Nvidia demos AI method to convert 30fps image into 480fps slow motion video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Lag would be bigger than double buffering but smaller than triple buffering.
    It would look smoother, but it would not deliver information.
    I think it would feel like having some strong mouse smoothing or playing on gamepad + console.

I would rather have dynamic resolution scale, so if fps would have to drop below 60fps, driver would simply reduce resolution of frame a bit. Path of Exile does that.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Ok get the Zabruger footage into this proccess and maybe we will actually be able to see the bullets in flight. :eek:

3. Timothy D Smith

Timothy D Smith Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 1080ti
    This is really cool. It gives me hope that in the near future we can see high frame rate versions of classic 24fps movies. One thing that I wish Nvidia would look into would be putting real time frame interpolation on the GPU. I use frame interpolation for couch gaming and at 30hz (Older Final Fantasy games) it doesn't work very well but going from 60hz to 120hz it works pretty well and the input lag is not bad. If the GPU was doing the interpolating I imagine that it would be better and the GPU would have access to the second frame in memory much sooner so the quality and lag should be very low.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Have you ever played anything in CyberLink PowerDVD with fps doubling?
    Wonderfully made movies look like cheap Brazilian Telenovela.

5. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    They're not? You just interpret things very negatively, Palpatine.
    You can ignore comments but apparently they hit you hard and I don't know why.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Nah, they don't 'hit me hard'.

It's just a chore to read through comments that frankly add nothing and always have negativity in them, generally those threads that have nvidia or intel in the title.
    It's not just you, it's annoying to read through these new people who make negative posts or spam consistently lately.

But yes, my point is you making comments about "ngreddia" which is a negative connotation.
    Somehow nv and intel have screwed you over enough that you need to express said comments every time

7. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    The lack of competition is to blame too, but Intel just stopped moving forward past Sandy Bridge. And that new socket/chipset every generation...I hate a company that tries to milk my wallet.
    As for Nvidia, I bough 9800GTX doa and had numerous driver issues plus early dropped support on my next cards so I had enough.
    I'm rocking an AMD GPU and my next CPU will probably be AMD.