Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Yes, actually I tried both variants. Enhanced AA with in-game AA turned on and forced AA with in-game AA turned off. I tried this with both the flags mentioned.

2. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Any profiles for Bioshock 2 ... ;0)

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yes, reading the original post helps :) if your not satisfied with the default flag provided by nvidia, i recomend:

i guess i need a list of unreal engine 2.5 and 3 powered games as well? Its difficult for me to know what stuff is captain Obvious material to you guys, and what is something that not many poeple know. I assumed bioshock 2 being a u 2.5 engine game is Cpatain obvious stuff :nerd:

i edited the first post a bit to make it easier to find unreal engine powered games :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Ok thanks ...

Tried it and could not get it to work ??

Is it applied the same way as Dead Space ? ;0)

5. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Quick question.

Whats the difference between the enhance and override option? I play Metro 2033 and there's not Override option, only enhance. In game there's AAA and MSAA 4x. I want MSAA 2x as 4x is too big a performance hit. Will using the enhance option do just that?

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yes same way if you want to change from default AA provided by nvidia. but there already is AA in bioshock 2 official nvidia profile. just use overide AA in control panel and it works. however, some other AA flags for unreal 3 engine (you can see them in original post) give better performance at no noticeable visual quality loss, while some will make the graphics corupted. i played it with the one i recommend for most u3 games, and it was fine on release.(i had bioshock 2 preordered on steam).

enhance does what it says, it adds AA on top of in game AA. So no point in enhancing if the in game setting has no AA. Most games that nvidia forces enhance only mode, either have no AA support, or they use some shader based AA form (not true AA). thats the case with metro, it doesnt use real MSAA, so nvidia doesn't have overide for it. it wouldn't doo anything, especially in dx11, which has no AA flags so far.

In general, enhance AA is something i rarely use. i just don't see any point in it. sticking to in game AA, or using overide with in game AA off, is what i generally recommend.

An exception is when a game has in game AA, and turning it off while using overide in control panel doesn't get any AA, then enhance is useful. (example NFS:shift)

if you want to remove the enhance only limit, you need to use nv inspector, or the sli tool. nvinspector is much easier though, so i suggest that. However, i doubt you wil be able to get MSAA in metro2033 unless you use dx9

i would assume the stalker AA flag will work for dx9 version of metro, but thats supersampling, so be prepared for a nice framerate hit :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    :nerd:
    put this in aa 0x000D02C4 and set overide in inspector
    and disable aa in game

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    If you read what I wrote that's just what I did... ;)

Enhance AA -> I love using this for transparency AA.

9. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Ok i got AA in Bioshock 2 to work ...

LOOKS great ;0)

Thanks ...

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    enjoy :)

11. desmoflex

desmoflex New Member

Hi Darren, are you aware that driver 263.09 works with nhancer 2.5.9? i saw that at the combatace.com forum. i couldnĀ“t check by myself.
    thx flex

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @desmoflex - I'm sure they were the drivers that I installed when I got my GTX 580 and nHancer definitely didn't work when I tried it. Maybe I was doing something wrong though?

13. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    sorry if this was answered but how to make this appear? I cant seem to find any tutorials :/

[​IMG]

14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    all the tutorial you need for those settings to apear is to read the first post, especially the first 5 or so lines :D

if that doesn't help, then post back.

15. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    the first post doesent say anything to me theres no proper explanation. I made the part I dont understand black.

I know how to get to the profile screen. I just dont understand where to find AA compatibility tab to input those settings. should it be enabled through smth?.

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    In the original post I bolded the only piece of information that is required for the settings to appear, because people already asked this same thing before in other places. And somehow you managed to bold a totally different part, and remove bolding from where it was :D i would consider that a reading fail on your part, not an error in the guide ;)

you need to start nvidia inspector with administrator rights. I assume your on win7 and don't have the full admin account enabled. right click on inspector and press run as administrator.

does that make sense now ? :nerd:

if that isn't the issue, then post back. :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  17. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    I always read posts properly. if it would contain the answer I wouldnt ask this question.

and yes I tryed running in admin mod.

maybe you could make a video tutorial?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  18. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal)
    If you use the latest version (1.9.4.3) it automaticly requests admin rights for profile settings dialog.

Your problem might be that you dont have extracted ALL files from the zip archive. The containing XML file is there for a reason. ;-)

19. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Yes hehe :nerd:

20. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    ah I see I thought that those were some sort of reame or smth :p

I only extracted the exe file from the rar maybe thats the problem. will try when get home from work.