Nvidia 71.81!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Feb 15, 2005.

1. xufos

xufos New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 GT 256MB @ 400/1100
    The "leaked" driver is never mean to be accessed by public. Those driver are for beta tester and developers.

If you found bug in the leaked driver, is a normal thing. Reporting bug, yes, but don't complain or make judgements based to that. Just stick to official driver on nvidia's website.

2. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    71.81's gave me an 8 degree rise in Idle temps over 71.25s to 60 degs.
    67.66s gave crap 3D mark 05 scores (300 lower than 71.25s)

Gonna Stick now with 71.25s and hope NVIDIA come out with a new driver release soon...

3. tweakmaster420

tweakmaster420 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970 Crossfire
    heh, will the day ever come when people stop using 3dmark as a base for thier decision on keeping a driver..lol:rolleyes:

tech demos with a point system are not what you bank on.

sorry,, i just laugh when i see a post like..
    "lost 200 3dmarks, rolling back..lmao:rolleyes:

stability and playability is what i look for, and IQ is a must.

these drivers seem very responsive on the desktop to me compared to the 71.24 i was using before.

well back to testing many games.. ill let know of any bugs.

PS- Why are people still so worried about the temps?
    its just a software problem..THE CARD IS NOT PHYSICALY RUNNING HOTTER,AS I HAVE A PHYSICAL HARDWARE MONITOR IN A 5 1/2" BAY. Reads 39c idle as i type..;)

4. Metalschmitz

Metalschmitz Banned

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB XXX
    So guys, this driver made a lot of trouble....

So I think the conclusion from this thread is:

- This driver for sure is not an official NVIDIA release, else they would have put it on their page here they still have 66.93
    http://www.nvidia.de/object/winxp_2k_66.93_de

N-Zone does delivers the 67.66 beta driver as latest driver, but its still a beta.....

Though it is beta I think n-zone has it as download as it is the most stable driver past the 66.93, I think.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_67.66.html

- This driver is not free of Errors, though some people don`t encounter any.......

- If you don`t choose a 6x.xx Driver it seems that the 71.2x driver seem do hold less problems (in overall) than the 71.81 (except for Aztec grass bug in CS)

And I have though by myself, that those 7x.xx drivers are
    either better for the professional GeForce cards (Quadro....) as some state or they are a new test series from NVIDIA to make a better shader implementation in the drivers. The last guess is because mainly the Shader performance was increased (well it seemed to me like this cause of the different 3DMark scores, even though they are not really peresentative) on the 7x.xx drivers which also would explain the water error in HL2 as well as the aztec grass bug..... (maybe something went wrong here ?!?)

But I still hope that nvidia will give a NEW AND OFFICIAL DRIVER SET.

By the way I NEVER EVER experienced ANY problems with an OFFICIAL Nvidia driver on any card, and can on stick to those guys who already posted that all other drivers should be uses with care....

:O

And concerning the 200 points in a 3d mark I totally agree with Tweakmaster :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005

5. lord_lad

lord_lad Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce NX8800GTS 320MB OC
    this release did nothing for me........not performance increase/decrease.......not high temp, absolutely nothing changes over my driver which is 6703

6. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    The 67.03's are still the best for me. Then again i didn't try the 71.20's. Those seem like the best of both worlds.

7. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW

take your point but if there is no noticable difference in gameplay/stability then surely you are better with drivers that give higher benchmark scores (or maybe i don't understand).

Please explain what other things i need to look out for apart from artifacts because i am not noticing anything obvious. I would also like to know what IQ stands for as well.

As for temps i'm just cautious as several people have reported physical increases in temp using thermal guns. As i don't have one i am just relying on what i read..

8. Metalschmitz

Metalschmitz Banned

GPU:
    Well first off a driver which is better in a certain benchmark has not to be better in a game. Because these are optimizations most the time.....
    If you don`t have artifacts, check for harsh performance drops (sth like 120 Fps down to 20 or compareable)
    Things you can see in games when a fast scenen is becoming very drowsy in a short time period.
    Drivers should better hold a constant frame rate than give u a bosst up to 200fps and than drop down to 25.

Next thing are texture corruptions or weird looking GFX besides the artifacts (strange colors stc)

And last but not least check for crashes.

If nothing of that occurs to you and you are feeling good with the drivers yuo have just keeo them ;)

But I also would like to ask the question about IQ ;)

9. Pigeon381

Pigeon381 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 6800 @ 380/819
    IQ = Image Quality ;)

10. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    Thanks...

11. Metalschmitz

Metalschmitz Banned

GPU:
  12. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

a rumour i've heard is that the 75 series will have fully implemented Opebgl 2.0 instead of OpenGL 1.5.3

13. Metalschmitz

Metalschmitz Banned

GPU:
    sounds interesting...
    what does it exactly feature?

14. foofi

foofi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900 GT 550/1630 VIVO
    perfect driver with Chronicle of Riddick and Splinter Cell Chaos Theorie demo - 75.90 is s***. ;)

15. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

ah but that is the first release of 75 series :p

16. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    the 75.90 driver seems to be working alright on my system,did a few benchies 3dmark03 ,cs source vid stress,just a tad higher than the 71.81,s IQ no different to my eyes. won,t bother with the results as theres really no gain ,but i have no hassels with them ,temps are normal

my sexy new GT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/zimz/d316a66c.jpg

17. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    So u dont have a temp problem with the 76.90 driver?

18. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    76.90 ???? no temps problems with any of the beta drivers

19. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    Does that mean we'll get a performance increase in OpenGL games like Doom 3?

20. rclenhardt

rclenhardt Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce6800 GT OC 256MB DDR3
    Just a note to let others with the NV 3x series of cards that this driver is an excellent choice. WHQL and all for those afraid of the betas. Enjoying all games without any problems. These were an upgrade from the 67.03 for me.