Nvidia 71.81!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Feb 15, 2005.

1. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

ahh
    remove the extra monitors mrblah

thats what i sed

2. sentientprogram

sentientprogram Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS AGP
    Running nice and smooth:) These are my new drivers.

3. biobak

biobak Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX
    That will decrease image quality and for me that's no real solution.

4. Paraman

Paraman Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4850
    I second that! I was using PureVideo 67.03 and my card / ambient temp was 59-60 / 39-40 Celsius usually. I downloaded and installed the 71.81 drivers and the temps immediately shot up to 72/45 degrees celsius. I uninstalled them and went back to 67.03 and guess what? Temps are back to normal levels.

I think I am going to stay away from this driver set forever. Can't afford to take the risk of frying my card.

5. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

mine 2

now just to get a working system

6. mrblah

mrblah Member

GPU:
    galaxy HD 7850
    there werent any extra monitors for me to remove since I already uninstalled the viewsonic drivers (which it wouldnt let me reinstall, it kept saying my monitor wasnt found and to go download the unsigned drivers). I eventually gave up after a 3rd install failure and after a couple hours the problem had fixed itself without me doing a single thing since

7. counter-strike

counter-strike Active Member

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    Ack! I can't run 3dmark03 on these, it quits after Wings of Fury. CS:Source and other games run fine though. I know, I know, benchmarks aren't meant to be played, but still...Ack!

8. Grahxen

Grahxen Guest

Guys just so you know, your GPU core temps arent actually increasing. I have already confirmed this using my thermal gun. The drivers are just reading incorrectly on certain boards, and bios revisions. Its nothing more then a software problem, and your cards arent running any hotter then they were before.

So stop worrying about the temp problem.

Grahxen

9. Malichite

Malichite Member

Yes there is actually something wierd with these drivers as far as the black screen upon load up or accessing the tools and yes MANY have reported this since 71.80 was rel'd. It seems to be related to the drivers trying to detect a TV. As mentioned on nvnews.net's forums, just click on the Force TV Detection and there go those annoying black screens that pop up tons.

Since I have a Mitsu/NEC FP2141SB, I really doubt the hypothesis that it only affect old crappy monitors. LOL.

-Malichite

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    That sometimes happens to me when I overclock.

11. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    I used a digital thermometer to measured the air temperature coming from the cooling fan housing on my GFX card with the 71.80's installed and it was 7*C higher than when i had the 67.03 drivers installed, that was installing one driver, measure, switch drivers and measure again...same room temp at the time as well.

ps, and a similar change in temperature was seen in the Driver Control Panel

12. Grahxen

Grahxen Guest

No way you can judge tempertures using a digital thermoter measuring air. Sticking it inside your case and testing the air coming off gpu with it isnt accurate to say the least. I have a 500$ thermal gun used for just these purposes, thermal monitoring etc.

You may want to test that thermoter on yourself cause i think you have a fever :)

13. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

strange

14. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    My method detected a 7*C change in temperature with a corresponding change in the nVidia Control Panel, yours didn't find any....i think i'll go on what i found just to be on the safe side. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  15. faustus69

faustus69 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce FX 5600XT 256 Mb.
    I fixed the problem with screen flickering in the advanced options easily ---> DEACTIVATE COOLBITS (I did this with NVHardpage)

16. dickparker

dickparker Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultra 256mb
    Nvidiia 71.81 with Flight Simulator

The frame rates appear to be very good, but the screen goes black before returning to normal on every change of view, especially using the navigation program, FSNavigator. I am returning to 71.25 WHQL

17. Shaman391

Shaman391 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 66GT 128mb@600/1320 1.6ns
    71.81 is not the best for Fx, install 67.66 and you'll see the different :)

18. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

these are really better for my FX

19. provoko

provoko Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    So what is everyone doing about not being able to control refresh rates? The nvidia refresh rate manager isnt there for 71.81 and refroce doesn't work.

Does 71.21 work with reforce because I think I'll switch to that. Maybe I'll just go back to same old 67.02 because being able to control refresh rate is my first priority. I can't stand playing anything in 60hz.

20. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Just download NVtweak from the Guru3D Download Section. It has all the options of CoolBits and enables all hidden tabs/tweaks put in by NVidia.