Nvidia Control Panel + MS Store

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Colin, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Colin

Colin New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI
    I signed up hoping that someone could give me a work around for obtaining the control panel after driver update, without using MS store.
    Last month I installed the panel with 441.12 driver package and then used nvslimmer on 441.87 and was able to work around things that way.
    Nvslimmer is not working with 442.19. With the repackage the control panel is being removed from my computer.
    Obviously I would get it from MS store if I could, but when I try all I ever get is, " there is no associated app." Good luck talking to anyone from there about it.
    Really wishing I had bought Radeon at this point. Pointlessly frustrating to what used to be a simple procedure.I would greatly appreciate any advice.

2. disq

disq Active Member

GPU:
    GTX
  3. Colin

Colin New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI
    H
    Holy hell. I spent 2 hours plus on phone with Nvidia trying to figure this out. They nearly convinced me my windows install was porked, Scoured webpages. Like I said ended up using nvslimm to work around it and that's all I had to do? I cant thank you enough for putting me out of my misery. From what I have seen I think there are a lot of people who are having this same confusion. Again, Thanks so much.

4. rocky01

rocky01 New Member

GPU:
    ctx 970

5. JLPicard

JLPicard Member

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 1
    None of those Options worked for me. Still says I need to use Microsoft Store.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  7. rocky01

rocky01 New Member

GPU:
    ctx 970
    Agreed. Windows will quickly and quietly install its version of Nvidia drivers before you know it, especially if say you don't even know about DCH architecture yet. If after DDU, you get your Game Ready version installed, and then find the trusty Nvidia Control Panel only appears inside Windows 10 control panel, the .reg file mentioned above works just fine to bring it back to the taskbar where it belongs. BTW, I learned I had to install Game Ready Drivers WITHOUT rebooting when DDU was done stripping out the DCH drivers, otherwise - you guessed it - DCH would reinstall during seconds long reboot. Good grief.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020