Nvidia 71.81!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Feb 15, 2005.

1. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

and metals thats not what i meant

its a refresh rate issue in the drivers

if your main desktop is at something over 70hertz

then when you load the nv control panel it switchs back to 60hz then back to 70+ again,..

it happens on my old compaq with all drivers

2. FragFest

FragFest New Member

I went from 18750 to 17500 aquamark points (tested 3 times) on my 5600, so i'm back to the 71.80

3. John_R

John_R New Member

GPU:
    Asus Extreme N6800 Ultra (6800 Ultra)
    Screen Flicker

This also give me the screen flicker on my Viewsonic P95f+ which I NEVER had using the 71.2x.

You guys are the experts so what's up with this screen flicker and how do we stop it?

Back to Asus 71.24 WHQL!

John

4. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

um... did you turn off any features

5. mrblah

mrblah Member

GPU:
    galaxy HD 7850
    augh this driver is horrible. I get the screen refresh thing as well. And my monitor is not old, I have a new viewsonic p95f+, its not as new as a tft but its definately new as far as crt's go.

Does anyone elses screen go off then on when they delete a movie file? It doesnt happen when you just drag the file to the recycle bin, you need to actually press the delete key. I think this might be due to the nview option when you right click a movie file and it lets you choose which monitor you want to play it on.

Everytime I rightclick on the desktop the screen refreshes, everytime I delete a movie file the screen refreshes (this is WEIRD), everytime I go into the nvidia controls the screen refreshes, everytime I do anything that brings up an nvidia menu the screen refreshes. Horrible.

Im just guessing but I think it has to do with nView, thats the only new menu item I see when the screen gets refreshed (except when I delete movie files, I dont know what the hell thats about). Is there a way to disable it? Im only using one monitor, but the monitor is plugged into port 2 since port1 is digital, I wonder if nview is trying to "find" the primary monitor

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  6. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

uninstall the driver and run driver cleaner then reinstall

7. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    Re: Screen Flicker

Yep I get the same problem with the same Monitor.

8. John_R

John_R New Member

GPU:
    Asus Extreme N6800 Ultra (6800 Ultra)
    Screen Flicker

I used Driver Cleaner Pro between dirver installs in safe mood and still get the screen flicker!

9. duma

duma Guest

Just put my 0.02cents into this..

I get this change of refresh rate when I go into the Advance Display Properties when I have Refresh rate Overrides set. When I set this to Applications Control Refresh Rates the problem doesn't seem to appear.. of course with all Nvidia drivers your milage may vary..

The 71.81 drivers appear good to me. The water issue in HL2 appears to be fixed. Though I do lose some Aquamark points and 3dMark03 points. Heat has not changed on my 6600GT.
    I came from 71.24 Gigabyte drivers ( prior to this was on 67.66 )

So far so good..

Cheers

10. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

hmm,..

are you installing the monitor drivers?

it could also be becoz this driver installs multiple monitors into the device manager

remove them and see if that fixes it

11. mrblah

mrblah Member

GPU:
    galaxy HD 7850
    well I figured out how to disable nview desktop stuff, that fixed my rightclicking on the desktop and then getting my screen refreshed. But my screen still refreshes when I delete movie files and go into nvidia controls

12. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

strange

is it really a problem though

coz i've lived with it on my compaq monitor for ages till i got my new monitor and it wasn't really an issue

13. duma

duma Guest

Thanks for the suggestion {HLH}..

Removed the monitor drivers, and confirmed only one monitor being reported in Device manager.. rebooted and problem is there when I enable Refresh rates overrides.

Reinstalled the monitor drivers ( Sony 19inch ), and retested. Can recreate the problem easily with or without the monitor drivers.

Having said that I experience the issue, to me it isn't much of a problem. I can live with it :D

14. mrblah

mrblah Member

GPU:
    galaxy HD 7850
    now I cant reinstall my monitor driver, it says "your monitor is not found" during installation

15. SheapChit

SheapChit Active Member

GPU:
    2x8800GT 512MB SLI
    OK, one "freaky" thing noted.
    When you check the basic info about your card, and you have an AGP based card, what does the line "Bus:" say about your card.

Mine says I have a PCI x0!!! (And it is an AGP x8 card.)
    Are theese drivers intended for PCIe cards only?

16. GOZ

GOZ Guest

NFSU 2 plays out nice on this driver:D

17. Relly

Relly Guest

I want to play a cs 1.6, whit my geforce4 mx 440 ddr de 64mb, and i have slow fps, i dowload the last forceware nvidia drivers and i´ts same..
    Sory my english, buy i from argentina.

GL

18. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    SheapChit if i remember correctly you would have to install your gart driver for your motherboard.

19. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    ok guys i looked at all these posts , and in general everyone seems to like this driver. I tried the 71.80's on my 6800gt and liked them alot till i got to the game halo, (missing textures), so i went back to my 71.20's. since then halo came out with a manual download update version 1.06, and many claimed this fixed the halo problem with the 71.80's. My question is which driver should i use for my new bfg ultra oc thats being delivered tommorow, 71.80 or 71.81?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  20. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    67.03's still run better than any 7x.xx for me. Tried installing these and noticed my idle temps increased way to much for my liking (and I'm not going to overclock 2d settings just to get Beta Quadro drivers to operate properly on a vid card they werern't optimized for)and games weren't running as good. Back to good old solid and reliable 67.03's.