nvidia 76.45!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sjh220, May 3, 2005.

1. sjh220

sjh220 Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 Ultra XXX
  2. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Nice, though I'll wait for other's reviews before I try them, but if they're the same as the 76.44's with a few improvements, then another download seems inevitable :).

3. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru

how long we must waiting yet on this drivers?

De: fdrsoft
    A: ralf
    Posté le: Mar Mai 03, 2005 2:15 pm
    Sujet: Re: 76.45 drivers
    Hello
    Maybe today,or tomorrow.
    thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  4. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    woohoo! i don't see it on frontpage yet?

5. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    I have only two reactions :
    (1)So late ???
    (2)Already ??

i'm going to wait till i get some reviews ... :D

6. MisterGeese

MisterGeese Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS-GTX 980TI
    MAYBE the set is password protected again...

so wait and see...

7. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    everyone seems to be waiting......someone post some reviews,atleast those with broadbands...:)

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Hmmm 76.45....build is probably older than 76.50...or practically the same. :D

9. Shabaco

Shabaco Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    hehe do they have a slow upload speed?

10. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    76.50 are bugged, so these only have to be newer and better than 76.44.

Last edited: May 5, 2005

11. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    I wonder what the date of this driver is...

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    76.50 is bugged??? Thats strange they work perfect for me. I really dont think they are bugged. Probably just not the best driver for your system.

13. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    No, not just for my system. Lots of people are having problems with them.

Just because not everybody is affected by those bugs doesn't mean they aren't bugged.

14. adrichardson

adrichardson Guest

From what I've seen over at TweaksRUs, 76.50 is missing files (which they had to scrounge from 76.44).

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    My point exactly its not the driver...some people dont have luck with WHQL drivers straight from nvidias site. Not all systems are the same..so people will end up with different findings when using drivers. And dont take offense i did not say it was YOUR system as pointing it out. Its like i stated above...some drivers just dont get along on some PC's. It was nothing for you to take offense...and im not saying your pc is the problem, because im sure other drivers work just fine for you.

Last edited: May 4, 2005

16. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    I know exactly what you mean GhostXL. I had lots of blue screens and in the end I couldn't even boot to windows with 76.10 and I didn't say they were bugged. This was probably only my problem.

But now I'm saying that 76.50 are bugged because I repeatedly experienced exactly the same problems that other people have reported only with this version.
    I don't say a driver is bugged just because I don't like it. I read and experienced more than enough to be sure that they are really bugged.

You don't need to trust me. Read a few 76.50 threads and you'll see for yourself.

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I know what your saying too. But the same number of people reporting problems the drivers work just fine for. So it does not justify the driver being buggy.

18. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    If Winamp played mp3 files with noise for half of its users but it didn't for the rest, would it be a bugged Winamp version?

Yes

What if we were talking about a program that flashes motherboards BIOS's or replaces the firmware of DVD writers?

You just need to trigger the bugs. If you don't good for you. But 76.50 wouldn't be any better than 76.44 even without its bugs. So what's the point?

19. marcocom

marcocom Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GX2
    I have to say that after five years of this since 3dfx cards, and after working at a graphics card company for TNT2Ultra and Geforce256 release (plus our FireGL1 card which i still own and lovingly look at...can u guess this company's name?) I can say with total confidence that GhostXL , you know more than many.

The truth is that the install is so varied that drivers are trully just 'qwerky' for ever. they do not install stable because ther is no way to anticipate the install order or 3rd party conditions of all available hardware and software test permutations. its really impossible (nvidia comes closest than any actually with a massive mainframe computerized testing system that simulates faster than anything ever supposedly. or so i have heard)

Drivers never install the same way twice. I have uninstalled and simply reinstalled the exact same driver and gotten completely different results and sometimes doubled my framerate. without a clean testbed OS, there is no real comparison.

20. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru