NVIDIA creates a gaming studio to remaster classic PC games -

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. AlbertX

AlbertX Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1070
    That is because you don't understand Spanish, the images are just a filler is the explanation what happens, these are not benchmarks these are technical explanations, on Metro you are 100% wrong the game is always over 60 and this ULTRA Quality. and no you want to convice yourself to have a reason to say why don't you like RTX? fine, but you are nitpicking what you want to make your argument, I do extensive test and you are wrong.

Well at the Voodoo 2 times, you bought these cards to play at around 40 fps, games then used to run much slower, people just don't remember, so expecting to play raytracing cards to play a 1440p 144Fps is unreal, just as buying a voodoo at the time to play at more than 800x600 (unless you bought 2) 60 fps was also no pun intended unreal.

Same with first Geforce card with T&L those cards use to drag themselves, is how technology works, but many just don't remember or are not from the days when 3D was evolving, raytracing is the next logical step and it will happen all over, I prefer graphic fidelity over FPS to be honest, so I don't care about 144fps I am ok with 1440p 60

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    For me it would be Half Life 1 and 2 or Black Mesa, HL2 Cinema Mod and HL3!!!

Or even GLDoom or eDuke!

DeskStar likes this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Ha ha... 4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC still in sig. Congrats on your newly found value consciousness. :D

Size_Mick likes this.
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Makes me laugh so hard at work when I hear people saying the new PS5 and Xbox are going to have ray tracing! Like seriously? They will probably have a cut down version of it that barely makes any difference and console players will jump up and down screaming we have ray tracing for under $500 blah blah....

Its a technology that is simply not ready for the mass market and was shoehorned in to sell new cards. I would of much preferred no ray tracing yet and just a beefy shader heavy GPU that destroys 4K. Not a card that can just about play 4K then have to scaled back to 1080p with ray tracing. Release ray tracing when its more viable. The same can be said for things like PhysX, the original cards were nowhere near ready for mass market (i know I had one).

holler likes this.

5. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Unreal tournament is the s**t...I still play it today sometimes and the nostalgia of lan parties... - it can still give class to a lot of fps's from today. A remaster would be perfect but not only ray tracing, EVERYTHING!

DeskStar likes this.
  6. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    system shock 2 is all I ask.

7. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    im not expecting 144fps with rtx, im saying id rather play at 144 fps that 60 with rtx, especially on a shooter game, and pretty much all rtx game are shooter games, i can still play bfv with rtx over 60 fps on my 1080ti. and i had a voodoo 1 by the way :) i remember that back in the days it was still performing better than a riva tnt in unreal tournament :)

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Ray tracing on the cost of 50% fps and scaled down resolution?
    The added performance at 4K is not worth the extra cost either, only 2080ti really works there, waiting to see what AMD comes up with next, RX 5700 XT f's Nvidia all over for value @ regular 1440p, waiting for something more powerful from camp red that pushes 4K and ships with the same aggresive pricing.

DeskStar likes this.
  10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Being a one percenter for a while was nice. Then again we're talking of pc hardware so that lasted all of but maybe six months.

Newly found......?!? Guess it's all in the perception of the individual....