1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
    0x000012C1 works, thanks! Full SGSSAA. You get some flickering polygon edges, such as on Torqu's sholders, but the TF2 AA fix resolves this issue. Also Reshade works with number 4 added to the 3rd spot as suggested by the guides, without it not only does it break AA but also cause a strange flickering I've not seen before with any other game. I also found an HBAO flag, but I'll save that for the HBAO thread.

No AA (default):
    [​IMG]

SGSSAA:
    [​IMG]

Setting panel:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    The flags thing was directed to the other guy. But I did have this same issue with Inspector settings not applying.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...duction-and-guide.403676/page-24#post-5685874

As for the full screen thing. It's possible, W10 has this stupid asinine "Full Screen Optimization" mode that is a pseudeo borderless window. It used to have a global toggle, but not any more and then disabling it per .exe STILL doesn't always work. I've encountered more than a few games where FSO is stuck on no matter what. (Left Alive, FFXIV:ARR come to mind off the top of my head).
    I

But to verify let's try a simple test.
    Download the RE6 benchmark and set up Inspector like this
    [​IMG]

And then run the benchmark and look at the performance in 1080p windowed mode (Forcing AA should work fine)
    In this scene. Look at my performance with a 2080. A lesser GPU should be tanking in the same area. (The benchmark performance is a lot heavier than the actual game though)
    [​IMG]

Screenshots on/off would help to verify.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
    I remember the last time I tried to link an image in my post google drive broke 'em. Suggestions for a image site?
    EDIT: gonna see if google photos will work.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  4. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Your hotlinks aren't working. Try Cubeupload.com or Abload.de
    They don't compress images either.

5. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
    Fixed, thanks. I hate google's photo services, it ALWAYS breaks them.

6. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    0x000010C5 blit in Ghostbusters The Videogame causes UI flicker (slight, but apparent), it also affect Steam ui for some reason..

7. Tizoc789

Tizoc789 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970M
    Sorry for the late reply, I'd beaten the former game and moved onto something else, but I tried that flag for Mercenaries 2 and it didn't do anything I am afraid :X

Mini Ninjas seems to only have an AO flag from what I've read on here, but any chance someone has AA bits for it please?

KainXVIII likes this.
  8. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Just try random flags listed in the spreadsheet. Your best bet at trial and error without knowing what does what.

KainXVIII likes this.
  9. ancalimon

ancalimon New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX1070
    Psychonauts?

10. Exaercase

Exaercase New Member

GPU:
    GT 740 - 2048
    Hello,

Thx for your answer :)

Sorry but why a Dx11 will no have AA flag (AC Rogue in this case) many of Dx11 game in your excel Documment work i put the walue in Dx9 and Dx11 combo box and that work.

And what is SOL ? i'm french so i don't understand :)

Thx by advance
    Best regards, ExA

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    There are some DX11 games listed because in those games there are sometimes other solutions or you can "Enhance" the game with better AA if it has MSAA built in the game itself.

The vast majority of DX10 and DX11/12 games you cannot force AA in. The support doesn't exist in the drivers.

12. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    About Bully: Scholarship Edition 0x000010C1 code - indoors game really looks good, but once stepping outside IQ is blurry mess (because of DOF effect or bloom?). Any way to fix it?

Indoor
    [​IMG]

Outdoor
    [​IMG]

13. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Does anyone have compatibility bit for Black Mesa? The one for Source engine games isn't working properly.

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Have you tried enhancing the in game MSAA at all?

You could try 0x084012C1 (This is sort of a catch all )

For Bully, you may have to try disabling a certain effect in the options or if there is just a generic post processing setting turn it down or off.

KainXVIII likes this.
  15. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Game no longer has MSAA, as it is using semi-deferred rendering. I would happily use SSAA, but it breaks lighting.

I'm gonna try this bit.