NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    What flag are you using before I posted?

The game may need more bits. It may need the AA fix.

2. adi518

adi518 Member

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    I mentioned it above. The LA Noire preset flag. :)

It's like you said though.. SSAO stops functioning properly. Also, if I go 4x sampling, a bug with the headlights beam occurs. The bug goes away with 2x sampling, but 2x kinda sucks (and SSAO still not working). I can turn it off, but it's a nice and noticeable feature of this game.

[​IMG]

SweetFX, MSAA+SGSS @ 2x, SSAO disabled in-game:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  3. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Try the flag I mentioned

4. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    With regard to the recommended SGSSAA flag for Lego Marvel Super Heroes: 0x004010C1

While this flag works, it causes some specular map rendering to break, i.e. the specular map appears extremely aliased and somehow low-resolution. This is easily noticeable on the floor of the flying 'aircraft carrier' thing. I will post some screenshots once I hit 10 posts here in the forums.

In any case, I tried to address this issue by adjusting LOD values, but to no avail. So, a couple questions:

1) Can anyone else confirm they have the same experience as me? Or are some folks able to use SGSSAA with the suggest flag with no issues?

2) Does anyone know any other flags that might be compatible? Just thought I'd ask before jumping down the rabbit hole in a hunt for a new one...

(NOTE: OGSSAA seems to work fine, the issue is just with SGSSAA)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Try the AA fix. Are you using the DoF?

post some screens and comparisons if you can please. If you can't post links yet. simply post "hxxp://"

6. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
  7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Space Run is OpenGL so you could try "0x0000F0C1" but I doubt it will work.

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    It won't work, since the functions only apply to programs calling d3d9/ex

9. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @MR BONK

The AA Fix resolves the specularity issue with Marvel Superheroes and its suggested SGSSAA flag!

I'm simply delighted :)

I guess the list should be updated with this note?

Also, I'm fairly certain Lego the Hobbit has this same issue ... though I no longer have the game installed : /

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I'm very thankful you gave it a try and it solved the problem! I will make a note of it for those two games.

Based upon the description of the function in a certain tool , I have a hard time understand what this function is actually telling the driver to do within the rendering pipeline. As there are also several other similarly named functions within the driver.

Because it's amazing the difference it can make in several games!

Thanks again!

11. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @Mr Bonk

Hmm, I'm willing to bet that the other Lego games that are listed as 'OGSSAA Only' would probably work with the AA Fix as well. I may reinstall a couple others and try it out.

@Khronikos

I too recently played Enslaved with SGSSAA and it is gorgeous! Also be sure to enable HBAO+ for the game with the 0x00000030 flag for even more 'next gen' eye candy ;)

Tizoc789 likes this.
  12. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Max: the Curse of the Brotherhood (0x284412C3) SGSSAA

This is a Unity game and the standard (EDIT: I guess it's actually not 'standard') Unity flag works for SGSSAA. Will Guess I should also test for other AA modes to be thorough...

NO AA (or probably games's own FXAA or similar)
    [​IMG]

4XSGSSAA
    [​IMG]

Lifeless Planet (0x284412C3) SGSSAA

This is also true for Lifeless Planet (also Unity Engine), though I do not have this game installed anymore, so not likely to have screenshots.

You should take my word for it in any case ;)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    KainXVIII likes this.
  13. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    0x284412C3 isn't standard Unity, but. 0x004010C1 should do the trick. If the game has built in FXAA or something, mess around and see if you can disable it maybe :)

14. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Hmm, curious. 0x284412C3 certainly does work, though I'll give 0x004010C1 a go as well. The SGSSAA is not very easy to see in the screenshots (though it is in fact there), but it very evident while playing, as nearly all temporal aliasing is mitigated, i.e no shimmer or crawl.

With regard to disabling the FXAA, the game suffers from a severe case of consolitis. NO in-game graphic options; even RESOLUTION can ONLY be changed by a registry edit...! Wtf? Will poke around, but not too hopeful...

15. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    For James Bond 007 Bloodstone, there is a note that '0x000000C1 would likely work for HQ SGSSAA'. Unfortunately I could not get SGSSAA to work with this flag nor the other suggested MSAA/TrSSAA flag, 0x00000041.

I can confirm, however, that 0x00000041 works for MSAA ... and also that the in-game AA options seem to have no effect, even when set to 'Application Controlled' in Inspector...

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    interesting. By all means it should work.. hm.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    i'm having a really strange issue with Final Fantasy XIV.
    Using 4012C5 for 4xSGSSAA is causing everything to look.. interlaced almost

4xSGSSAA Current build http://i.minus.com/ibnqGdpFf7S5oH.png
    4xSGSSAA Character Creator benchmark http://i.minus.com/i2xdNu90kHEzV.png

Using C3 works like it should, but the UI is blurred. http://i.minus.com/iQqX9H32UT1W1.png

It was happening on both my 900p monitor and my 768p TV(Don't have the 1080 in this room). Strangely enough on my 900p monitor, if I set to borderless windowed and back it works as intended.

No matter what I do, even setting a 1360x765(Perfect 16:9) with GPU set to "no scaling" or 1280x720 and it still doesn't work right.

Worst of all, the game detects the most ridiculous list of "HDTV" compatible resolutions

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  18. roxahris

roxahris Guest

I had a problem like that when I was using SGSSAA - the UI would get distorted when I used a setting for "full-screen mode gamma correction" that wasn't the default 50. Could that be your problem?

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    oh.. maybe that's it. The default isn't 50 for me IIRC, but 30 I think? I have it set to 24 .

And here I was thinking of spoofing/overriding my EDID>.

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Wow , dafuq man.

Resetting everything to default fixed it. And the default Gamma correction became 50.

Which is totally different than on my PC monitor (Even though the HDTV is in PC 4:4:4,0-255 RGB mode; Even the EDID listed it as an RGB monitor). I still get a ridiculous list of "HDTV" resolutions in my list of resolutions in full screen mode though.

Wonder if I can somehow mod the driver INFs or the EDID to remove them from the nvidia driver for this device?

Thanks for the suggestion! I was losing my mind! >_>