NVIDIA CES Special GeForce RTX Event on 12th of January 2021

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 16, 2020.

1. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I have noticed this on some UK sites too - the "bundle deals" are in stock but the GPU/CPU (30x0 or Ryzen) included in bundle is out of stock on its own on site. Sleazy tactic of - hey if you want this CPU/GPU you're going to have to also buy this motherboard/RAM combo we are trying to get rid of that nobody wants...

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah same here. I mean I'm still in the market for a RTX 3000 card, but my hype bubble burst a long time ago. It will likely be the most meh purchase ever (excitement wise) when I finally get one...

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That would be awesome. I've heard a lot of rumors of a cut down cuda core 3060 Ti with 12gb of Vram. That I am very interested in.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Look everybody, more cards that you can´t buy!!! Amazing Stuff!!!

Maddness and Solfaur like this.
  6. Heffro

Heffro Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    How about fixing it to where people can actually buy your cards? That'd be really nifty.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Honestly that's like saying it's annoying that you have to buy a pre-built PC with a 3080 to get one.

Those "combos" are SKUs they put together in their inventory, if they didn't set them aside, people would buy the individual ones, and someone would buy the bundle, and poof, suddenly, the person who bought the combo would get an e-mail stating "oh sorry we don't have that graphics card"

It is completely normal to have combined products for sales in their own listing outside of the singles. This happens everywhere, not just newegg, and not with just electronics.

https://www.amazon.com/Kala-Soprano-Ukulele-Instructional-Polishing/dp/B005ETZEJO/ref=sr_1_60_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=bundle&qid=1608258496&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-60-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTFFVVjRSSDBKNlA2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTE4MTIxMlNUM0hXMFo1WkM0VyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDA0MjgzMkZWT0ZaR0pLT05MMiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Voila, something that isn't technology, isn't newegg and is a bundle. Guarantee you if any of the individual products listed in that listing went out of stock, they wouldn't just suddenly remove the bundle, unless the bundle as well was out of stock.

As to newegg not being what it use to be in the early 2000s, you're correct: They use to have far more bundles and was the bundle machine, now if anything that's frys electronics kingdom i'd guess.

I swear, retail 101 needs to be taught and worked in school cause it's like so many of you just have no idea how retail works, or are literally the Karens who go into a store looking for a single fork to buy only to find the store only sells packs for 25 or more plastic forks and demands the store opens up the package and sell them that 1 fork. (Yes, this happens)

8. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Lisa Su has the CES keynote on the same day. I think its more about trying to drive more interest towards Nvidia rather than let Lisa take all the glory.