Nvidia acknowledges issues with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Luc

Luc Active Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    At Gamer Nexus, after doing a lot of tests, they think the problem is within the GPU chip, because already discarded any other possibilities, but still in the low range.

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I don't mean financial compensation btw, i just meant that the RMA should be done right. Which people say is happening so congrats to Nvidia for doing the procedure correctly.

I'm pretty sure though that not everyone is going to have a perfect swap.

3. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I'm not into the stock market. So no thanks. I did however buy a 2080ti which is performing beautifully without issues since 9/27.

4. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti GAMING

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
  6. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Doing something you are morally and legally obligated to do doesn´t deserve congratulations dude.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What he was apparently saying is Nvidia is handling the RMA process well, dude. So many angry folks around.

8. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I understood what he said, honoring the rma is the legal part, doing it without causing more troubles or inconveniences is the moral part. As for being angry that´s just ad hominem from your part. Don´t know what is your problem with me pointing out why someone should not be grateful to be treated properly by a company, I could explain it to you if it´s not self evident or you don´t understand it.

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Well, I'd have no problem as long as nVidia, thru its AIB's, honor any and all RMA issues concerning the RTX 2080 Ti's. I have a Palit card, and so far, it seems to be free of any issue (hope I've not jinxed myself stating this) but there's always that fear of the card dying on me at the back of my mind. I guess I'd fare better should the RMA process takes a little longer as I do have another very capable system to tide me over.

10. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti GAMING
    Okay, I'm sorry for this but it's not my fault.

BangTail likes this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's all good mate, not your fault :)

12. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti 1965/21.4G
    Well, they are replacing said defective product and for that is enough to ask as solution to their issue.

Blame lack of competition for pricing. AMD needs another Jim Keller moment for its GPU department.

13. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Eagle
    I did not said that Nvidia is not replacing defective cards, I was complaining about how their representatives handle cases, often lying or not fulfilling promises.

If you get told by rep that within certain period of time get contacted to agree on shipping or RMA process and nothing happens and you have to call them several times more in few weeks time-frame and eventually start threatening before something starts happening you get angry.

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I don't know why you're still so upset about his post, dude. You're claiming I have some sort of problem is an ad hominen. His post upset you enough to take time to comment and CHASTISE them for being "grateful". Again, don't project your emotional upset on me. I'm just curious why you had the urge to berate someone over something so minuscule. Bad hair day?

15. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    How am I upset?, because of the "dude" word?. Is it a derogatory term or something?. You are hilarious. You are just diverting the point of the original comment by trying to paint me as some harasser, my comment was a friendly honest advice, nothing more, I just want him to think about his statement. See the only upset person is you and I don´t care, because everytime a person says something they will hurt someones feelings somewhere, if you ask them to shut up you could as well ask them to stop thinking. Are you one of those easily offended social warriors or something?.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018

16. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I find it very strange that so many people that A: don't own these cards and B: by their own admission have absolutely no intention of buying them are so put out by them and anything pertaining to them.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  17. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Pathetic quality Nvidia. Omg. Turing vs turding.