NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It's all what driver can do to force AA on DX10+
    [​IMG]

2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Here is some SLI information for a couple more UE4 games, I recently tested:

Unreal Tournament (2018):
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11583129&postcount=2723
    Obduction:
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11586697&postcount=2724

To me that proves the validity of at least 2-way SLI with a modern PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 system, and its potential to remain with us for a long time to come.
    But honestly the fact that most of the more reputable GPU reviewers and miscellaneous tech sites don't even bother to test with more than PCIe 3.0 x8/x8 and then call it quits is just ridiculous.
    The amount of misinformation and pure BS on some sites and forums about SLI is getting completely out of hand.

I personally still have hope for improved SLI support in 2018, but it all hinges on better corporation between NVIDIA and game developers, combined with more competent and honest information to the "general public" from GPU reviewers and similar.
    Shifting responsibility and playing the blame game won't help anyone.

Anyway with that in mind, I wish all of you guys on the Guru3D forums a happy and fruitful New Year :)

Dragam1337 and The1 like this.
  3. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    ^^ This :)

It is a bit strange that reaction to SLI recently. Inspector is easy, 90% of games work fine, and good luck running 4K anything or using VR with any level of details without it. That the response is often 'just buy a single card and tone down the details' is the absolute antithesis of a) striving for the best gaming experience for your enjoyment and b) PC gaming full stop. PCMR people. Why bother playing a game half-assed? Go all in - max res, max details, max fps. SLI lets you do that. Anything less is a waste of time.

Also thanks for all your work here and on 3d-center (I browse that thread sometimes with Google translate!).

Dragam1337 and The1 like this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Active Member

GPU:
    2 msi 1080 gaming x
    GuruKnight i can see from the 3dcenter masterthread, that people are aware of the issue with sli + g-sync in star wars battlefront 2... but as it is using the same engine build as battlefield 1, do you know of any "unknowns" that could possibly fix the issue?

5. Blaire

Blaire Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    There is nothing possible, but you can improve overall performance in SLI mode by disabling Temporal AA (change GstRender.AntiAliasingPost "1" to "0" in Profile-options)
    However the performance-costs with SLI + GSync still remains and can not be bypassed.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
    Yeah and unfortunately you can't really accomplish anything useful with them either. Only a small handful of games work with it. I wonder if it just had a few extra functions added to bring it on par with DX9 if it would work.