NVIDIA #BeForTheGame - Watch the Gamescom 2018 Livestream

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 20, 2018.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    But those games fall into 2 categories, real time RT and games that "support Deep Learning Super-Sampling (DLSS), a technology that applies deep learning and AI to rendering techniques, resulting in crisp, smooth edges on rendered objects in games" which I believe is not the full RT experience or performance advantage. Hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/...racing-and-ai-to-barrage-of-blockbuster-games

Stormyandcold likes this.
  2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I see strawman argument literally sprayed all over your forehead.

The woman said nothing of the sort that would provide any fuel to the conclusions you draw. She clearly said she was bad at Fortnite. She is unfamiliar with the Battle Royale genre. It's fine not to be.

The way you pander around aimlessly with your senseless tirade indicates no more and no less than that you are a misogynist, and that you probably treat female gamers around you like absolute crap.

All I can say is, at least she speaks English better than you ever can.

alanm, Denial and ivan like this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Battlefield V with real time RT. Great. Can admire beautiful environments and light photons bouncing off objects as I'm getting my ass shot off.

Loophole35, ViperXtreme, ivan and 2 others like this.
  4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    No its still works like SLI. It's just NVLink beefs up the intelink bandwidth a ton so it's no longer a possible bottleneck. The SLI link started to become a slight bottleneck once you paired 2x 1080 Ti level cards.

5. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    As many mentioned before - pricing isn't very friendly but technology is very interesting. We are finally seeing the Holy Grail of computer graphics - ray tracing in realtime. And yes even if in some titles it's only implemented for shadows, reflections/refractions or global illumination etc, we're getting there very quickly.
    It is already build into UE4 and Frostbite so it's only the matter of time when other games and engines would start using this technology (or something similar)
    Plus if I understood correctly it is really easy to just "turn it ON" if models and materials in your game already have "complex" technologies. All it takes is to shoot a bunch of rays into that scene for it to render with ray tracing (simply speaking if you have a brick wall with some sort of shader (like parralax) not just flat texture, you're good to go)
    Whether you like it or not, it's not going anywhere: nVidia just spent billions on R&D, renamed the most successful GPU brand in the world and dedicated a huge part of the chip to ray tracing. RTX is here to stay.
    [​IMG]

6. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090FE
    Sadly yeah....lack of competition and they can do whatever they want... mind you intel might come into the market and do something...but got my doubts on that too

7. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Isn't 7nm Vega refresh coming out in Q4? I mean potentiality it should be competitive at least in the mid-range segment of market.

8. ivan

ivan Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti

I dont think many are saying that that Ray Tracing or RTX inst here to stay, and yes its pretty cool tech. NVIDIA is just blowing a whole bunch of overpriced Ray Tracing smoke up everyone's ass, and thats totally not kosher man...

after reading the half the quoted messege i was like WTF but then i scrolled to the end and saw your quote...... LMAO Bahahaha Im dead

yasamoka likes this.
  9. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Member Guru

GPU:
    amd
    No one notice as they make the comparison between on and off they didnt use alternative methods for lighting and screen space reflections.
    Dont be pulled in to the hype it will burn you.

10. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Benchmark vs Pascal cards will show what RTX is truly capable of. I hope it's on the level, otherwise it will be too expensive to justify upgrade for that RT ON setting in a few games.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    As @Vidik said there is no going back.
    Physically accurate shadows and lightning is finally here, and it's easier to implement than the old way of faking the ambient light and guessing the shadows/occlusion, while avoiding all kinds of pitfalls.

If I was AMD/Intel I'd be liek: HUH...WHAT NOW

Both AMD and NV should have a 7nm pro card released by the end of the year. If I remember correctly.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  12. darkvader75

darkvader75 Member

GPU:
    2X AMD Vega 64-LE
    I am not seeing any real performance information. Just a lot of BS about the Ray Tracing features that look to be implemented poorly in the demos. The lack of hard numbers on actual performance vs the 1080TI makes me wonder just how much faster this will be? Is this a bait and switch to get you to preorder before you realize isn't not nearly as good as you thought?

Evildead666 and Pimpiklem like this.
  13. Tsiatho

Tsiatho New Member

GPU:
    GF GTX 1070 8GB
    All nVidia is bragging about id the Raytracing stuff? Not showing any game performance improvements over last gen parts? Call me skeptical but until I see benchmarks that show this won't be GF FX 2.0 just keep my 1070. :cool:

Pimpiklem likes this.
  14. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
    This probably will be a short live card, made to be replaced in 14 months with the 3000.

15. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    This is a ploy to sell all the 1000's series cards. As soon as they are sold, they will adjust the prices a $100 or so.
    Also grab all the the extra dough from the got to be first to own bunch.

Still amazed how much they priced the 2070.

alanm likes this.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Have
    I doubt it, would be great if it does. Would like to see a repeat of what AMD did to Nvidia back in 2008. Nvidia had just released gtx 280 and 260 for $650 and $450. 3 weeks later, AMD comes out with the HD4870 and 4850 @ $299 and $199. Nvidia had to eat crow as they then reduced their prices to $450 and $299. In 3 weeks that price adjustment was made.

Have a feeling JHH does not have a good sense of the PC gaming market. He's a detached billionaire making all the decisions, some of which can go spectacularly wrong..

Embra likes this.
  17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Yep, this will clear out the remaining Pascal stocks pretty quick, esp the 1080ti.

18. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    They won't adjust the prices until inevitable 7nm refresh - DRAM is still 2x its "normal" price and a year ago we had reports stating that VRAM will get more expensive too. Mining craze didn't help either and basically showed that desperate people would buy GPUs at double the intended price. Plus every subsequent nvidia GPU was more expensive than a previous one. GTX970 MSRP was $329, $379 for GTX1070 and now $499 for RTX2070. or $50 vs $120 extra. Disappointing but hardly surprising.

@alanm I think nVidia knows exactly what they are doing, whether they are selling pascal leftovers or battling supply/demand with such high prices (yeah right:rolleyes:) but I'm 100% sure that every single Turing GPU will sell like hot cakes.
    Competition from AMD would be most welcome though.

19. ivan

ivan Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti
    The real question is....... CAN IT RUN CRYSIS with Ray Tracing Shadows ???

[​IMG]

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Re-mastered with proper multicore support and upgraded api, then, yeah.