nvidia control panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by romaurie, Aug 12, 2011.

1. romaurie

romaurie Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500 GT

I can't access my nvidia control panel.System restore worked once, but the 2nd time reported no restore points.
    Tried safe mode driver cleaner and installation of the latest driver and 196.34 but installation fails every time.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The other problem is that on a cold boot the screen uses the vga display.If I restart it goes into the correct display

This is a GeForce 9500GT card.The TV or PC screen will boot but not together.
    If I could use "TV tool" I would, but it is not compatible with w 7 .
    I get the impression from web links that short of re-installing windows there is no sure fix for this problem.

I also downloaded and tried to install the nvidia 280.26 display driver after using driver cleaner pro.No Nvidia driver is listed in my programs list but I still can't install the new driver.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Guest

Try installing it through Device Manager....

3. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have very similar problem, can't access CP. An icon appears were the Nvidia Update icon sits in system tray but you cant right click it.

4. romaurie

romaurie Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500 GT
    Final Solution

Device manager listed my GeForce 9500GT as an ├╝nknown".I tried to search for the new driver and found it only to be informed that an error was preventing it being installed.And to contact nVidia support.I suppose if you are resident in the US the telephone option is acceptable.But from other locations no email contact is useless!
    Now I tried to get help from the "Techsupport forum", the "nVidia suport forum but only this one replied.
    But "reading between lines"I figured this was a windows 7 problem and nothing short of a new install was going to work.So that is what I have done.Put it on a new partition so "" Old Windows"" is still available.
    And every thing works fine!In fact a lot better than before.
    So, although It feels a bit O.T.T. to re-install just coz I couldn't get dual screen options, It was worth it.
    Also living in Eilat, outside temp. today 47 Degrees C, I can wait for those mild winter days to go out.As it is I spend all week in the sun attending refrigeration/air conditioning breakdowns.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Guest

It's not really a Win7 problem afaik, but rather an issue with Nvidia's crappy installer which is known to screw up...
    I've had at least 4 sets where the installer failed.

If it craps out again install thru the device manager and if it errors out reboot your PC, it should install on reboot..
    That's how I got it to work anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011