NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    any setting for sonic mania

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I doubt it would be much point. The game is intended to look low res and pixellated.

3. Maarcis12

Maarcis12 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 950 2 GB
    is there any way to enable aa in MotoGP 07 which is DX9 game? one problem is i tried enable Oblivion AA flag, but to no avail.

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    If it's actually running DX9.

Try 0x000020C1 for MSAA (Or 0x00000041)
    Or 0x000000C1 for SGSSAA or 0x000002C1 0x000010C1, 0x000012C1

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    The flag for Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn doesn't seem to work. (0x004012C5)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  6. Maarcis12

Maarcis12 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 950 2 GB
    Thank you very much, the MSAA (0x000020C1) flag actually worked with MotoGP 07.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Last I played the game it worked. And it still works in the heavensward benchmark.

Have to use DX9 and have to use 4xSGSSAA. Unless they broke something in the renderer in an update.
    Which would suck, because there is an insane amount of aliasing in FFXIV. And they can't be bothered to actually care when they could easily update it.
    Though, I would rather they didn't if they went for a horrible TAA process like what was used in FFXV which was garbage.

I would check and make sure it's not using too much GPU. 20C1 is sort of a last resort for MSAA.

8. Maarcis12

Maarcis12 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 950 2 GB
    Well, it didn't affect the perfomance if anything as i use 8xQ and 8 times Sparse grid supersampling and it didn't affect the perfomance of my game, it also worked for MotoGP, MotoGP2, MotoGP 3: URT and Juiced, so this flag actually works for THQ racing games which uses DX9 except Juiced 2:HIN which works with the AA flag provided in this forum.

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Apparently you can force AA in Ys Seven using Special K it seems. I need to check this out, thank lawd for this guy forcing higher precision rendering.
    Alas, I have Windows 7 and Special K doesn't work for me

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  10. Mr.Bean

Mr.Bean New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX560 1GB
    Hi

W7 x64, 980Ti, 384.94, Call of Duty 1 and the expansion United Offensive, Quake III engine OpenGL, with N.Inspector override 4xMS + 4xTrSS = very defocused textures, very excessive. LOD Bias -1 not fix the problem, is not the tipical SGSS blur, is another texture issue, extremely defocused.

With 368.81 drivers work fine. But with 384.94 and the new policy (TrSS = SGSS in OpenGL) old OpenGL games are broken if select TrSS. Also affects Hibrid modes, 8xSQ + 2xTrSS show the same issue.

Only MS or Hibrid no problem.

New games need new drivers, i dont want return to 368.81, there are any bit code for fix Quake III engine games with TrSS ?

Thanks.

11. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...375-70-and-forcing-ssaa-in-minecraft/#5202373
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-anti-aliasing-guide-updated.357956/page-202#post-5462512

12. Mr.Bean

Mr.Bean New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX560 1GB
    Thx :D

With this fix, OpenGL 4xMS + 4xTrSS apply SGSS only to transparent textures or all textures ?

I say it because if there is no shimmering, it is not necessary to use SS to full screen, reducing performance and altering normal textures sharpeness.

Current drivers do not compensate yet auto the negative LOD bias when SGSS is active ?

Very nice thread guys, regards from Spain.

13. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    SGSSAA apply to all textures. There is no TrSSAA mode for OpenGL.

When you uses SGSSAA, driver automatically apply negative LOD for textures, but only for DirectX applications.
    For OpenGL you should do this manually.

14. borktorias

borktorias Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Does Quincunx Anti Aliasing work at all through NVI? I was curious whether this could be taken advantage of in RPCS3.

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I haven't seen it work in a long time. Maybe doesn't work on newer hardware?

16. borktorias

borktorias Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Why are the QAA driver bits still there when the hardware it was derived for has been put on legacy many years ago?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    For the old games which has QAA option in them to work, even if just with MSAA 2x.

18. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    Every time I force Nvidia AA in games that don't have native AA support I get awful vertical and horizontal white lines at the left and top of the screen. They get more pronounced as I progress through the game and are really annoying. Does anyone know of a fix?

Example AVP2 Primal Hunt
    https://www.4shared.com/photo/7mGmBmBUei/AVP2_AA_glitch.html

[​IMG]

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    That's pretty normal with forcing AA. (Even MSAA in some games.)
    You either ignore it, or your use Reshade(Using an old version. The 2.x releases I think? Newer ReShade tends to conflict with forcing AA, causing performance drops or it affects the image)/SweetFX with a border shader to hide it. (GeDoSaTo works too, but you have to do more to make it work right).

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    A Hat in Time
    0x080000C1 SGSSAA

http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/HatinTimeGame2017100.png
    http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/dc5HatinTimeGame2017100.png

Finally,
    a modern UE3 game where changing the settings ACTUALLY work! (And you don't have to disable all PP to disable FXAA).
    On top of that, FXAA on top of SGSSAA here actually can help out with rough edges.(As the quality here is clearly limited by the box resolve. So edge quality could be better)

Only issue is performance, with 8xSGSSAA at 1600x900. It's impossible to get a constant 60FPS for me.
    There is a non switchable blur effect that appears when accessing the hat wheel or hitting shift to see your hint on where to go.
    This blur effect brings performance crashing down to 20-30FPS just in the starting area. Where performance is way better than in the actual levels.

And in general turning the settings down doesn't help performance here with SGSSAA on. (Vignette however does cost a noticeable few frames compared to others). Shadows help and the lighting complexity does as well. But that's about it and performance doesnt' jump very significantly.

I run into the same issues running the game at 3200x1800 without any AA forced. The blur effect mentioned above brings performance crashing down.

I've noticed my 980 seems to have trouble with a lot of UE3 games at high resolutions or when forcing AA (Especially with shadows) the last few years. I wonder why that is? (256-bit bus width too narrow maybe?)