1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia announces New TITAN X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by HeavyHemi, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Vapour X
    So they're finally going to release a real Titan again not just a 980Ti+ $$$ edition

I predict these selling out, but not to consumers.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Exactly my thought.

3. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Ooooook.

Going to guess the £ price will be insane(r).

Was waiting on something to switch from SLi 980ti - while this might qualify the price on the other hand does not.

I think....

We'll see.....

I may have to lock the wallet up come benchmark day

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    ^
    This. Hell, speaking from my own experience on 1080, it literally to my BIG surprise obliterates 1440p resolution, at least for the time being. In Future I doubt I will consider anything else besides a second 1080 for SLI, however recently SLI was HORRIBLE, so hopefully games will stay on more or less same level in terms of performance. We need more Dx12/Vulkan titles.

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    Wish i'd had a bigger paycheck.

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    My 980ti,s are still playing everything really well @ 1080p using DSR @ 1440p so I will wait for volta maybe I will upgrade to 4k first. I am looking forward to benchmarks but my wallet is shut.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    And AMD isn't with the RX 480 consuming more power than a 1070 which is twice as fast? Not to mention the heat.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It's not mine. It's what Nvidia had posted at that time. They have since updated and added the store page. And the power draw is still listed as 250 watt on the store page.

9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080 Ti STRIX
    Man, AMD need to pull out their big guns. ASAP!

10. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    this titan x seems like quite disappointment.
    It has almost double the transistors of the 1080, but not even half more shaders, with lower clocks and worst of all, the compute performance is 1/3 better. I would assume thta this is not the full gp102 gpu, prolly teh full one ahs at least 60 SMMs if not 64 like the full gp100...

11. GPz

GPz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nvidia sure is in a hurry to release every Pascal variant under the Sun. Somehow I get the feeling that team green is scrambling to scrounge up all the dough before team red releases their high-end stuff. This untypically fast release schedule of SKUs might actually be an indication that maybe, just maybe, AMD will have something up heir sleeves with Vega that Nvidia is afraid of.

Who knows... But I sure hope so, because leaving the market so stale for so long (by letting Nvidia [and Intel for CPUs] have the monopoly) is first and foremost bad for the consumer. I've never bought an AMD product in my life, but I really, really, wholeheartedly cheer for AMD to stir up the market with ZEN and Vega!

12. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080Ti FE
    If time has taught us one thing it is that the Titan cards are NEVER worth the money. Because a few more months down the line, Nvidia releases the 1080Ti which gives almost identical performance, has a bit less VRAM and costs a third less.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Based on it being a GP102-400-A1, this is a fully enabled die. 7.2 billion to 12 billion is not 'almost double'. With the clock reduction, the extra shaders put it in the ball park of round 35-40% performance increase over the GTX 1080. Which is right about where it should be.

14. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    sorry the transistors ratio is 1.71, the shaders ratio is 1,39, the Tflops ratio is 1,22.
    besides is it sure that it uses the gp102-400-a1? There were times where the x-450-y gpus were full (not cut down) chips from nvidia.
    So to me it eitehr appears the 1080 is an extremely good and efficient card, or teh titan x is just meh compared to the 1080.
    heck evencompared to the 1060 its good on power consumption but bad on the tflops/transistor/shader count 3x4,4bil transistors = 3x 4,61 tflops

15. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 Amp
    1080 256 bit memory interface which means 8GB or 16GB configuartion usually.

6GB or 12GB usually indicates 384 bit memory interface, that's why it's differing value to 1080.

1080 Ti possibly launch with 384 bit too instead of 256 bit of normal 1080. However if they wait towards end of the year it could have HBM2?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD630 :(
    Beast card = beast price, especially since there's literally no competition ATM!

This should be the first card that can do 4K 60FPS with single GPU in the most demanding AAA titles right now. Makes you wonder what Volta Titan will be capable of! 100FPS at 4K!?

Looking forward to the reviews

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Shaders aren't everything. This has more rops and tmus.

18. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti xtreme
    Not sure how you got your numbers, but based on shader frequency and numbers its just around +23% difference on max boost clock.

19. Master

Master New Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX770 / 2GB
    I was expecting Titan X specs like this:
    SMs 64
    TPCs 32
    CUDA cores: 4096
    Texture Units: 256
    8GB or 16GB HBM2 VRAM
    I think that would be a perfect card for 4K gaming or other tasks.

20. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    1200$. Cool.