Nvidia 450.12 WHQL for Win10 x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Jan 15, 2020.

1. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080TI
    Control is unplayable on this driver, 50 percent gpu usage and 30-45 fps with bad stuttering. Outerworlds is also pretty bad with stuttering and less fps. Destiny 2 is good.

2. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    No. After a fresh reboot, HWInfo 6.20 (Sensors) reports the same low idle clocks as MSI AB (and it's not static, it moves up and down if I move windows or use the web browser, etc, so it updates correctly). Both monitoring software (HWi and AB) report the same clocks (not stuck at either min or max clocks).
    But the clocks get stuck at high speeds (max base clock) after I launch GPU-Z and remain there even after I close GPU-Z (until I reboot). The clocks are still reported correctly in all 3 monitoring software (stuck at max).
    All monitoring software always agree about the clocks and everything looks perfectly normal until GPU-Z gets involved.
    This is clearly a GPU-Z related bug to me (could be a driver bug triggered by perfectly standard GPU-Z operation or GPU-Z doing something it shouldn't do in the first place but got away with it until now).

3. korn87

korn87 Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 8Gb
  4. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    CFR SLI don't work anymore with these ;(

6. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    what is cfr?

7. GiveMe

GiveMe Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 XC ULTRA
    Checkboard Frame Rendering

But SLI is dead anyway, no scaling no support.
    SLI is only good for pushing 3Dmark Benchmark e-penis results but complete useless in Gaming

Native hardware sided Multi GPU that needs not Software Support is the only way

fr3quency likes this.
  8. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    no issues with sli, the games (older) i play all support it.

nizzen likes this.
  9. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    SLI may be dying, but is also requiered to play the most demanding games in 4 and 5K with reshade or enb. with reasonable framerates. With CFR quite a bit of AFR-unfriendly games became suitable for SLI again, some with less scaling, but lower latency.

er557 likes this.
  10. dexterav

dexterav Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 2080Ti
    well this deriver not support mobile GK, beacause not chance install this driver to my dell g5 5590 with 2060
    allways say not supported
    both version DCH or Standart

p.s.
    its nor required just one GPU dont have power, why required?
    and honestly 4k/60fps managed 2080s/2080ti very decently if not using ULTRA details
    i using 4k long time and in my opinion it better 4k/60fps than FHD/160Hz for well causaul or enjoyable play

btw SLI/CF be killed DX12 mGPU because need support from game developers

11. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
  12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    Many dx12 games run in SLI/MGPU with CFR!

13. dexterav

dexterav Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 2080Ti
    and who say dont run

14. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I just noticed elevated black levels with Win10 OS HDR mode. NVAPI HDR is unaffected. Should I blame this driver or Windows 19041.21? Always these stupid color errors with every single Win10 semi-annual update...

Also, whenever my PC hits a solid CPU limit at fairly high frame rates (>60) I get random pauses of several seconds. I just installed AC:O and started playing with the built-in benchmark (that's when I noticed the HDR black level thing as well) and it ran fine (slow but steady) with max quality settings but started to make these long pauses (3 times during the benchmark runs) after I lowered the settings to get playable framerate. I experienced similar pauses in other games a few times lately but that wasn't reproducible like this.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  15. 4estOC

4estOC New Member

GPU:
    Dual RTX 2080 Ti
    Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x and Dual RTX 2080 Ti's.
    I've been manually tinkering with nvProfileInspector on a per game basis. CFR is AMAZING!! Most games experience increased frame rates. However there are other advantages in addition to better FPS. Primarily AntiAliasing seem to work on games that AFR couldn't support. And Microstutter is completely gone in CFR (SFR) modes. I usually have to manually select GPU Count Two instead of Auto Select and Force SFR wherever the option is available. Not all games WOrk. Borderlands just isn't there yet and may never be considering its AMD roots. But most games I couldn't get SLi to work on, now work.
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Skyrim SE (fixes microstutter)
    Outer Worlds
    World of WarCraft
    Control
    Modern Warfare

HARDRESET likes this.

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

I can see you are posting for the first time. Very surprised and vaguely impressed that you have 2 2080 TI's in SLI. Do you also have two NVME m.2 drives drives in a raid situation? Or maybe that is overkill.

17. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Member

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3
    I run dual 2080ti’s and also have 2 1tb nvme drives in Raid 0. As far as the drives go, the PCI-E 3.0 x4 ports are already saturated with most newer Nvme ssds so running them in Raid 0 isnt going to show more performance in most situations. I did it because I wanted a 2 tb nvme and just getting another 1 tb 970 evo was the cheaper way to go.

HARDRESET likes this.
  18. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 / 6 GB
    WORKS on Windows 10 1903! Thanks. :)

19. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    What is the point if all the interesting functionality of the driver works only on 20h1+ ?

er557 likes this.
  20. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    some people are unwilling or unable to upgrade to new builds

HARDRESET likes this.