NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 (With Even More Shader processors)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2020.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    True but that´s just the way it is with PC hardware. That´s why so many are falling in love with consoles, they are much simpler...

Although the way Nvidia milked customers with the 2000 series is something that even pains me despite the fact i didn´t buy one...

SerotoNiN likes this.
  2. TalentX

TalentX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 / 8GB
    I don't think there will be "Ti" versions any more.

Releasing a Ti version won't benefit them economically. Instead, I think they'll only keep working with the numbers and releasing refresh-models such as the "Super" versions similar from RTX 2k series.
    People with TI cards could completely ignore the Super versions (which was bad for Nvidia), whilst for others the super model line-ups were a better price-value - and that did work out very well. I am pretty sure they'll stick to this strategy from now on.

Jensen said himself, that the RTX 3080 is their "flagship" already. That just proves their way of not releasing a Ti-Flagship any more. Releasing a refresh line-up instead will be much more beneficial for them.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    that means Titan 48gb ram is real, will be close to 3000$
    no 3090ti/super i think

4. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    3070 Ti, 3080 Ti ... (or Super instead of Ti), with double the memory... almost guaranteed to happen

They are simply waiting for AMD to get their cards out.
    If Radeon 6800X or whatever is the biggest "Big Navi" comes with 16 GB, there's just no way NVidia will sit idle with their 8/10G cards.

pegasus1 and Undying like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i just wnted to get ahead of any one foolish enough to try.

Caesar likes this.
  6. k0vasz

k0vasz Active Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    AMD will definetaly have something BIG, and nvidia already priced these cards according to that, but... the question is, whether AMD will screw the launch as they always tend to do (issues with actual launch/availability, changed BIOS in the last moment, driver issues, etc.). AMD must put those cards on shelves ASAP.

Undying likes this.
  7. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not for now at least, Annandtech stated that gddr6x come only in 1GB chip variant for now, I don't see Nvidia putting 48 chip module even on both side of the PCB :p

8. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    If you pay uk tax that sounds awful lol

9. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i been holding onto this gtx970 for forever it seems,finally was able to afford updating my pc in march,and been tryin to save up for a new card,hopefully there is a 3070 in my near future

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    3080 seems too good to be true. I will have to wait for reviews and RDNA2 but I may build new soon.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm 499 for XX70 series? wonder what the xx70ti will cost, pretty sure spent about 450-499 for my 1070ti which inluded the 1060gtx price and the set up price i payed.

Still I think I will hold off getting new gpu till after I get a ps5 to see just where the bar is put at, by that time a year will of pass and will have 4xxx series probably.

I am intrested in this new IO thing they talking about need DX12.2? which i guess mean any game that dont support that wont support those spicy data speeds from the ssd/m2 drives

13. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    Is HDMI 2.1 confirmed for all Ampere (current and future smaller ones) or exclusively for the RTX3090 only?

14. dec72

dec72 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 2070S
    Im amazed by the stock cooler, esp. 3080 looks already pretty good; AMD should learn they always use the worst possible solutions.

Loved the show and the new series, ill be waiting for 30xx ti sitting on my 2070S. The new AMD GPU lineup in fall will sure be interesting, but some bad experiences i had let me tend towards nvidia...but im sure open to anything if power/price/cooling and the driver package is what i like.
    Nvidias driver is sure stable for me but im using the clean versions from our forums here, the stock Nvidia driver are such horrible bloat with things i never use.
    Nvidia could just offer a base driver without anything additional every version for themselves, would be a dream.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    All Ampere currently announced.

16. suty455

suty455 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Agree on the future PC however the PS5 did it in real Time there and then a few Weeks ago that little chip was mighty impressive, am sure the software was optimised in some way but even so it crunched a lot of data throughout that demo as smooth as you like, dont watch it on you tube though its rubbish googles video quality kills it.
    Nvidia are to me not Bullish enough at the moment

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    All current announced models.
    Which probably means all future models too, as per the HDMI 2.0 releases.

18. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    They still do xD (least on scan and overclockers)

Bad companies, hoping for some straglers to buy some not knowing about the new hardware coming out

pegasus1 and Fediuld like this.
  19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Did anyone wonder how well will those FP16/32 TFLOPS hold? (Crypto mining.)
    I wonder if nVidia just decided that "It Just computes twice as much" now.

There has been info, that some AIBs had to "fix" their spec sheet, because they had written exactly 1/2 cuda cores on each card.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't really get what you're implying?

How else does a 3080 perform twice as fast as a 2080 in Wolf without at least double the FP32/CUDA count? As far as it holding up, probably not that well considering it's double a 2080Ti total in CUDA cores but clearly not performing that in most titles.

PrMinisterGR and sbacchetta like this.