1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA Announces NVIDIA DRIVE AutoPilot

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA introduced DRIVE AutoPilot, a Level 2+ automated driving solution that provides both autonomous driving perception and an intelligent cockpit....

NVIDIA Announces NVIDIA DRIVE AutoPilot

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Well, that's where the real R&D money goes. And that's where they earn the real money, forget about our toys ;)

cryohellinc likes this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    They shouldn't forget that our multi-purpose "toys" is what made them who they are right now.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Unfortunately that's not how business works though. It's about what makes them the most profit.

reix2x and fantaskarsef like this.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    That's exactly how business works, unfortunately. Create a positive image, and don't forget your roots. The consumer market, developers and gamers are Still and always will be a Lions share of Nvidia revenue.

Unless they plan to altogether move away from it.

6. Prometheus336

Prometheus336 Member

GPU:
    gtx 980ti G1 Gaming
    Well these are more good marketing practices than business ones. What you said would apply better to a b2b environment rather than a b2c market as the gaming one, which is mostly directed to the end user. When companies look at big numbers they mostly think just at profits. With Nvidia the situation is exacerbated because they lack true competition atm, hence they do not need the good marketing practices to boost their sales because people will buy their product anyways because they have not real choice for the high end segment. Unfortunately unless we boycott or we unite in a certain way Nvidia (or any other company in the same position) will never drop their prices just because we feel they are too steep compared to previous generation. For me even though I might need to Upgrade I will skip this overpriced generation hoping that the next one will align again to my target prices. If not I might as well change hobby. At this point I have lost any interest in being milked by anyone.

cryohellinc likes this.
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    I find it hard to believe that "hundreds of companies worldwide" are building autonomous vehicles....especially considering the cost and regulatory approvals that are required for the vehicles to be put into operation. It's more like hundreds of companies worldwide are working to produce prototypes....