nvidia 56.64s and Far Cry

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Mar 17, 2004.

1. MoodyB

MoodyB Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 6870 IceQ
    The 1.1 patch has added more gfx problems for NV users than it fixed ( take a look at the FarCry Tech support forum ). Flickering textures, broken shadows, glitching polygons, etc... and worse performance in most cases ( though Radeon users report better performance than v1.0 ). An alt-tab to the desktop and then back to the game will temporarily fix gfx corruption, but I'd just uninstall the patch ( run the installer again ) and wait for the next one :)

2. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    Far Cry

Hi

Well so far my gaming in Far Cry has been a blast with the 56 drivers and I have everything on "Very High" settings.
    I have no overclocking, well for some reason my videocard runs at 417 Mhz at default.
    Should add that I haven't had any corrupted graphics or anything and/or slowdowns.
    I do have the 1.1 patch also.

Klave

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  3. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    What resolution do you play in Klave? I can't even run smooth enough with settings on High... I play in 1024x768 minimum.

...Must be that A64 3400+ huh? Or the gig of ram...

4. Project2501

Project2501 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP
    I flashed back to 5900 NU same results. No improvement, still some minor graphical bugs. I think i'll stick with this normal NU BIOS and run it at a lower OC, just feels safer to me :] It's not that much of a gain in performance to do the complete flash.

If FarCry was a good game, I'd be upset. However, Splinter Cell 2 > FarCry. If you guys think FarCry is decent, you really owe it to yourselves to try SC2.

5. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I dont know how you guys are running it on high settings?If i run on high it looks like i got a tnt2 card.this game turns my computer into mush.And i have no problems running anything else at all.call of duty and ut2004 run in hight 100s fps.

6. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    Settings

Hi again.

I've been running in 1024 resolution.

I do think that the total amount of system memory is veeery important in this game.

I've been trying during the last hour of gameplay ( I am at the junctions in Far Cry) to find any "out of order graphics" while playing and it's just smooth.

7. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    Splinter Cell

Just played the demo and it was awesome with the train effect and it was really real how fast it was moving while climbing beneath the train.:)
    wow....

8. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    wow 910?

Hey project 2501.

910 of memory speed (as I asume it is) is a really high setting of o/c.
    The safest most o/c settings that has been done in testing is 400 i.e. 2 x 400 = 800.

My settings are like this: Core GPU 417 mhz and memory @ 706
    i.e. I have no overclock at all :)

9. MoodyB

MoodyB Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 6870 IceQ
    Try lowering the sound settings in FarCry to see if that helps. The poor performance could be because of your onboard audio ( can suck up resources )

10. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Na, not for me, it was just the game needed a patch no jumping with 1.1 and the game loads a whole lot faster (no more waiting 1-2min for the game to load, though I did notice the patch caused other problems as well, when I am outside sometimes I get strange textures(rainbow colored) or the tree textures just are not right, inside on the other hand looks amazing, the poles that where not so shiny now shine when the Flashlight is pointed at them, even the rusted pipes have a certain sheen, and the game runs fantastic, now if I lower my OC I have less problems outside, but still there are some.

11. Project2501

Project2501 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP
    Re: wow 910?

Hey bro, I don't have a 5900XT. It's a 5900NU. Meaning stock is 400/850 (Memory @ 425 x 2). :]

Coolbits auto-detects 430/910 as being the safest speeds.

12. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Ok with the patch 1.1 you can leave all to max but turn specail effects to med. Then opengl is great.

13. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    The coloured textures come from the patch, because before i installed the 1.1 patch I had no corruption what so ever, even on the Far cry forum most user's are complain about the strange texutures they get during game play ... It's a fanatic game and all but a bit buggy if you ask me..=/

14. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    I thought it was better outside b4 the patch and inside after the patch, maybe the next patch will get it right, who knows, but crytech.

15. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    It's vica versa for because each new map or area plays different its hard to judge..I just hate the annoying glitches, I usually have to alt-tab when this happens and recovers once i alt-tab back.. annoying thou.

16. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    It is really not that bad on mine, I had not even thought to try the Alt-Tab thing, It only happens on the trees when I do not go above 500mhz on the core, and then it is like 5% of the trees at that. buggy POS, still a good engine when they get it fixed right.

17. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    Onboard.

Hi

Yes,,the onboard audio can cause problems to my knowledge.
    Try to disable it in the BIOS for a moment and see if it helps.

IMHO I would not use the onboard audio and instead get a soundcard, many cheap good ones out there today:) and disconnect the onboard audio.

klave

18. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    Runs smooth as slick on very high and with ps 2.0(confrimed in the system config). Did get the weird rainbow colors after the patch, but a quick restart fixed it all. I have splinter cell2 but as yet have not loaded it, I am really sucked in with this game. BTW if you find that you want a quick save/load patch see my post in the games fourms. I find that this helps as the auto save still works(which I use unless I become really, really stuck in a place) and play through just to see if it plays out differently, and dam it does. The AI in this game is awesome (when it works right) which is most of the time. This game rules! :p

19. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    This game dont even compare to call of duty and i get 100-250 fps in that.The only real looking thing in the whole game is the water.The trees and landscape look fake as anything.

20. ludde

ludde Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 9800pro 128MB 420/380
    dont take this wrong but you dont have a clue what you are talking about :)
    100-250fps in COD, gee i wonder why you get that? ;)

about opengl and special effects, i can have special effects on very high without any problems on my gf4 card with these drivers.
    the demo got ****ed with anything above low on special effects but the retail works perfect.
    but i really dont need the special effects thing, i honestly dont care about a lens that reflects my background and things like that. i take the fps boost i get from having it on low anyday :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004