NVIDIA announces Restocked & Reloaded campaign - RTX 30 graphics cards are now in stock, announces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    "Normal" pricing is what I'm waiting for. Being in stock isn't that exciting when it's still (checks websites...) nearly double the MSRP.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, they're actually linking to retailers in Germany for me (notebooksbilliger.de) who seem to have at least some stock of cards at or close to MSRP (1300-1400€ per 3080 TI card, tax included).

But... it's just clearing stocks at the end of the cycle with a twist to it. Since people have been holding back either due to price, or availability, or both, it's an even bigger trap to believe this is the time to buy the 30 gen card you so desperately couldn't get at "your" price for months and years. When the next cards are going to be released this year... just be mindful before buying :D

Keitosha, 386SX, Airbud and 5 others like this.
  4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    If there is stock, then lower the prices to MSRP.
    Or even lower, considering these cards are on their way to be 2 years old. And that a new generation is on the horizon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    Keitosha, Tom Sunday, 386SX and 6 others like this.

5. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    3070 ti over 3080 price, 3070 basically at 3080 price (Germany as well), so its not at stock msrp...

Silva likes this.
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I hope ETH moves to POS before RTX 4000 series released triggering a massive GPU selloff by miners. How sweet justice would be to see thousands of 3080s going for $500 or less while Nvidia struggles with left over inventory.. :D

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070ti
    I could get a 3080 now for the price i paid for 3070ti couple months back,
    things will get even better soon as ETH mining is almost over and nvidia is worried about the great gpu flood of 2022.
    Gpus are in stock how is this not a win, even if a small one, honestly lighten up folks ffs.❤️

Tom Sunday, Aura89, mohiuddin and 2 others like this.
  8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Cool... many month after AMD (without need to make announcement and that is already around MSRP)...
    @NVIDIA: Don't change anything lol

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    qft

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    3070ti is still 830eur for the chepeast model i could find the msi ventus 3x. Not so great but went down a little.

tunejunky and DannyD like this.

11. Serega_Mih

Serega_Mih Member

GPU:
    GainwardGTX1660S
    In Russia, when you click on the link, it's still sadder.
    "THE GAME IS OVER
    PAGE NOT FOUND."
    :(

12. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Availability is not better in czech republic, prices too, its not on MSRP but its much better.. But some more exotic cards like water cooled once are still not available.
    So now i can complain only about too high TDP as usually. Because now im not buying high end models not because of price, but because of noise and power consumption.

Russia - they are on the way to become new Cuba or North Korea ghetto state from goods availability point of view, because their "magnificent" leader strategy.

tunejunky likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    potential july release for lovelace......

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    why should a company that uses different components, coolers, fan counts, box inclusions sell at the same price as nvidia?

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I didn't say that custom cards had to have the same price as reference cards.
    Just that it's time to lower GPU prices all around.

tunejunky likes this.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Not how business models work though bud. However a company calculates its sales prices whether than is a fixed profit percentage/margin, availability, demand, unit target, unit profit etc etc etc it all boils down to making a profit rather than being a charity.

17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    More like the "Too Little & Too Late" campaign.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    At Nvidias headquarters a few days ago:

- high executive nº1 - crap! Miners no long want/need our GPUs! What do we do now with all the stock we still have?
    - high executive nº2 - Well, there´s only one solution, we need to find a large group of "idiots" to buy them, but who?...
    - high executive nº1 - I think i remember that we use to sell to this stuff to some guys years ago, can`t remember exactly who...
    - high executive nº2 - That`s it! We are going to sell all those GPUs to the gamers that we completly forgot! Prepare the PR campaign with the slogan "Reloaded campaign"!
    - high executive nº1 - You`re a genius man!
    - high executive nº2 - You know it! Now let´s celebrate our incoming bonus, you pay the drugs and i´ll pay the "ladies"!

Like someone has already said before, the cards should be sold at lower prices now that they are preparing a new generation of GPUs, but i don´t see that happening...

Backstabak, AntiSnipe, 386SX and 10 others like this.
  20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    i have to say this put a smile on my face.

i knew the Samsung 8n was a clusterf*&% before they started production.
    AND i knew the TSMC refresh was going to have wider availability (higher yield).

but this is all about the actual lag from ordering, to production, to shipping when you refill an order.

yes it's too little, but it's not too late as there's a pent-up demand from actual gamers who game.

Valken and pegasus1 like this.