NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Didn't mean it to. Was simply saying it looked just as good as it.(I have the game but actually haven't played it yet. So I don't know what PFM is like) And in most screens i've seen of it. It's gorgeous soo...yeah sorry
    http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/114/1144005/portal-2-20110113030451143.jpg

Also: ME comparisons! Nice! No quality difference! This should be added to the main post.

Now the question is, it probably works with ME1, but will It work with ME3? I assume it will

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, it works in ME3 nicely (it's listed for ME3 in OP's post). It does work nicely in ME1 too.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Hi folks,

I've tried to set some AA in GTA IV EFLC of a friend of mine but there isnt such an option within the game options. Went in nvcpl, no go. Went in nvinspector, pasted the correspondant flag found in the AA guide here in guru3D.

I clearly must miss something because it is still aliased as hell :puke2:

Could someone help me fix this ?

Cheers, Toy

Edit: I also tried to add the SMAA 1.1 and 1.2 but its still a no go

Apparently the only way is to downsample, right ?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    SMAA and FXAA should work perfectly fine. Well, they DO work perfectly fine.

You should have read more closely, the flag in the list only applies to the phone and the minimap.

5. syklonis

syklonis Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF OC
    Torchlight 2 flag

I was lucky enough to get into Torchlight 2 beta and I figured out a good flag for forcing AA if anyone else needs it....

Use the Risen flag 0x20000245

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmm... Damn. I can't seem to find correctly working SGSSAA bit for Mass Effect 3. There's faint but visible line across the screen (pretty easily noticeable when you walk slowly away from armour locker towards the elevator).

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    ?

^

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This is the problem:
    [​IMG]
    Happens with that flag too. I use 0x200202C3 which looks and works great in ME1 and 2. There are zillion AA flags that work but nothing seems to fix that in ME3 and give good performance. To be honest, 0x200202C3, 0x000000C1, 0x000010C1, 0x000000C3, 0x000000C5, 0x080000C1... they all look and perform the same.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  9. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Tera Online SGSSAA bits originally posted by Scerate over in the Tera thread in the gaming forum:

0x000010C1

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Unfortunately, such is the problem with UE3(And one of the reasons why I generally despise UE3). Crazy unresolvable Shader/Specular aliasing.
    I ran into similar problems with other games , in UT3's case it would only go away with heavy SGSSAA.

In Tribes:Ascend however, almost NOTHING I did could get rid of all the aliasing in that game. I tested bit after bit, no bit, more bits , different AA options for hours to no avail. (This was during beta, something may have changed in the release game though..)

Perhaps a combination of Downsampling+MSAA+FXAA/SMAA/MLAA would work?

ALSO: What is the point in using forced AA for Diablo 3 guys?
    The in game option says "FullsceneAA" (FSAA?) and from the comparisons I did on my brother's computer while he was playing, the AA seemed to work very well at not a large cost and I didn't notice any blurring of detail. (There isn't much super fine detail to begin with it seems)

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The aliasing isn't really a problem (it's much better than without it), and that gif makes it worse due to dithering and 256 colours but that weird line in filtering is annoying. It goes through the whole screen and its more/less visible depending on the surface and the detail.
    [​IMG]
    *sigh* I guess I'll just have to live with it. Why NVIDIA don't want to officially support SGSSAA like AMD... Official AA support is pretty limited to be honest. It also is annoying that FXAA doesn't show up in screenshots. What I really would like to see is some kind of FXAA+supersampling options.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  12. GrandMax

GrandMax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    I agree. I want official SGSSAA support from Nvidia. I rarely use SGSSAA because downsampling is easier and it works all the time. They should also provide an official OGSSAA (downsampling) option.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    instead of official SGSSAA support they went with "Nvidia give us LOD BIAS in DX11",
    and Nvidia even gave them sticky :)

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah...

15. sparrow1911

sparrow1911 Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    Game of Thrones RPG AA flag?

16. utilizer

utilizer Member

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    0x080100C5 (MSAA) or 0x000000C1 (SGSSAA)

Seems to be working (U3 Engine), but with some performance drop on high resolutions. I'd prefer "Downsampling" + FXAA.
    ...2560x1920 + FXAA (50-60fps) looks very nice.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  17. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    It still looks bad.(and in motion without the GIF compression, it will still look just as bad) That's specular aliasing by the looks of it.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does anyone know when we'll see a demo that showcases the new TXAA on the GTX 600 series graphics cards? Seems silly for NVIDIA to promote a feature as a selling point of their cards and not offer a single demonstration of it. I know Borderlands 2 will support it but that isn't out until Sep/Oct of this year.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Of course, it is a frame from the gif with that line applied (looks just as bad, dithering ang 256 colours). I used PNG since it is more efficient than GIF. I know specular aliasing but just forget it, I do not mean it. There's some kind of annoying line accros the screen, from about top left corner to bottom right. It can be annoying in motion.

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    TXAA won't be demo'd until developers implement it into games. According to Timothy Lottes.