NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ero Ruz

Ero Ruz Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Funny that even though they have no GPUs to sell compared to last year, they still can make more tha 60% more revenue. I know NVIDIA is a corp and is also the owner of ARM, but still. Also this PR bs needs to stop:

Expanded the GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs with 60-class offering —the most popular in the company's gaming lineup — including the GeForce RTX 3060, starting at just $329, featuring NVIDIA RTX raytracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex and NVIDIA Broadcast.
    The 3060 releases today, and a minute after release they will have double the price, so yeah.. good job nvidia, people are all very pleased.

Oh yeah, please NVIDIA do not forget the GT 1010 and the re-release of the iconic 1050 Ti and 2060. :mad:

SatsuiNoHado, Solfaur and Repo Man like this.
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What have you been schmoking man

Nvidia is a well-oiled machine, like Umbrella or like Weyland before that Yutani bs :D

kakiharaFRS likes this.
  4. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    wouldn't be surprised if at it's head is the alien covenant android :eek: (the current situation being as bad as the movie scenario)

Noisiv likes this.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    and that's just official revenue,not counting all those 3090s secretly mining in Jensen's oven

.....or is the oven just a passage to the Huang Cave where he mines etherium on a global scale

reix2x likes this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    "Demand for GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs is incredible. NVIDIA RTX has started a major upgrade cycle as gamers jump to raytracing, DLSS and AI."

[​IMG]

Dragam1337 and Agonist like this.
  7. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Wow!....an 'in your face' story about how much money Nvidia made while ignoring the need of loyal repeat customers.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Holy crap that is an infuriating statement. That's like the equivalent of a hard-working medical team curing someone of a terminal illness and the patient says "I only have God to thank".

Could Nvidia be any more dense here? RT, DLSS, and AI isn't why your GPUs sold out and anyone who isn't living under a rock knows it.

I don't care that Nvidia made record-breaking revenue; I expected it. Unlike a lot of people here, I think RT and DLSS can be pretty cool. But don't drag everyone else into your delusions.

9. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    Nvidia are disgusting here because right now there is a massive shortage of the 30 series graphics cards. So, the gaming community is suffering because of the bitcoin mining garbage that are buying out all the graphics cards on the market, plus Samsung are not supplying enough GPU memory for the cards themselves because of the shortage of silcion. Yes, Nividia you could do something about this and help the gaming community, but just profit from bitcon miners like the greedy corrupt company they are. Plus we have the Ebay scammers who has scamming people with fake stock photos for 30 series cards.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    RT and especially DLSS is why I am really hating Nvidia now.

RT is cool but it was so rushed. Its like gameworks with shiny reflections. The idiots buying it up.

DLSS just pissed me off the most. IDC.
    For consoles, its cool but for PC gaming its retarded. Will never be able to change my mind.

Game developers already put some many shitty effects in PC versions of their games. Makes everything blury as hell.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    We went over this, there is really nothing you can do about it.

I don't see how a toolset to leverage hardware to accelerate raytracing can be "like gameworks with shiny reflections". Especially when it's used for more than just reflections, it's hardware agnostic, it's used across multiple industries, etc.

Imagine when DX11 cards launched saying "Tessellation is cool but it was so rushed. It's like gameworks but with rounder objects. The idiots buying it up"

Demand is really high for the card amongst gamers... Steam survey has the card out performing any previous nvidia launch by a significant margin. Unless miners are running steam on their mining rigs, cards are definitely getting into the hands of gamers and considering how many people are sitting here pissed off they can't buy one.. isn't that also demand? Demand doesn't have to be supplied to be considered demand.

May not be entirely for AI, DLSS - may just be because for $700 or whatever pricepoint the performance is a nice jump over the previous gen + the previous gen was notoriously shitty.. but the bottom line is gamers want these cards.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I'm not seeing your point here. Yes, demand is high, because the RTX 3000 series has good performance with an appealing MSRP. It was the first GPU series where 4K gaming became reasonably priced. RT, DLSS, and AI were just simply not the driving force for the demand. Sure, they absolutely helped, but AMD's competition is underwhelming/lacking in those departments and using your definition, they're in demand too.
    The part that's so stupid is how Nvidia thinks these 3 features they keep shoving in everyone's face is the reason for their record-breaking success. It's not, and they're deliberately ignoring what the real draw to attention is.

I'm so sick of gaslighting and people believing what they want to believe while ignoring facts. It's worse when a whole company does those things.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk, I bought my card to play Cyberpunk with DLSS/RT - it was definitely the driving force for me. I think most people buying the card appreciate those features. I also think reading that sentence they are just saying there is demand for the card, and - they are creating an upgrade cycle of people that are going to want those features. It doesn't really say that those features are the sole driving success of the card. It's not like Nvidia didn't market the cards performance improvements at all. I think you're reading way too much into one little sentence in what's essentially a marketing brief. I haven't listened to this quarter's investment call but in previous ones they've definitely mentioned the lower pricing vs the 2080Ti as a major force for increased demand for this series.

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    NVIDIA Corporation's (NVDA) CEO Jensen Huang on Q4 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Except Tessellation existed way before DX11, so stupid point really. Just nvidia had refused to support it until it was baked into DX11.

Any tech with Nvidia involved is gimpworks, and always be. Even when using Nvidia gpus, I turn off all of their tech bullshit in games.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    as a feature of Radeons that was discontinued practically the next architecture.

17. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    Here is the true Nvidia.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So exactly like raytracing? lol.

His take is dumb honestly.

The only way to stop the mining problem is to increase supply or support proof of stake.. that's it. Nvidia is increasing supply by reselling an old architecture, on a different node, along with utilizing cards that have display out problems (wouldn't be geforce anyway).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The difference is when Nvidia supported Tessellation, they REALLY supported it. So much so that AMD had to come up with other stuff to counter Nvidia's advantage in it.

That's the "problem" with Nvidia. When they do something they go all-in and it becomes so difficult for competitors to catch-up.

Buzz terms like "Async-compute" and "Rapid Packed Maths" have come and gone. RT and DLSS is here to stay.

20. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Cryptocurrency. Mining.