NVIDIA Broadcast on Non-RTX Card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Martin2603PL, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    So Nvidia just released that app, NVIDIA Broadcast which is replacing RTX Voice and has more features:

- Noise Removal
    - Virtual Background
    - Auto Frame

Someone manage to run this on Non-RTX card?

Unpacked installer, someone can dig into files:
    https://www111.zippyshare.com/v/HrXyb4RX/file.html

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    fluidz likes this.
  2. Hunted

Hunted Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080
    Hi.

I was wondering the same So I started to dig around.

I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure if my info will be useful or not.

I tried the install method till I got the error.

I then went to my User folder and appdata/local/temp and found a log and saw the below debug messages

2.236 | DEBUG: [NVI2UI.ConstraintListCtrlClass] 128@CConstraintListCtrlClass::BuildConstraintText : Found 1 constraints to display.
    2.236 | DEBUG: [NVI2UI.ConstraintListCtrlClass] 224@CConstraintListCtrlClass::BuildConstraintText : Full constraint text is "NVIDIA Broadcast does not support your current GPU. An NVIDIA RTX-enabled GPU is required.".

Then I used a search function in Free Commander to look for text containing "ConstraintListCtrlClass" and the only place that it found it was inside a file called NVI2UI.dll. (located in ..\NVIDIA_Broadcast_v1.0.0.25\NVI2\)

Like I said I'm not a programmer, so I'm not sure if the above would help someone, but in my n00b eyes it seems like Nvdia uses the dll file to check against a list of devices , which might be listed in that dll file.

However I will scratch some more, since I might be talking through my ass at this stage and not even know it lol...

3. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i managed to bypass the gpu check but the install always end failing.

[​IMG]

4. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    I heard you could use the voice noise suppression on non-RTX card?! Can imagine by disappointment when it wouldn't install ;[

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    IT IS RTX ONLY.

6. SpookySkeleton

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    If you want voice only, You can use the standart RTX voice package, just download it here https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx/broadcast_engine/secure/NVIDIA_RTX_Voice.exe

No need to modify anything, it was patched from nvidia themselves to work on non rtx cards too since it's only for voice noise supression.

[​IMG]

Nvidia RTX broadcast on the other hand, does a lot more stuff, that's why i assume it's only RTX and no more.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA

Ah I see, thanks for that. Testing it out.

8. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
  9. izaiassb

izaiassb Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So as I understand it we just have to find a way to edit this dll file and include a non-RTX GPU in the list, is that it?

10. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    You can but AFAIK it uses a fair amount of your GPU performance then.

11. SpookySkeleton

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i guess there is just more than doing that because i already did something similar and the installation end up failing. Check previous post

I've stopped checking another ways because Im close to buy a 3090 and replacing my 1080 so if you really want this you should get a new gpu.

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    3090 is a waste of money for gaming needs. Get yourself a 3080, or wait for 3080Ti, either of those should be a much better bang for the buck, instead of purchasing overprices GPU tailed for different needs.

13. SpookySkeleton

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm in the "different needs" category ;) I do more than gaming and i can't afford a quadro or a titan RTX yet, and for now the rtx 3090 is really much closer to my wallet and has some features that i can actually use.

I've had this gtx 1080 for 4 years already and i'm running out of vram for 3d modeling (vram is actually more important in complex 3d modeling than games), and I'm in urge to develop complex models which require more vram, 10GB or 12GB is still not enough but 24 is my goal.

I was planing to buy a quadro rtx 6000 or a titan RTX since I'm need of the optix denoiser only available in rtx cards, thankfully the 3090 came out and is actually cheaper than those other two and by buying the 3090 instead of the rtx 6000 i can afford to upgrade my 1920x1200 monitor to a 5120 x 1440 32:9 monitor for better view of my workflow (probably the LG49WL95C).

And i also want to contribute in Optix development and research so it has to be a nvidia card sorry.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @SpookySkeleton
    Sure, for work that's a great GPU.
    Sorry for what?

15. Ahmet

Ahmet Guest

GPU:
    GT 1030
    I have been following the subject for a long time, is there any improvement?

16. Dustin_Cookie

Dustin_Cookie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    Hey I have installed it on an GTX 1650. Bought an Headset (HS65) from Corsair and in the ICUE App for my Headset their you can install NVIDIA BROADCAST.

It is not longer working and I dont really know why it worked. Just clicked on install after it asked me xD

Dont know if this is the complete Broadcast version xD

upload_2022-11-1_18-29-11.png