NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    That makes sense. Was not aware you were playing at such a high framerate. Sorry.

2. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    No worries. I like nice visuals too (maybe not as much of IQ whore as you though LOL) but not at the expense of performance. Which is why MD's unoptimization annoys me when I examine the on-screen output, compared to say Doom 2016.

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Hopefully that will improve. But then there's Hitman and from what I hear that hasn't improved much either. Disappointing looking visuals for the performance.

4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Perhaps not, but "0x00000045" worked very nicely for DX9 MSAA from the BioShock launch back in 2007.
    I remember using this on my GTX 8800 SLI setup back in the day.
    Good times :)

The original BioShock did support a type of post AA which can be enabled or disabled using "UseSoftwareAntiAliasing=True/False" in Bioshock.ini, however I never believe this was actually functional.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_5.html
    http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_8.html

Agreed, Square Enix and Nixxes have really dropped the ball lately with their Hitman and Deus Ex ports.
    Not to mention, that Hitman is still not a "complete" game yet with these ridiculous episodic content releases and ongoing optimization and bug fixing.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

5. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hitman PC port was done by IO themselves this time, not outsourced to Nixxes. Maybe you're thinking of Hitman: Absolution?

Before DX:MD, Nixxes did ROTTR, which wasn't exactly a great PC version either.

6. arcturian

arcturian Guest

GPU:
    Bioshock remaster.

Anyone get AA working in the Bioshock Remaster? Worked in the old one with -dx9 flag...

7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    My bad about Hitman then, I was actually referring to the new game.
    Hitman: Absolution was a nice PC port IMO.

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Nixxes seems very hit and miss the last few years.
    Impossible. DX11 only. Use in game AA+ DSR and it works just fine TBH. The specular aliasing is not nearly as big of an issue this time.

9. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Tends to happen when specular highlights are completely removed in some scenes of the "de-master". :rolleyes:

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    They aren't removed so much as the lighting model has changed. IMO mostly for the better.

I wish they would've used more of a middle ground as some surfaces don't look as wet as they used to. But mostly I think it looks good.

11. Druuge

Druuge Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This post was forever ago but I found it via the thread search. I'm just wrapping my mind around the OP and think I've got most of it except what he means by "operating value". Can anyone shed any light? There are so many new flags in recent versions of Inspector that an updated OP would be welcome and awesome.
    Here's a screenshot of my settings (trying 4x):
    [​IMG]

Am I close?

Or, if anyone knows of a better Rocket League config, that would work too!

12. MarcinPL

MarcinPL Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4 GB
    Some flags for Alien Isolation ?

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Is there any way to force anti-aliasing on FIFA 17?

The game has it's own anti-aliasing in the settings which goes to 4X maximum and I want more. At least 8X, except there's no way of forcing it using the nVidia Control Panel (even with override settings). So I was hoping I could use this app to do it.

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    There are no ways of forcing AA hardware modes in DX11, due to the lack of customizable AA compatibility flags like in DX9:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544701/geforce-drivers/petition-for-directx-11-anti-aliasing-driver-profiles/

In the case of Alien: Isolation, I suggest running at either native 3840x2160 or 1920x1080 with 4xDSR combined with ingame FXAA.
    Temporal SMAA modes cause too much ghosting in this game, irregardless of single GPU or SLI mode.
    Using higher levels of DSR (e.g. 5760x3240 resolution) causes strange shadow issues in Alien: Isolation, so unfortunately this is not an option either :3eyes:

With FIFA 17, you might be able to enhance ingame 4xMSAA with 4xSGSSAA through the driver profile.
    However I suggest disabling "Texture filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias", since MSAA is usually quite low quality in the Frostbite engine.
    Enhancing with SGSSAA with driver controlled LOD still on might cause too many issues overall (e.g. BF3).

15. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  17. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I use 0x000010C1 bit from even more earlier post, but it is very demanding, my rig (gtx 970) can only handle 2x sgssaa without framedrops, maybe yours find is better

18. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
    Any compatibility for shadow warrior 2?

Th ingame AA doesnt seems to apply

19. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    DX11 only so no. The in-game temporal AA is fine, and is probably the best choice for a 970. OGSSAA can also be applied by increasing resolution scale above 100%, or using DSR.

Interesting side note, Multi-res Shading can be combined with SSAA for a nice balance of performance and IQ.

20. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Or you can move resolution scale slider to the right to increase it.