Nvidia 450.12 WHQL for Win10 x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Hi @EugeneJackKhoros,

Thank you for the screenshot. I too use Aida64 extreme but was not aware I could check the info as you have demonstrated. I have exactly the same displayed as you in the screenshot.

So, if I uninstall the latest Vulkan, the info in the screenshot should revert back to the API & .dll previously installed by the Nvidia driver, yes? That would indeed verify that the new .dll at least was being used by the GPU driver (I can always reinstall the latest after verification has been done).

Again, not trying to discredit, just trying to be sure I'm not a 'Placebo Junkie' & my perceived stability increase in RDR2 is valid (I had random Vulkan crashing which now seems to have stopped since using your provided Vulkan library update link).

Thanks to all for your individual input...

2. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Sorry, English is not my native language, so I don’t understand everything, and Google translates in a peculiar way ... Vulkan DLLs are also installed with the driver. There are files in the driver installation package:
    [​IMG]
    They install the same as the installer by link
    https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  3. tsubasa

tsubasa New Member

GPU:
    gtx 970
    I'm on 19041.113 and I tried the 445.23 and 450.12(DHC and Standard) drivers clean install but never the get Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling option in the Graphics settings window.
    I also tried what one of the other users here said worked for him, installed 442.50 then 445.23 and finally 450.12 still the option doesn't appear.

Is the GTX 970 supported by this feature? If it is is there something else on my system blocking it?

Can anyone confirm if the registry edit method from here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-windows-10-a.html works as possible work around for not having the UI option?

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    maxwell is not supported.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    How is GPU Scaling supposed to work? When I turn it on and select a lower resolution it simply makes my display area smaller meaning I get black bars all around the screen. Is this really intentional? If I check desktop scaling options they are greyed out and set to "no scaling"

6. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    Most definitely not... driver is almost ~2 months old already and it lacks some features of offical driver like fps limiter... Yeh i wish nVidia would release beta drivers for 2004 more frequently...

7. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Looks like the core clock gets stuck after opening a video with MPC-BE even after closing the program, it won't go any lower than 1350 Mhz.
    Is there any software to check which application is keeping the GPU from idling? I am pretty sure it's MPC-BE but it would be great if there was a way to confirm this, I find it weird that it won't clock down even after closing the program.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    445 is the next driver, as confirmed by manuelg when he mentioned a fix for a game that was coming.

9. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    is there any website where i can check if there is any new insider drivers?
    I mean It can't be found on Nvidia, there is little chance that It show up on Windows Update when you are in Insider (for me it only show up like one time and it was long time ago since then there is no new display drivers always some old crap like 441 etc)

If someone know then help please.

10. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Member

GPU:
    2xEVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Unfortunately no, also, the drivers would be released through Windows update anyway while in release preview so Someone would have to capture the files from that folder (As someone always does) Also, it would seem that the drivers are rolled out in stages as well, took a few days last month before I got 450.12 to pop up.

11. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Driver 450.12 is a test driver for 20H2 that is currently doing the fast ring rounds. The OS has also been released to a select few people outside of the fast ring. There are features in 20H2 and also in the 450.12 driver that rely on each other to function.

The 450.12 driver has been built around the new WDDM 2.7 architecture which is only available in 20H2.

Also the new implementation of 'GPU accelerated hardware scheduling' is only available in 20H2 as long as this driver is installed along side it.

The reason why this driver will not be general release until 20h2 is on Windows update for the masses. WDDM 2.7 is the big cahoona in the next release along with the new features mentioned amongst others not mentioned...

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    20h1 has it

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  13. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
  14. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I gotcha bro. Kind of like 20H1 gets released, 20H2 'Oh we meant to include this but it needed another 20 minutes in the oven'...

Wouldn't mind seeing an update to 450.12 that includes the latest Vulkan integrated instead of us having to do the legwork :cool:

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    445 will likely have the first user targetted vk 1.2 support.

ReaperXL2 likes this.

16. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    A file by reference is a re-upload of my file, which I published earlier on Wikipedia.
    (https://yadi.sk/d/JI-4_OHKQJAJnQ).
    I added PhysX-9.19.0218-SystemSoftware.exe to the archive to see who reloads this file XD

"Also the new implementation of 'GPU accelerated hardware scheduling' is only available in 20H2 as long as this driver is installed along side it." - This is not so, it is also available in 20H1 builds starting from version 18980

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    ReaperXL2, RobinTR and fr3quency like this.
  17. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
  18. Slonyara

Slonyara New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Installed 2004 from a mounted ISO as an upgrade to 1909, installed 450.12 (succeeded on the 2nd attempt).
    GPU accelerated hardware scheduling ON.
    Heavy stutter in World of Tanks, fixed by turning VSync on both in Nvidia CP and the game.
    Heavy stutter in GTA, not fixed, VSync or other settings didn't help.
    7 Days 2 Die (and probably other Unity games) works fine.

19. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    What is this memory leak that you speak of my friend? Can you elaborate on that a little please? I have been using 450.12 for some time now & do not believe I have had or currently have this issue. I am on the latest insider build if that makes any difference? I have also only encountered instability with relation to RDR2 which seemed to be resolved after updating Vulkan to the latest .dll (no more random crashes whilst using Vulkan to run the game)... With regard to micro freezes, I can not say I have encountered those either & I am running a myriad of games...

Further info would be appreciated ;)

Fyi : I am running my 1080ti at 2075 GPU clock in game (on occasion it will boost to 2088mhz) with +500 on the Vram without stability issues. Power stability is by way of AfterBurner Power Curve Editor...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  20. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Thanx buddy. I will keep eyes for that when playing & report any games that I nail down for that specific issue :cool: