1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Second Quarter Fiscal 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    But but but.... i thought they weren't selling hardly any chips and that they needed to postpone the upcoming GPU due to overstock at retailers? Guess that was all just BS from the usual suspects. Especially after seeing this...

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    It wasn't related to demand, it was related to over-supply of their Chips. Demand is stable. They had to get rid of stock, which hyper inflated thanks to our dearest miners.

4. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    You wouldn't be gloating if you were a stockholder. The stock tanked after earnings yesterday due to weak guidance, and Nvidia investors like me are getting a hard dose of reality (hype bubble has burst). :(

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Lol, you should get out of trading if you think a 2% dip based on weak guidance (aka noise next to quant trading) is a "hard dose of reality" "tanking" "hype bubble bursting".

Fox2232 likes this.
  6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm not trading, I'm investing. ;) Also, it was down 5% after hours before recovering somewhat in pre-hours trading - currently down 3.8% (either way, I'm out more than a thousand bucks). Of course I know this is just a temporary decline (especially with former bears like Wells Fargo upgrading the stock) but it still hurts for today.

I think the sentiment was that the stock would only react positively if everything was perfect. This is how I know it was hype. I remember this used to be the case with AMD as well during the early Ryzen days when the stock was priced to perfection (earnings popped the hype bubble and brought it back to reality).

7. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    There rich
    end of report