NVIDIA 6800 Ultra -> Quadro 4000 and our friend

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Azio, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Azio

Azio Member

GPU:
    6800 ultra 2600 (gainward)
    Hi Guru3d, and most importantly Mr unwinder,

I am currently a new member of guru3d, but you know, ive been about... Ive been using computers a long time now (x8086 XT :) )and i really admire whats been going on here (yes ive just read all 10 pages) :)

I think that what unwinder came accross was something special that he didnt neccessarily have to share; but luckily for him he has the gift of seeing "beautiful ideas" or "patterns" in other peoples experiences.

I also understand that rivatuner has been in development for sometime now, and that unwinder has dedicated several years of his life, and many hours of pain decoding his programs (as well as other peoples).

I recently become addicted to guru3d since my new Nvidia 6800 Ultra arrived (it was a gainward 2600 ) - OMG - the problems, dont get me started... (although ive been here in and out since my geforce for detonators and so forth! :))

Anyhow, sorry to ramble but there is a point coming here... So i managed to fix the problems with freezing / install correct drivers and get some general tips at optimizing my 6800u gs card . The VERY LAST thing i was expecting was a Quadro 4000 conversion , wow, it made me laugh and it is definately a great great thing for all the graphics designers out there using opengl based renderers (god its 6am, no it cant be)...

Uuh... yeah so i was just so happy to see that unwinder was kind enough to share this stuff with us..

and then i read what laverdir said and :(
    and then i read what unwinder said.. and :(

ffs i cant blame unwinder either!

I am an abomination of a C coder and i know what its like when your trying to help people - and share - and enjoy basically good code thats worth good money in the hands of a fat businessman... but thats been prevented it would seem? That is very sad and i hope that the community here can re-gain unwinders faith ..

Anyway, thanks very much laverdir who has posted 23 posts..

and BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks for unwinder who has

a) shared the knowledge.
    b) been more than patient and understanding with all those that wanted to beta test.
    c) posted 103.875 posts to each post that this laverdir dood
    d) provided us with such a bloody good tool for so long
    e) been loyal to the people rather than getting in bed with the big business peeps.
    f) cmmon we know the **** above is just too rare to find these days..
    g) I KNOW a lot of you want to give this man credit, why havent you :)

Furthermore, i do not mean to flame, i doubt that even this laverdir is either a) a member anymore or b) really gives a sh*t about unwinders or our feelings!!

I will continue to afrequent guru3d and will check in regularly now - I think I like the community and I hope that unwinder doesnt stop developing the absolutely cool stuff he does - and that people never stop helping eachother out here and in the internet computing community!

Thanks again,
    Azio

====================================
    A64 3500+,
    Asus A8v Deluxe Rev 2,
    Corsair xms3200xl DDR400 (2x512MB)
    Gainward Geforce 6800 Ultra Golden Sample (2600)
    WD raptor :)
    ====================================
    email: azio@azio.org or azio@btinternet.com

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for this huge posting, man ;)

3. Azio

Azio Member

GPU:
    hey man thats ok! i got dedication, still reading, fascinating! :)

kind regards

Azio

4. Azio

Azio Member

GPU:
    im guessing (sorry if this is a bad place to post) - that:

those people already with 6800 ultra's like myself that have
    A1,16x1 6vp already will only need the bios and softmod to enable the quadro 4000 :)), but seriously man
    it is difficult to keep up with all the ideas solutions and variations/results, how you do it i have no idea :)

thanks again,

azio (a.k.a. the spammer :))

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004

5. Azio

Azio Member

GPU:
    anyway i need to drag myself from the pc!!! help!!!!

thanks again unwinder!

good luck with your next rc!

6. jacamo

jacamo New Member

Hello
    Anzio I'm also new to the forum but have been lurking for sometime. I agree 110% about your comments about Unwinder Very well said.
    Unwinder, Thank you for all your work & generosity
    Kudo's on a job well done
    Cheers
    Jacamo