Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. bloodindark

bloodindark Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    red faction 4 aa flag for dx 9 0x004000C1(only sgsaa)

2. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890
    Duke Nukem Forever definitely needs a better flag than the current one... doesn't look like it is antialiasing at all.

Latest profile reckons that it should be:

0x00423004 (Duke Nukem Forever)

However, it doesn't look great.

Might try the Borderlands flags instead... same engine isn't it?

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    FXAA looks amazing in Fallout NV...

4. bloodindark

bloodindark Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    tried every compat setting i knew for duke nukem and achieved nothing (except driver stopped working or graphic garbage )just like dungeon siege:(

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Odd that their are AA flags in the latest drivers for both Fable 3 (0x105) and Duke Nukem Forever yet neither appear to work when used with the Override option. Why are they included if they don't work? :3eyes:

As for the engine DNF uses, I believe it's Unreal Engine 2 not 3 so if you can find an AA flag for an old game that uses that, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory say, then it might work. That said, the DNF engine has been tweaked and updated to include depth of field (badly, IMO!) and other stuff so it may not.

I find FSAA looks disgusting in DNF, it's the might-as-well-not-be-there edge-blur rubbish you see in games like FUEL and Mafia II, but FXAA looks a lot better even if the overall effect isn't as clean as MSAA. I'm just thankful the PC version has AA at all as the console versions look absolutely gross in comparison, particularly when combined with the lower resolution/framerate and screen tearing. :puke2:

6. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
    Anyone have an AA Flag For Dungeon Siege III ? SGSSAA if possible ? In-Game AA seem not working.

7. Enidehalas

Enidehalas New Member

GPU:
    560 ti 1GB
    Hello,
    Does anyone have a trick to get the AA working in Oblivion with OBGE (oblivion graphic extender, which adds new shaders on top of the game) ?
    Problem is that this mod enhances the game by using a new Depth buffer, and the game being DX9, it simply does not allow AA
    I tried almost all compatibility settings, a lot of types of AA (MSAA, CSAA, SGSSAA...) but still nothing
    I know ATI users can get it to work with ati tray tools but I guess it is by the use of MLAA

EDIT :
    I just discovered, reading this post, the FXAA
    I quote the developper of this "Wanted something which handles sub-pixel aliasing better than MLAA, something which didn't require compute, something which runs on DX9 level hardware, and something which runs in a single full-screen pixel shader pass. Basically the simplest and easiest thing to integrate and use."
    Exactly what I need, where do I sign? I tried switching Toggle FXAA to 0x00000001, but I guess it's not that simple eh?

EDIT² :
    Finally found it !
    Compatibility : 0x20410041
    It's not any referenced game comp, and works for MSAA
    Just in case someone else does the same search as me... :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  8. viperjp

viperjp Member

GPU:
    GTX 470
    does anyone happen to know the flags to get antialiasing in crazy machine elements?

9. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Crazy Machines Elements:
    0x000032C1 - For MSAA
    0x000012C1 - For OGSSAA (SGSSAA buggy in this game)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

NoAA:
    [​IMG]

4xMSAA:
    [​IMG]

4xOGSSAA:
    [​IMG]

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    What is a good flag for Hunted: The Demon's Forge? The one in the profile is borked and using the normal ut3 ones is not working :/

11. viperjp

viperjp Member

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Thank you Guzz!!!

12. RedPyramid

RedPyramid Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 Directcu
    For dungeon siege 3, what about "enhance the app setting" or if override, disabling the in-game altogether (sorry that bit's obvious duh :D)?

13. bloodindark

bloodindark Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    if i said nothing i tried worked...it means i tried everything you said:)

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Hi guys, is there a way to force AA in Deus Ex Human Revolution by running it in DX11 mode? I've tried the compatibility flags posted before with no luck, still getting jaggies everywhere...

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's because the profile doesn't include the correct game executable.

You need to make a copy of the file P4DFTRE.DLL in the game's Binaries/Win32 folder and then rename the copy to HUNTED.EXE.

Finally, add the HUNTED.EXE to the Hunted profile using NVIDIA Inspector and you'll be able to force AA through the control panel as expected. The AA flag to use (if isn't already set up in the profile) is 0x45.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    As far as know it is not possible as even NVIDIA Inspector only supports flags for DX9 and DX10 (unless the latter includes DX11 as well?). You could try the experimental FXAA flag, which likely only works with OpenGL (it can't hurt to try it though) but the beta already supports that in-game anyway.

17. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    The game isn't slated for release till August. Did an early build leak onto torrents or something?

18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Understood. Thanks for the precious infos... :)
    Anyway I was wondering this: if DX10 code is very similar to DX11, then by using a DX10 compatibility flag would I be able to make AA work? Am I wrong?
    Yup, it's a leaked version that contains half of the game.

19. bloodindark

bloodindark Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    ambient occlusion flag for alice madness returns 0x00000024 (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)
    aa flag - sgsaa - 0x00000041 (Warmonger) (thats what i normaly use for u3 engine games)

20. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Hmm noticed there is no Darksiders on the list.

As mentioned earlier in the thread 0x00001201 seems to work well for Darksiders.

Also don't know if it applies here, but to some it might be useful. For anyone playing The Witcher (The first one) and getting lighting bleeding through walls and such using sli, using the SLI compatibility flags for the witcher 2 seems to fix it. The flag is 0x02C04005

EDIT Just noticed the Darksiders bits I mentioned above appears to be the profile default in all new drivers. Regardless, people running older drivers might find it useful to have on the list. Not sure how recently it got added, but for a number of driver releases after the game release, it wasn't the case.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011