Nvidia 450.12 WHQL for Win10 x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Jan 15, 2020.

1. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-ready-for-directx-12-ultimate/
    "While DirectX Ray Tracing and Variable Rate Shading are supported in Windows 10 today, Microsoft’s Windows 10 ‘20H1’ update will add DirectX support for Mesh Shading and Sampler Feedback, as well as update DXR to version 1.1. NVIDIA will be ready on the day of Windows 10 20H1 release with full driver support for all the new and updated DirectX 12 Ultimate capabilities."

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I do believe the current 450 driver does not support either.

3. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super
    From this:
    https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/directx-12-ultimate-getting-started-guide/

"Today, you can get started developing with DirectX 12 Ultimate features with NVIDIA GeForce 20 Series hardware. Driver version 450.56 has support for Mesh Shaders, VRS, DXR 1.0 and Sampler Feedback. DXR 1.1 support is coming very soon – we’ll update this blog with the correct driver version to look for and where to find it soon!"

4. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super
    Enough already with the fake news.

5. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super
    When 20H1 officially leaves the Slow Ring, which could be this month, April or even May. We don't know.

6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Don't you have other things to fret about?

7. moaka

moaka Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti MSI GX
    WDDM 2.7 with this driver and 20h2 test soon 2.7 wddm.png

EugeneJackKhoros likes this.
  8. ChaosHusky

ChaosHusky Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti, 970
    Working quite well for me too...

Apparently my screenshot is too big to upload though.. I can understand it not liking a 15.5MB PNG but a 2.16MB JPG? Lol.. I'll try compressing it!

build2004-min.jpg

9. Slonyara

Slonyara New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Among the games I tried, GTA V and Outer Worlds suffer from low framerate (15-40 fps), others seem fine - 7 Days to Die, AI Girl (both Unity-based), Ori and the Will of the Wisp, Outward, Diablo 3, Witcher 3, World of Tanks.

@ChaosHusky Why don't you try saving it as .webp with 75% quality?

10. ChaosHusky

ChaosHusky Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti, 970
    Why 'fix' what works? :p Webp indeed.. And GTA V is fine for me here so that could be to do with settings and/or software on your rig, sync settings etc.. There's also a bug that can happen with multiple screens if you happen to use more than one, where FPS can get capped to around 40..even with sync on/off. But dropping that low almost sounds like throttling or priority shifting..15-40fps? What CPU do you have, a Core2 Quad? o_O lol

I own but haven't tried Diablo 3 and Witcher 3 yet, but i'd imagine they would work as they don't need an awful lot to run anyway. GTA V though, it runs better than ever! Strange.. I'll check a benchmark and let you know.

11. ChaosHusky

ChaosHusky Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti, 970
  12. ChaosHusky

ChaosHusky Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti, 970
    Well, due to me running the Rockstar client, it doesn't like relaunching and closes, so i didn't get to see the benchmark results, but the lowest FPS i got at 4K60 was between 82-90 the highest being 122! So it's strange your 1070 is struggling like that.. Power or thermal issue maybe? Or just settings.. Try Windowed Borderless? And of course turn VSync off! My CPU is also running stock (not overclocked) at the moment, though i tend to bump it to 4.6/7GHz if i feel like it or when folding lol

13. Slonyara

Slonyara New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Take a look, it plays exactly like this, the counter shows 100-120 fps, but the actual number is MUCH lower. This is fullscreen, and borderless is the same, only once it started to run smoothly when I was recording another clip.

14. Slonyara

Slonyara New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    UPD: I solved it by turning off Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling. Now it's stable 100-140 fps.

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Can you do that per game or it is just a global on/off toggle?

16. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Global on / off toggle unfortunately...

17. Slonyara

Slonyara New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Yep, global on/off, and you need to reboot Windows after that. I can't say I noticed much improvement in the games that did work after it was turned on, but I love how WDDM 2.7 works—it drastically reduced the animation-induced stutter in my system with dual monitors with a different refresh rate (60/144 Hz).

18. sean8102

sean8102 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 (build 19041.172). I ended up having to get rid of this driver. Was causing some weird issues. Currently I'm replaying Witcher 3 and was having odd issues. Like the map screen, or inventory, gwent basically it seems and menus would often tank in perf. Like down to 15 FPS. Moving the mouse would make it drop further (like 1-2 FPS). Alt tab in and out would fix it for about 20 seconds. Playing the actual game though was ok except my monitor has variable refresh rate and it was not matching the games FPS at all. Game would dip to ~56 and the monitor would drop its refresh rate to random numbers, 42, 53 etc . It was all messed up. Fullscreen or borderless window, happened no matter what.

I uninstalled these drivers and went to the newest official release drivers and all those problems went away. I have no idea how much of a difference the hardware accelerated scheduling makes, personally I didn't notice anything. Still looking forward to a newer WDDM 2.7 driver to try that is hopefully more stable. Other than the issues when running this driver though, Win 10 Version 2004 has been perfectly stable for me.

19. Slonyara

Slonyara New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Sooo... after I've turned off the Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling, the games run fine but I encountered another issue. With this setting off, screen capturing with Win-Shift-S + mouse selection no longer works more than once after the reboot. Then, whenever you try it, the selection box pauses for a second instead of disappearing immediately and nothing happens, the selected portion of the screen is NOT copied in the clipboard, instead, whatever was in the clipboard before, remains there. This is very irritating, I use this feature a lot and had to turn H/W accelerated GPU scheduling back on. Now the screen selection and copying works flawlessly again.

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    I personally cannot say enough good things about this 450.12 driver.
    It is possibly the smoothest driver I have ever run on my GTX1080Ti.
    ACC built on the Unreal engine is known for being extremely tough on graphics...even on clear days with low car count.
    The video is from a very rainy, online race with a very stacked grid at Zolder.
    Any micro-hitching seen is due to the upload to You-tube and is not actually there in the actual replay file.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020