NVIDIA Bundles Watch_Dogs with GeForce GTX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Starting today, gamers who purchase select NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN, 780 Ti, 780, 770, 760, 690, 680, 670, 660 Ti and 660 desktop GPUs can get their chance to play Watch_Dogs, the new PC game takin...

NVIDIA Bundles Watch_Dogs with GeForce GTX

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Nice i'll get this with my 2nd 760 then, not really wanting to fork out money for it anyways.

3. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Let's not jump to conclusions here...

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Nice 1 nvidia

5. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    lol yeah it doesn't look all that great to me. Hopefully it'll at least be interesting to wander around the open world and mess about with stuff.

6. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX2070 Black
    Figures I just got my 770 about a week or so ago. They gave me a Batman code that was expired. Should have waited... :( nice one tho nvidia...

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I was following this game till they showed how everyone will play on open multiplayer world same character and see others as some random guys.

Logic says if you want to play as Matrix dressed guy, you may, but you have to live with consequences of standing out too much.

Or if you decide to be subtle, you should have this option and you should see your character way you designed it.

This one main hero mega cloning is just worst idea ever for MMO game.

Edit: Just to note For now my next MMO is Division.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  9. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780GHZ Editio
    I am with yer there, should read latest buggy & poorly optimized mess like with AC4 (V-Sync is still not fixed & wont be either now)

And these so called bundles are a joke, when i bought my GTX780 last year i expected as advertised all over the net by Nvidia for the free AC4 plus 2 other games bundle etc. When i received my card there were no games with it so i checked the Nvidia site & low & behold small print, card must be bought at certain retailers. Only 1 retailer in Holland was a participating retailer but they were selling that card for 70 euros more than i paid for it.

Nvidia give you free stuff only if you pay extra for it :3eyes:

Edit: Just thought i would edit this as i have since checked on this new deal & you can take advantage of this offer & buy the card at a cheap price.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And they don't "support" my region at all. Bleh. Anyways, I got some of the games from kind people so it's ok. I wish Nv wasn't as stingy ... AMD is better with their rewards program.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Bought my 780 for $35 less than MSRP with free shipping and got the 3 game bundle. Just because you have a bad experience does not mean all people will have the same.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Maybe you should read the fine print before purchasing?

13. squarestar

squarestar New Member

GPU:
    8GB
    oh, nice.. hope ubisoft is not going to delay that again.

14. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    I didnt say everyone would have bad experience but seeing as your from the USA you had more options. There are other countries in this world besides America.

& i suppose you read all the fine print on everything you buy. If i did that then it would take me 6 hours do to the shopping.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And here I though only Americans had that sense of entitlement. Where they don't feel as though they should actually have to do anything themselves.

16. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    Well it not about entitlement its about choice. The list of participating shops in the USA was about 10 & here in the Netherlands it was 1 so there is no way to price compare & choose the cheapest for me. There is no deal !! paying 70 euro`s more to get a 50 euro game.

Edit: Seeing as all info is now available on participating retailers, i had a good look & it seems things are good this time. 9 retailers in Netherlands inc the retailer who is selling the 780GTX the cheapest :) 60 euro price difference between cheapest & dearest on the retailer list. Make sure you always price compare peeps it really saves you some cash :nerd:

17. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    If it's a big purchase like a GPU and if you're expecting something to be bundled with it you better damn well read the fine print.

At least you got a life lesson out of it. We all learn from our mistakes, and I'm sure you'll be more careful in the future now that you know what happens if you don't pay attention to what you're buying.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yeah when I am making a major purchase like 780ti sli I do all my research before hand and make damn sure I will get the free games and stuff before hitting the submit button. If you dont read the fine print dont blame your vendor or nvidia. if your entitled to what you get and dont get it then the blame isnt soley on you.

19. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It is unrealistic to expect this promotion from non-participating retailers. Blame your vendor for overcharging.

AMD has the same condition in place for obvious reasons.

20. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:

I didn't make a mistake, its not like i bought the card especially to get the games, i had seen the ad briefly during the time i was going to get a new card, i would have bought the card either way but the point is even if had read the small print i still would have had to pay 70 euros more to get the free games so i would not have bought the card at that particular retailer. It was a total no go.