Nvidia 450.12 WHQL for Win10 x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Jan 15, 2020.

1. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Anyone who will create a new theme in conjunction with the release of the next insider driver with WDDM 2.7, if you read this - please add the word "insider" to the theme name, as did earlier. It’s easier to find. Thanks!

P.S. You can also report in this thread about creating a new

HARDRESET likes this.
  2. SKIBA

SKIBA Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 / 6 GB
    I am always being updated to the latest available version, even if it's a beta version. :p

Sajittarius likes this.
  3. fr3quency

fr3quency Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    What is this "theme" you're talking about?

4. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    He means OP title

5. sean8102

sean8102 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Thanks for the heads up on this, had no idea Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling was a new thing in the insider builds of Windows 10. Would have never looked for it without coming across this post. I'm in the insider slow ring, currently on build 19041.84, installed the DCH version of this 450.12 driver and the Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling option showed up and I was able to enable it no problem under settings>system>display>graphics settings no problem. Not sure how much of a difference it's making, but haven't experienced any issues so far after playing/testing a hand full of games on my GTX 1080.

6. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the new vulkan api is included within this driver architecture. Not seen it mentioned anywhere so thought I would ask as I have been using this driver (insider installed) for a while now with great performance on my EVGA 1080ti SC2.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :cool:

7. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    The driver 450.12 includes vulkan 1.1.131. If you are interested in vulkan 1.2.131 - follow the link:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

8. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Thank you Eugene. Most helpful as I want to try it for performance with RDR 2...

EugeneJackKhoros likes this.
  9. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    By the way - literally today there came 442.36 vulkan driver

10. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Haha ! Typical eh? Well grabbed that too now so let us see if it/they improve things any :cool: Improvements will be reported back if any (game stability, performance etc.)...

EugeneJackKhoros likes this.

11. Robert84MK

Robert84MK New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti StrixOC
  12. phr0zbyte

phr0zbyte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super
    You have to download and install 442 nvidia drivers? or is there a vulkan only package somewhere. Because I'm still on 450

13. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
    "Download Latest Runtime"
    This will update all vulkan dll related systems in the system to the latest version. But it does not matter if the graphics driver does not support the latest version of vulkan

HARDRESET and phr0zbyte like this.
  14. hearnia_2K

hearnia_2K Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 2080 Super
    Hey guys,
    I was curious if anyone else played much Ride of the Tomb Riader on this driver? I gues smost likley not, being an older game.

I am getting a crash here at the Weather Station. I still have over 1GB VRAM available at the time, too.
    With hardware GPU scheduling on it hardlocks my machine. With it off, first time I had a CTD with a message saying there was a display driver error. Second time was a green screen of death, specifically saying thee was a video scheduler error.

Going to try an older driver, see how it goes.

Edit: Yep, going to 441.41 solves the issue. All works now.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    could someone explain the diff. between DHC drivers and the normal ones?
    is there a diff.? besides one is out of teh win store and an universal app and teh other is a normal installable driver??

THX

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Functionally there's no difference.
    What is the difference between NVIDIA Standard and DCH Display Drivers?

Functionally, there is no difference between NVIDIA’s Standard and DCH drivers. While the base core component files remain the same, the way DCH drivers are packaged and installed differs from previous (Standard) drivers. When directly comparing the two driver types, the DCH driver package has a smaller size and a faster installation time than the Standard package.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4777/~/nvidia-dch/standard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq

BetA likes this.
  17. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member Guru

GPU:
    GPU:
    Maybe the next official driver will be 450?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    maybe it'll be 445.

19. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    :confused: Question guys!

When I was over on the Red team a while back, we had the idea to install the latest Vulkan runtime that was available as it was newer than the version installed by the Crimson driver package. We subsequently discovered that regardless of what standalone Vulkan we installed, the Crimson driver would only reference the library that came packaged with the driver, completely ignoring the newer installed standalone library.

The reason I inform of this is this post :

Do we have a similar situation here? as the post quoted above would suggest differently. I do not seek to discredit @EugeneJackKhoros but only to verify that we are not going to pointless lengths to ensure we have the latest and greatest Vulkan library at our disposal.

If we are to believe the updated Vulkan library is relevant to our currently installed drivers, how do we verify this as fact & not just guess work?

Any input on my deliberations would be extremely helpful to both myself & I'm guessing many of our members too :cool:...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there has only been one point where updating the vulkan runtime has done anything, and that was when the nvidia provided loader had a fault that caused crashes when opening a vulkan window without reloading the spawning program.