Nvidia announces New TITAN X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by HeavyHemi, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    +1, that's the way the world works.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I agree +100% with what you say! It does bother me that items like that have a market, but I agree that they indeed do have one. That doesn't mean that I can't consider them bad purchasing decisions, and it doesn't mean that people won't buy them because I do.

3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exactly :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Everywhere you look, top end costs ridiculous money. Why would anyone buy a suit for 10k? Or a bottle of whisky for 20k?, or a watch for 30k? You know, there's people out there in this world who have so much money that they simply will buy these things. Examples I gave here are not even extreme.

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That doesn't mean that anyone has to agree with even the idea of the existence of things like that, or hold people that maintain such markets in any kind of regard.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Why not, if people want something just a bit better then why take that market away?

A world of mediocrity and just good enough is the alternative, yawn.

7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is nothing mediocre about at 980Ti. There is nothing mediocre about a Fury X, you're missing the point. I don't have anything else useful to add, as eclap said, people who would buy this, they will anyways. I'll take my disdain and leave the thread :p

EDIT:
    The Titan X is not even a fully enabled chip, there is already an announcement for another one.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, two budget cards you have picked.
    It's not even rare to see people on here with two of those cards.

Most people i know have disdain for all PC hardware and software, it's all relative.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Should point out that Anandtech confirmed that the card doesn't have FP64 hardware at all. It's 30 SM part, same as the Quadro. (it's not locked, it's physically missing)

Which basically means that Nvidia could refresh Pascal next year with a 60SM gaming part. Probably with HBM2 on it, as I can't see any other way of fitting all that into 600mm2.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    they learned well from intel its going to be tick tock as far as the eye can see.
    but how much more can you do with the pascal line up so far? I highly dought you can take it to 3000? lol
    sure the bigger chip might just taking a guess, be really freakin fast. a tx getting close to 2000 would kill all + it may(like who really knows)have more cuda; cores and tmu's it would not matter just give me a og tx clocked at 2000 and just take my money,clocked at 1500 is a good start but not close to 2000.would be nice if it clocks that high but till I see reviews I can only speculate
    I know they will have a chip like a ti they will pop out like pez after amd gets their highend stuff out for cheaper but man I really need something to bench so I hope the aug.2 rumor is good

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  12. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    So is Nvidia going for the knockout punch on AMD? Vega might be a beast, but Nvidia, with it's R&D dollars doesn't seem to be holding anything back. AMD came out wth the 480, promises custom cards. Nvidia pops out the 1060 and custom cards come soon after. I hope Zen is a godsend.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    They came on the day of release :)

14. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    touche'

I go on other websites where they tell you this is all you need, I come on here to see what I want. I want to see cowie frickin benchmark the new titan x to death

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Somewhat surprising. Jacob, the product manager for EVGA just posted they are working on a hybrid cooler for the new TITAN X (pascal)

We are working on a Hybrid upgrade kit, stay tuned :)

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2520221

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Although it could be a great gaming card, and many may buy it for that, but Nvidia isnt marketing as such. They dropped the Geforce moniker for the pascal TX. This is the primary purpose of the card:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/07/21/titan-x-deep-learning/

So it may even be a bargain for those involved in that research field.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If it only wasn't just full of marketing words. The card packs the biggest punch in in a 2-slot package for FP32, but depending on the configuration others might say that a Pro Duo would make much more sense (+60% FP32 with just $300 more). It also seems to lack all the FP64 hardware that the bigger brother has, and it won't have any extras from the Quadro driver either.

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
  20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    -Looks at old Titan X-

-Cries-