NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Tizoc789

Tizoc789 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970M
    One more thing; I am not sure if I can update the sheet in the first post, but Ninja Blade should be updated;
    1- Setting the ingame AA value to 4, 8 or 16 respectively, will allow using SSGSS AA at x4, x8 or x16 as per the player's initial AA setting.
    2- Enhance option must be used

I don't recall needing any specific flags but the game looks much nicer this way, and I've got the Steam screenshots to prove it :V
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....627/D2BA6EA820CDC74B3D6E86F7D9EA4067CF2C5B36/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....199/E4793F3A4EB13730BF63774B3B9562FEE52ECCE7/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....422/D868D11D5EE68E3F1452A61EFFF8FA25B2B52CB2/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....567/42D747F1DB430E4C3AEEAB2F8D0560B91A500CD6/

all in all it is not impossible to at least utilize Nvidia inspector with the game.

2. SirYodaJedi

SirYodaJedi New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4 GB
    That would make sense, since it's an Unreal Engine 2 title. I wonder if it would still affect it similarly when using d3d8to9.

Doom 64 EX
    Ion Fury

I can also take screenshots of the Lego OGSSAA shadow bugs/AA Fix requirement; HSAA vs TrSGSSAA in Sven Co-op; and SGSSAA in Forsaken Remaster Direct X 11 mode, if you'd like.

3. Tizoc789

Tizoc789 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970M
    Hah thanks for the flag, as I've been looking for an AO flag to use for this game.

4. Tizoc789

Tizoc789 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970M
    I think Dark Void could have the this HBAO+ flag working with it. I'll test to see if it does anything
    0x00000030

Dark Void's config file (in documents) has similar options to Enslaved which is what got me to testing it.

EDIT: Aight, here are the screens

[​IMG]
    ^Without AO, but with SSGSS x4 AA

[​IMG]
    ^With the AO flag

....I'm not noticing any change :p I guess that's not the flag for it.

Bonus pic just because I don't do many 'while moving' screenshots :V
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019

5. IForgotMyLoginInfo

IForgotMyLoginInfo New Member

GPU:
    Vengeance LPX 32GB
    Does anyone know a code for SGSSAA, HSAA, or OGSSAA for LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Ultimate Spiderman? I tried using the code 0x004010C1 for the Complete Saga with and without the AA fix, but OGSSAA and SGSSAA don't work at all when the enhanced graphics option is enabled. SGSSAA makes the screen black after loading a save and OGSSAA messes up the models.

SirYodaJedi likes this.
  6. Tizoc789

Tizoc789 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970M
    Anyone got any AA bits for Mercenaries 2?

EDIT: I can say with some confidence that the AA bits for Saboteur won't work
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  7. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Any bits for Mothergunship, I think it uses Unreal engine 4

8. SirYodaJedi

SirYodaJedi New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4 GB
    Not possible; UE4 uses DirectX 10+, which means AA can't be forced (also, it uses deferred rendering, so this kind of AA wouldn't work well, anyway). However, you can try forcing downscaling by modifying certain values in the configuration files, which should be much sharper than DSR or the built-in TAA/FXAA (and works if you can't enable DSR due to having a laptop with Optimus). A screen percentage of 200 is equivalent to 4x FSAA (2x2 OGSSAA, if you like mouthfuls).

9. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Thanks

10. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
    Anyone have any idea how to get aa working in Amnesia: The Dark Descent? I tried the old OGL 0x0000F0C1 bit to no avail, then found this. Apparently the game uses a draw to texture render mode, which doesn't normally support AA, but then adds some card have a setting. Is there a special character I can add to a flag, or some other setting within the mass of settings in the inspector, than can enable aa with the render mode?

11. Tizoc789

Tizoc789 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970M
    Perchance, anyone happens to know of any AA bits to use with Disney's Brave?
    I've tried using dgvoodoo on it for the time being but I'm not noticing any change :p

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    If AA doesn't work without a flag for Amnesia and it runs on OGL. You are SOL.

Disney's Brave? What API?
    For The Mercs you might just try 0x00000041 for MSAA/SGSSAA

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  13. Zaxxon3D

Zaxxon3D New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 980 Ti
    Reviving this old post because I found a way to use DSR in nullDC. Even though emusa found a solution using those old multi-letter AA methods (eg sgssaa), I believe that DSR is even better.

First thing to do is enable DSR resolutions in the NVIDIA control panel. Then set the desktop resolution to the DSR resolution. In my case, I have a 1080p TV, so I set the desktop to 4k. Also, it's normal for the UI to look a little blurry at this point.

The next part is crucial: Go into the display properties and look for the slider "Change the size of text, apps..." For me, it shot up to 225% after I set the desktop to the DSR resolution. You need to make sure this is 100%. There is no full-screen resolution setting in nullDC. I suspect it grabs the current resolution from WinAPI. But because of the resolution scaling, that's going to be reported as 1080p even though the desktop resolution is 4k .

The results are totally worth it. It works especially well on games that lack MIP mapping like Metropolis Street Racer. That was a really good game, but the texture crawling in particular was a major annoyance. Running a 4k DSR resolution downsampled to 1080p completely fixes it. :D

emusa likes this.
  14. arcturian

arcturian New Member

GPU:
    Borderlands 3 flag anyone?

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-anti-aliasing-guide-updated.357956/page-158#post-5156694

You can force SGSSAA and fix texture aliasing from lack of mipmaps. Don't know if you looked at the spreadsheet or not.
    DX11 sorry.

You are stuck with whatever they give you. Awful UE4 TAA or FXAA.
    You can make the TAA look less awful with downsampling. But i'm sure performance suffers greatly.

emusa likes this.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    For Borderlands 3 I'm using the in-game TAA + ReShade. With ReShade I'm just using FXAA, it helps a bit. I tried SMAA but it caused too much shimmering (especially on flat surfaces like the ground and walls). I'm using a setting of 0.300 for Subpix, 1.0 for Edge Detection Threshold and 0.0 / Disabled for Darkness Threshold. The result ain't bad at all.

17. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB
    Unfortunate. It used OGL 2.1 so I was hoping flags would effect it.
    I'm kind of in the mood for horror games ATM, got the flag from The Suffering: Ties That Bind (0x00000045) to work on the first game, Prison is hell. However HUD elements and settings sliders (gamma, volume, ect.) are invisible with this flag. Suggestions?

18. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Does Nvidia inspector still work for anyone else using Windows 10 build 1709 with the latest Nvidia drivers 436.30. I can no longer get AA to work in any games using Nvidia inpsector? The Nvidia cotrol panel AA still works. Bizarrely Nvidia Inspector still works under Windows 7 with the same Nvidia driver version 436.30. So I don't know why it's no longer working in Windows 10.

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I've had this happen before, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I think it might have been a permission/owner issue.
    What happens when you don't use any flag?

If the flag is actually doing something I wasn't aware of any actual examples where it did do anything. They may not correspond to the same functions.

Try 0x000012C1

20. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Hello, I've tried using no flags, as well as other flags and it still doesn't work, AA just won't work at all when using Windows 10. I don't know why. It used to work OK with earlier Windows 10 builds, so I don't know what's changed. Someone on another forum said that the latest versions of Windows 10 no longer uses a proper fullscreen mode in games and that's probably why forcing AA no longer works. I don't know whether that's true or not. Anyway, at least AA still works when using Windows 7 which I still use as my main OS. There's too many problems with Windows 10 and I get sick of upgrading every time a new build comes out. It's a pain to keep having to reinstall all my software and games.

Thanks!