Nvidia Confirms Shield Pro-console with 500GB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 21, 2015.

1. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 TI
    This,

Pretty much how id be using one with Plex server with all my Blu-ray rips, since it also supports 7.1 and 5.1 surround sound pass through over HDMI, it makes it pretty decent theater system, Plus powerful enough to play emulators blown up onto a 4k TV, :nerd:

I just wish Razer would release the mouse/keyboard they announced at CES this year, the Razer Turret, would go perfectly with this sitting on the sofa!

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I agree it won't be a huge success like Xbox or Playstation, but this isn't just for old games, the whole point of this console is to use the Nvidia Grid streaming service which streams new and old games.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Now if this works with any controller, say a G27 wheel, I will definitely buy one and stream my racing games to the living room and sell my living room rig.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, I get it - but it's hard to call one of their latest games The Witcher:2 'new'.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Ah, so they are putting that disk space into the tablet because they want to INSTALL games on there, now I see. I'm not sure this makes sense since it would make that grid and my own PC somewhat obsolete (just in single games cases), but I see the reason behind it now.

Somehow I don't think the 500GB shield would cost 200$, last time I checked the 'normal' Shield tablet sold for more than 350€ here. I guess it will be more like 450€ :)

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    But this isn't a tablet. I'd does not have a display. I would put money on it being $200-300.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The original Shield Console that I believe was either 16gb or 32gb is suppose to retail for $200, so this may be on the lines of $300 I would guess. I think that's a little too high, and they need to put it at the $200 mark and either scrap the base console, or sell it at a sub $100 mark.

For an Android settop box, I think this one is great for the storage alone. Now I understand that you can always add storage via sd card or a usb drive, but those aren't as fast as a real hard drive or SSD.