NVIDIA Announces Support for lots of RTX ON based games at Gamescom

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2019.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

In other words when directly challenged and basically called out as a dishonest fanboy, you bailed with what? A home movie? Fanboys, immature as per usual.
    Go on, don't be a complete clown. Just show us a couple. With "MANY" that should be easy. Don't fail AMD again.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, you are most dirty mouthed person on this forum by far. And if you want something from me, behave yourself.

And answer would be simple anyway. You are either playing pretend that those things did not happen and game studios did not talk out about them, or you are clueless.
    Either way, not my problem.

And side note, you are never challenging anyone. Let it sink in and think about what you are doing instead.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've never told anyone not to buy an RTX card. If that's what you want, great. Have at it.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    nah
    I don't think so

5. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    he just a mean old fart, always in a bad mood.
    never happy bout nuttin I tell ya!

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    What difference does it make if I met him if I hate the way he acts in public? I don't care if he's a cheerleader for his company, there are other ways to show your pride and support without coming across as an egoist. I'm allowed to dislike someone because of the way they act.
    I already established that my opinion of him does not affect my opinion of Nvidia's products or my willingness to recommend their products to other people. Like I said, I know Nvidia is overall better, and my refusal to buy their products is purely based on my own principles. If I'm building a PC for someone, I don't even tell them what my principles are unless they ask.
    I think you have too much emotion energy invested in how I run my own life. His personality traits are not utterly pointless, they directly affect how Nvidia handles business, and I dislike how they handle a lot of things.

carnivore, Fox2232 and airbud7 like this.
  7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What even is this thread?

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Mostly Announcement of already Announced games.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    You have examples of studios talking about this? In my experience it's been the opposite - Savage (By S2 Games) for example was extremely open about the fact that when they were building their engine that Nvidia helped them getting it running on ATi (at the time) and Intel. I've heard similar things from other smaller independent studios - that Nvidia's developer outreach program is extremely helpful. There are lots of similar stories on Unreal/Unity forums from independent devs.

And this idea that PhysX/Apex and/or Hairworks is bad is kind of overplayed. I've never turned down any of these settings - I've never had problems with them stuttering.. they do slow performance a bit but it's never reduced to unplayable levels on my machine. Hardware PhysX looked great in a few games I played (notably Warframe particles). PhysX is the default engine in Unity/Unreal and works great there. Hairworks is the only hair simulation system that's been integrated over a vast number of assets in game - show me examples of TressFX on more than a single character. I'll admit the hair part needs work for realism but the fur looks good and performance is fine for what it's doing.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I more meant the contents within this thread lol

11. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G970/3.5G MSI
    Its code, not some cipher, developers can check the code for some extend, i doubt that there are some performance trojan horses.. Its nature reality that Nvidia guys dont know AMD architecture too much.. and Intel HD, its not even officially supported / tested by lots of game studios.

If i would be some leading manager i would force to Nvidia guys to test both branches of code, monitoring performance numbers.

I thing that problem is elsewhere maybe when Nvidia guys start to code their stuff its not implemented for other platforms at all (from simple perspective make sense to do complex system (for free) and make it simpler later (with lesser investment) ), to save money and after when are Nvidia guy gone some internal guys trying to understand their code and implement it without special features for AMD and Intel - that is recipe for disaster for sure..

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Those cases were not about nVidia's proprietary code. But about code written by developer that has been altered to accommodate nVidia's proprietary code by nVidia's guys.
    As result, there was no new nVidia specific code path, but nVidia optimized path instead of original "generic" one.