Great, glad I could help and that it worked for you too :)

Yeah it was a weird glitch, I was like wut same 99% gpu usage and now 40ish fps vs 60fps+, something isn't right and then I tried that just for fun and bingo :D

9. bodgeup

bodgeup New Member

GPU:
    Palit Titan X
    353.06 Problem with Titan X.

Ive had lots of "driver Stopped responding" messages too and im also running Titan X!

You think they would get driver right seeing as how much the dam card cost me!

Bodgeup

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Lots of great info there I didn't know, thank you! :thumbup:

11. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    No problems with my 770, clocks at 1293/7860. I don't run the games you guys do tho, but still nice good scores on 3DMark, for what that's worth, but baseball and my golf playing fine.

12. Froggystylexz95

Froggystylexz95 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SC 12gb
    You're not alone, my friend. I had no crashes with my 780 GTX just a couple weeks ago with the 350 drivers, but now I'm getting lots of display driver crashes in The Witcher 3 and GTAV with 350+ drivers. Just had one in The Witcher 3 after running these new drivers. Although, I didn't get any with Battlefield 4, so at least it's not a faulty card.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  13. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Bad drivers for me, only playing TW3 constant crashes to desktop, had to revert back to 352.86 which were more stable.
    Performance wise this driver seemed smoother though.

14. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The problem I had with the driver stopped responding ( without error ) with the last driver seems to be gone. But it's only been a day since I've had it so fingers crossed it stays working.

The last driver was the worst one I've experienced since the drivers that introduced AO overrides in 2008...all of a sudden dozens of games had problems back then. But driver stopping responding without fail every hour takes the take.

15. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    *Deleted*

Sorry, posted in wrong thread :wanker:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    BTW, I lied. I do crash in Witcher 3 with these. I got to Novigrad and started crashing every 5-10 minutes. Clock speeds didn't matter. Went to older driver, no more crashing.

17. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Driver crash this morning, whilst watching video on youtube.

18. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    This driver definitely improved frame rates for my 780 ti in Witcher 3. Best of all, I managed to play 8 hours straight yesterday without a single CTD due to "driver not responding" or whatever the message says. What's also impressive is how those crash-free 8 hours were the very last part, and most graphically intense section of the game.

Warning! Spoiler! (this is NOT a screenshot)
    After killing the King of the Hunt when Geralt and Yen ride horses toward the Elven ruin, with all the explosions and monsters everywhere, I thought for certain that the game would crash. But nope, rock solid.

19. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SC2 2038
    With G-Sync on.
    In Nvidia Control panel under 3d management > Vertical section > on.
    If you press the button for default values it will then change to let the 3d application managed vsync. :3eyes:

20. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    What drivers u use ?