NVIDIA DirectX Ultimate Developer Preview Driver [450.82]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This preview driver is intended for developers testing their applications with DirectX 12 Ultimate. This driver supports DXR Tier 1.1, Sampler Feedback, and Mesh Shaders:

https://developer.nvidia.com/directx

GRD 450.82 For Windows 10[Standard]
    GRD 450.82 For Windows 10[DCH]

Quadro 450.82 For Windows 10[Standard]
    Quadro 450.82 For Windows 10[DCH]

Feedback is requested - https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

An account with an activated developer login is required to download these files.

Issues noted:
    • HDR issue with several games, same as [2909218](Fixed in next GRD 44x driver)
    • Vulkan titles might stutter and have bad framepacing with GPU Scheduling (this might just be due to low level api intracompatibility) Reported fixed following a reboot
    • Sharpening is not present from a clean install
      • HKR,"FTS",EnableRID74712,%REG_DWORD%,1 is missing
      • Use this reg file to add it (Elevated regedit required)
      • Reported as not working even when present and enabled.
    • The Crew 2 lighting bug when changing setting. Workaround is to restart the game after
    • Clocks get stuck at P0 when opening an overclock tool while Hardware scheduling is active.
    • AppInit_Dll gets enabled for nvinitx.dll for some reason, certain machines may crash for an undetermined reason.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    tayyar, Caesar, bigcid1 and 10 others like this.
  2. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    This nicely complements the release of 20H1 to the RP ring. I hope the DX12 and Vulkan titles which had trouble with 450.12 will work acceptably (if not great) on RTX cards with this one. :)

3. Rageoverrun

Rageoverrun New Member

GPU:
    16GB
    Cheers, thanks for the heads up. Testing now.

4. Maximus344

Maximus344 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb Windforce oc
    The standard edition i tested dosent have image sharpening on nvidia control panel,can someone confirm it or a bug on my side?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You might need to clean install, sharpening is present in the nvcpl here.

[​IMG]

6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I wonder if Shader Cache bug is fixed in this release. I doubt it.

I'll just wait until they drop a hotfix for current drivers. Really nothing to test these on besides what's out now.

RodroG likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its only just been accepted, it probably hasn't even been looked at yet.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Before anyone asks, Branch is 450_00-129
    Vulkan is 1.1.133

eGGroLLiO and angelgraves13 like this.
  9. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    Both RotTR DX12 and Doom Ethernal run fine (these both crashed with 450.12) and DX11.1 games seem to function great as well (I tested all with HW-S enabled).

After Doom-E automatically switched Win10-HDR on and off again, the display somehow got stuck in a halfway state though. The TV's OSD still claims that it's in HDR10 mode with the toogle Off. Colors (on the Win desktop) look mostly fine but a little "washed out" [indicating the WRGB OLED panel is still in HDR mode where W overshoots and de-saturates the RGB colors a bit]). I tried manually toggling the Win10 switch on/off but that didn't change anything. This never happened before but it could be a random occurrence (and might have nothing to do with this specific driver). What's really makes this anomaly confusing is that the Windows desktop does look a bit different between Win10-HDR On/Off. Something is clearly happening but the TV always claims it's in HDR mode. Yet the colors are never completely broken (as one would expect if things got truly stuck like this and there was an SDR/HDR format mismatch somewhere in the line). Switching the TV to other inputs (like a built-in app) makes it switch back to SDR properly. Going back to the HDMI port with the PC, it switches to HDR10 mode yet again (Win10-HRD still set to Off).
    It's like Win10-HDR=Off is now the old On position (SDR->HDR conversion on the fly for "legacy" apps and the desktop) but with actual HDR formats prohibited and the On position additionally allows for true HDR functioning in compatible apps. Weird.

Edit: Rebooting the PC ficex this. (The TV didn't need a reboot.)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    peppercute likes this.
  10. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Member Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    I haven't tried any of the wddm 2.7 drivers, still on 1909. But just wanted to chime in that I had this happen to me once with Doom Eternal right after it launched, running 442.74 at that time. But same thing happened after quiting game, my AVR and TV were still seeing the HDR10 metadata and showing it was receiving a HDR signal but the colour was def not in actual HDR. Windows HDR setting was turned off, and flipping it also didn't change it, I also resolved the issue by restarting system. Never had the issue pop up again,

11. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    same here

12. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I launched and closed Doom-E again: the same thing happened (stuck in some half-HDR state). It's probably the game, I will try some other Win10-HDR auto-switch supported game tomorrow.

13. peppercute

peppercute Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    sooo, my test GPU scheduling in Anno 1800... and i got bug with HDR10 too =|
    [​IMG]

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The HDR issues are being worked on in the 445 branch, they are all likely under the same bug.[2909218]

It's been fixed and will be in the hotfix driver that also corrects MHW

I'm curious if anyone has had any pauses, hiccups, black screens idle clock problems or generalized instability with Hardware scheduling?

thats impossible!

15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    61FPS average to 143FPS average? :confused:

Yeah I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Something doesn't add up here. Unless the implementation here is vastly different to 450.12 which I've used for a while on Slow Ring.

@cryohellinc is it possible to get the Quadro version of this cleaned and modded? Thank you so much if you can whenever you're free, that would be great.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats pointless, its the same driver with the same binaries, all thats different is the inf.

No, quality will not be better on the Quadro package.

17. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Confirming the HDR10 bug in Doom Eternal.
    On top of that, the game now has severe framepacing issues with very noticeable stutters despite the fps being high.
    It was running like butter on the current stable drivers, I will try some other Vulkan applications later to see if it's widespread.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    With or without GPU Scheduling?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it is what it is.

Caesar likes this.
  20. GiveMe