Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

Current implementation needs different AA Bits (or with your words hacks) to get blur free SSAA in many games, but it doesn't mean with a proper implementation blur free SGSSAA will be impossible sometime like AMDs SGSSAA. And by the way can you answer JimBobbs question?

Which games exactly do you refer? AMD profiles are closed, if you change the exe from another game you might be able to apply this game profile in order to get AA working. This isn't different to changing AA Bits basically, it's just the only way on AMD cards currently since their profiles aren't accessible to everyone. I don't see how it proves they are using game hacks to get a free of blur SGSSAA. I don't think they apply hacks manually to hundreds of games to get a blur free SSAA. I think their implementation basically works in a different way and that's our goal to have on Nvidia cards as well. They could release it with their SGSSAA tool inofficially.

That has nothing to do with it. DX10+ games doesn't allow driver forced AA mode not matter if MSAA or SSAA.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. NaturalViolence

NaturalViolence Guest

GPU:
    EVGA/GTX260 C216/896MB
    ?

I think I understand what you're trying to say but I'm not totally sure. The framework doesn't support it as a fixed function but that doesn't mean it can't be done. You can still do it through a custom shader or through custom hardware.

Yes. That was the point I was making.

Because if you change the name of the .exe you can fix/break the blurriness (and other issues) on some games. So obviously they are applying some per-game hacks just like with MSAA.

And your right it does work different, it's a hell of a lot easier for them to support their method of SSAA then it would be for nvidia to officially support SGSSAA.

Sure you could "fix" SGSSAA that way. But that would require releasing a new chip. AMDs advantage is that they have dedicated hardware for it, nvidia doesn't.

And I don't understand JimBobbs post. The sentences are extremely fragmented.

3. leaker

leaker Guest

GPU:
    lulz
    3DCenter suggests "0x004010C1" but as I said it causes problems with the Breencasts, plus it makes the game a little blurry (not as blurry as without the bits, but it's not as sharp as without SGSSAA either).

"0x000010C1" doesn't cause any issues but it continues to be a little blurry. :(

4. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

Have you manually adjusted the LOD? Do you have Comparison Screenshots? It may well be the in-game Motion Blur is normal, since the AA Bits not help also.

5. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

Once again, which games do your refer? Which games currently are blurred with SSAA and can be solved with a different exe on AMD cards? That's a serious question because I really have no clue what games you are trying to point out.

What dedicated hardware unit do you mean and how is it correlated with the Blur? Do you have a link to an explanation?

6. leaker

leaker Guest

GPU:
    lulz
    Yes.

Yes.

8x MSAA + 8x TrSSAA (sharp):
    [​IMG]

8x MSAA + 8x SGSSAA + default AA bits + -1.5 LOD (very blurry):
    [​IMG]

8x MSAA + 8x SGSSAA + 0x000010C1 AA bits + -1.5 LOD (less blurry, but still not as sharp as it should be):
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what you mean.. Motion blur shouldn't cause any blur when I'm not moving.

7. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

Please use this "0x400010D9"
    NVIDIA uses already AA-Bits officially, so as not to endanger the Compatibility should be enabled this. If not crispy enough, they need the In-Game Motion Blur to disable.
    [​IMG]

Default-Driversettings:
    [​IMG]

With new AA Bits:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  8. NaturalViolence

NaturalViolence Guest

GPU:
    EVGA/GTX260 C216/896MB
    Not sure if they fixed it (it's been about a year since I've used an amd card) but mass effect 2 was like that when it came out. And eve online still is. You need to rename them to ut3.exe so that it applies the correct HDR profile, otherwise it won't work. And for some reason in eve online it causes blurring unless you use the edge detect filter, and this is after they added the auto lod bias.

Just google it, you'll find what you're looking for. AMD has talked about it a few times. AMDs version USUALLY only blurs if the negative lod bias is not applied. But if you search around the net you'll find some games where that is not the case. I'm not sure on the specifics of how it works exactly but it oversamples the framebuffer somehow and it's a fixed piece of hardware (I think I remember them saying it was embedded into the ROPs but I can't say for sure).

9. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000
    SHIFT2 with 0x000010C1 (SGSSAA) makes whole screen blurry, dark and desaturated.

Using 0x004010C1 removes those blurriness and makes color vibrant.
    no need to go up to 4XSGSSAA, just 2xMSAA with 2XSGSSAA, you see no jaggies. (constant 60fps in daytime, vsync on, 40fps ~ 60fps in night race
    with my setup without SLI)
    yes, it comes with those weird white thingy on the very left side of screen as well as 0x000010C1,
    but Gamma correction AA : "OFF" reduces those white lighting considerably.
    I think it's HDR dependent, somtimes you see it, sometimes you don't, depending on the course.

it would've been absolute photo-mode quality beauty without those light abnormalities.

DEAD SPACE with 0x000010C1 (SGSSAA) also makes perfect supersampled screen, no blurriness even WITH in-game blur ON, maintaining in-game motion blur effect.
    4XMSAA with 4XSGSSAA is recommended since the game is not performance demanding.

I'll post some screenies of mine later today.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  10. leaker

leaker Guest

GPU:
    lulz
    Neither 0x4000010D9 or additionally disabling motion blur make absolutely any difference. It's still blurry. :(

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah OK cheers.. and regarding Fallout NV, I was trying to find out if HDR works with AA in this game.
    There is an AA compatibility flag but I don't know how it affects the game as there's no description.

12. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

For me not:
    8xMSAA:
    [​IMG]
    8xSGSSAA:
    [​IMG]
    Better to not get to it.

13. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Can´t get aa to work in Dead Space with this profile ?

0x004030C0 works but its very blurry and 4 x msaa and 4 x sgssaa kills my SLI setup 25 - 30 FPS ...

Update : 0x004030C0 looks really nice when 2xmsaa and 2xsgssaa is applied 120 FPS ... 4xaa kills performance

14. DaKamikaz

DaKamikaz Member

GPU:
    2x Asus 8800 Ultra 768mb
    Concerning crysis 2, does anyone know if there's a fix yet for AA on sli? I've tried almost every possible method there is (also several compatibility values incl 0x000012C1), and still nothing.

Crysis2 on 1 8800 ultra:
    [​IMG]

Crysis2 on 2x8800 ultra sli (As you notice, no decent AA.. Beside that, flickering is almost gone, still some when dead and on some spots):
    [​IMG]

Using 267.24 beta with nvidia slipatch (tried 270.51, other drivers, evga slipatch, etc.. same problem).

15. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You posted same image twice ;)

I was clever enough to assume the other image should end with 'with_sli' and viewed it directly.

Definitely an issue.

16. DaKamikaz

DaKamikaz Member

GPU:
    2x Asus 8800 Ultra 768mb
    Yeah I know, edited my post instantly, but I guess you were already viewing the old unedited one ;)

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is it even possible to get AA working in Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, an OpenGL-based game? I've tried the 0x0000F0C1 flag and it doesn't appear to work at all; a shame really because other than the jaggies this is still a damn fine looking game IMO.

18. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

I double checked and it was 0x004010C0, not 0x000010C1..... oops, my bad....

try 4 x msaa and 4 x sgssaa with 0x004010C0, you'll never see your fps drop below 60fps.

Shift2 with 2xMSAA + 2xSGSSAA, resized from 1920 1080 for the screenshot thread purpose though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do u see the violet spot on top left corner of the picture? that's the light abnormality caused by forced AA.
    sometimes it gets worse.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  19. Twilight

Twilight Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP
    Could you please post a screenshot with all your Inspector settings, these look amazing,

20. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Does anyone have a AA profile for Borderlands .. ?