1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Added some new DX11 SLI profiles to the master list spreadsheet.
    As usual, all major changes are listed in the changelog document linked in the OP.

Regarding the thread not being sticky anymore, this seems like a strange decision IMO.
    However it is really out of my hands I'm afraid.

fantaskarsef and pedigrew like this.
  2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Thank you so much! I loaded up Skyrim SE a few months ago wanting to DSR it (surely, with all the grunt of 1080Ti this should be easy) but was dismayed at the shadow flickering SLI introduced. Hopefully these new flags will fix this :)

3. dave2575

dave2575 New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1070
    "SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11)" For World of Warships.. can somebody tell me if I should be using: "0x0C0000F5 (Alien: Isolation, World of Tanks) "

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. arel77

arel77 Active Member

GPU:
    Msi gtx 1080ti FE
    nice thanks for the info , always learning more things from you gurus

5. Simplex

Simplex Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Thanks for awesome work with this guide. I recently replayed Call of Duty 2 and noticed that the AA information in the spreadsheet did not work well for me - "0x00000000 (No custom flag needed)". Perhaps AA was enabled, but I could still see some aliasing even in 4K. So I tried 0x000010C1 and it seems to work better when using SGSSAA.
    This is the flag that works well in other Call of Duty games:
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=8517632&postcount=306

You can verify my findings and update the master list.

I also noticed that the bit for Call of Duty: World at War is "0x000012C1" - is this correct value?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I haven't played Call of Duty 2 for a very long time, and didn't actually test SGSSAA in this game myself.
    Removed that particular information from the spreadsheet for the time being.
    If you want to make a proper post with screenshot comparisons, I would be happy to include your SGSSAA flag though.

On a more general note, I added a couple more DX11 SLI profiles to the list as well as included many other improvements such as tweaks and descriptions.
    But that part of it is not something I really want to explain directly in the changelog, since it would become far too overwhelming then.
    At this point I consider the spreadsheet nearly completed, at least as far as the games I currently own and play are concerned.
    That of course doesn't mean there is no room for improvement, and all high quality contributions are always welcome :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Added several new SLI profiles and other useful general gaming information to the spreadsheet.
    Not everything has been included from the 3DCenter SLI thread though, since some of it is simply not up to snuff in my opinion.
    And again as I mentioned earlier, there are far too many "smaller" improvements to the spreadsheet than can be included directly in the changelog.

Hope you guys appreciate the result :)

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Hey GuruKnight, I just wanted to say this is very much appreciated -- this thread is one of the most important on the internet for getting the most out of SLI and AA. I check it whenever starting a new game :)

Just quickly -- perhaps something for yourself and the geniuses on 3DCenter: the two most recent Nvidia drivers (418.81 and current 418.91) list:

New Features
    > Implemented performance improvements on multiple titles, such as Witcher 3. when using G-SYNC and SLI on Pascal and Maxwell GPUs.

Now the question is... are these improvements hard-coded in the driver itself and static, or are they implemented through flags applied now applied to profiles (such as Witcher 3)? Because if it's the latter, then perhaps these same flags could be determined and have an impact on other games beyond those listed here in the release notes...

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    The master list spreadsheet should now again be fully updated with the highest quality contributions ;)
    Honestly I could put much more content in there if I wanted to, but really want to make sure everything is fully tested and without major downsides.

As far as G-Sync optimizations go, this is really something done internally in the driver by NVIDIA.
    Certainly there might be some special unknown SLI bits, which reduce bandwidth requirements in specific games and in turn reduce G-Sync related issues.
    And the exact effect of these might change based on driver optimization, if that makes any sense?

10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    SLI information for The Guest

I did some SLI testing in the DX9 Unity engine title The Guest using the 419.67 WHQL driver.
    Here 0x42400005 is enough for nice scaling without any slowdowns.
    Testing was done using maximum settings at 5120x2880 resolution (3840x2160 combined with 1.78xDSR and 22% smoothness).

Options -> Graphic Settings

Quality: ULTRA
    Resolution: 5120x2880
    Windowed: Disabled
    Bloom: Enabled
    Lens Flares: Enabled
    Light Shafts: Enabled
    Motion Blur: Enabled
    Antialiasing: Enabled
    Vsync: Disabled
    Anisotropic: Enabled
    Shadows: Enabled
    SSAO: Enabled

[​IMG]

Single GPU ~ 45 FPS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2-way SLI ~ 85 FPS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dagda likes this.

11. gaintbeam

gaintbeam Active Member

Sorry for the old response. But is there a “super sample” AA mode these days that would work with Riddick + SSAO? Or maybe combine MSAA + TrSSAA as per your instructions and use ENB? or Reshade to add some SAAO?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  12. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's possible to use both MSAA and SSAO if you enable SSAO through the console.
    (ctrl + alt + ~) and then type xr_ssao 1

To make supersampling work you have to change this value here to 0x00000000. Then force supersampling as usual, (ingame MSAA also has to be on)
    This however will make the SSAO look all messed up, so you can't use supersampling with SSAO unfortunately.

Cave Waverider likes this.