NVIDIA Downgrading Kepler performance-Myth Or True?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by moab600, May 18, 2015.

1. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I just can't believe Nvidia would purposely "downgrade" Kepler at this time. IMO, neglecting Kepler optimizations for new games isn't the same as downgrading, but it's still bad to just neglect the older series like that.

Nvidia has apparently responded to the complaints though, and promised a new driver for Kepler.
    What makes me cautious though is that this never had happened if Nvidia hadn't been called out for neglecting Kepler. It's probable that this same scenario will happen again in the future.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Monster Hunter online (Cryenigne3), runs fine with Gameworks - hairworks and its a 2015 benchmark, same by others (except Withcer), well nvidia confirmed there are some issues with Kepler & latest drivers so we should see a fix "soon", hopefully by next driver..

3. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I´m pretty sure they are neglecting Kepler. They didn´t work with cdpr for months to deliver this crap to their own users. I bet that if this was gaming evolved game this wouldn´t have happened:

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    All those online benchmarks stink, even the ones done on youtube they must be done with reference cards and stock clocks.

Because from my own experience with my 780Ti Direct CU 2 by asus my performance is always miles better than what they post online.

Except for the vram limitations on this card it still performs great in all the new titles and now downgrade through drivers detected here, yes nvidia's last 2 driver releases were a but disappoint but 352 is up to par again atleast imo :)

5. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Direct answer : YES Nvidia is downgrading Kepler performance in order to make Maxwell shine.

6. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    I love it when people make unsubstantiated claims. They later pretend they said nothing at all when they end up being wrong. How about y'all be patient while they get the issues ironed out. So nVidia's drivers are rather lacking WRT Kepler here lately. Just because Maxwell performance isn't down doesn't mean they are sabotaging anything. That's all I've been hearing from people these days...nVidia is sabotaging AMD, nVidia is sabotaging games, nVidia is sabotaging their own products. If y'all are unhappy with nVidia, allow me to remind you that AMD isn't doing too hot themselves when it comes to drivers, or lack thereof. Seriously, did a sizable portion of the gaming community recently shove their heads somewhere that doesn't get much sunlight? I can understand being frustrated that your cards may not have drivers that improved performance for recent games, but this conspiracy crap is getting ridiculous.

7. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
  8. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER 8G
    Lets hope so.. as there is no way I'm going out with the current price of a Maxwell card is at the moment, when the 780Ti is almost faster than the 970.. (or I don't know if it is or not.. not sure :p)