Nvidia 450.12 WHQL for Win10 x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member Guru

GPU:
    GPU:
    This is still an insider driver as officially released in 2004 and this 450 racer will be official.

2. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    My question after reading all 11 pages is, is this driver stable and fast. I'm running 20H2 inside build but was never offered this driver on windows update?

This is not the first time I was not offered an inside build driver, checked my settings and have nothing blocked?

3. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I think one of these 20H1 (/ 20H2) drivers was withdrawn from the MS catalog (for some undisclosed reason). But I don't know which one because I never subscribe to Fast/RP rings (due to their forced extended telemetry) and only install some RC builds from UUP->ISO or drivers from captured and shared archives.

Does anybody else have elevated black level in Win10 HDR mode with this driver and 20H1? At first I thought it was a Win10 issue because NVAPI HDR works fine. But I tried with my AMD notebook (similarly 20H1 but WDDM 2.6 driver) and Win10 HDR is fine (no elevated black --- but AMD's private API HDR is still broken since late 2019 regardless of the Win10 build: fails to pass Rec2020 metadata). This is with an LG C9 (G-Sync enabled on the nVidia based system but the desktop is also effected, not just games).

4. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Except the part where I mention I have never received a driver via windows update. Well except old ones when I forget to disconnect the internet when I manually update drivers.

Never a new driver.

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Just tried again, uninstalled driver and ran windows update. Installed 432.00.

I'm on the slow ring btw.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  6. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    I'm on slow ring. How do I get any of those insider drivers? How can I force it? Remove the one I have and then let windows update install them?

7. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I personally am on the fast ring and have only had this driver offered once via windows update. After uninstalling it to test other driver releases I have had to manually reinstall it as WU does not offer it again.

If you want this driver just download it from the links provided by the OP. The driver is complete. Follow this thread for updates on the driver as they become available to us.

Given the depth and interest that this driver has generated within the thread I think we can be sure the OP and respective members will keep it up to date...

8. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member Guru

GPU:
    GPU:
    I will wait until the 450 driver comes out and it will be published on the official website of Nvidia. Every time a new Windows 10 driver update was released, a bunch of new functions were added from Nvidia. And with the release of the official update 2004 we will immediately see the official 450 driver.

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    This has proven to be a great driver on my system...thanks.
    I'm using an R5-3600x, 32 GB of Timetec DDR4-3600 along with an MSI GTX-1080Ti.
    I used DDU to remove the previous 442.50 and installed these.
    Assetto Corsa Competizioni is running extremely smooth again.
    The driver is so good in fact, that I have not touched a single setting in the NVCPL.
    Here's an off line race using the driver.
    Any micro-stutter you see in the video is as a result of the Youtube upload and is not in the actual replay.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Liam Onestone likes this.
  10. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti

Just took your advice, no issues with this driver plays smooth. Will keep them until somrething better comes along.

TUVM.

Liam Onestone likes this.

11. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    how are you finding the quality of timetec?, i ordered some ddr3L but cancelled it due to bad reviews on amazon and supposed system and memtest errors.

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    I have 32 GB in the form of 2x 16 GB modules of DDR4-3600.
    I tested it on receipt with Memtest for 20 hrs....not a single error.
    The soldering on the CB is second to none.
    The stability is great for me...even as CAS 15.

13. Maulcun

Maulcun New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Wow! This driver is so good. This driver get use the maximum performance of the video card. It is very stable too.

14. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    Rise of the Tomb Raider completely froze on me within a few minutes (several times in a row) with this driver and HW scheduling enabled (I am not sure if this had anything to do with it). I used DDU, installed 442.59 and it works fine. So, I would still call this unstable. Too bad we probably won't receive any new WDDM 2.7 drivers before 20H1 GA (which can take 1-2 months because that has plenty of issues still).

15. artina90

artina90 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    With this driver DX11 performance seems to be great, probably the best ever on Windows 10 especially when it comes to frame-time stability.
    On the other hand DX12 is a mess, this driver introduces severe stuttering issues in Control, with the game freezing for nearly a second every time the frame drop happens.
    I went back to the standard stable driver for now, I hope Microsoft pushes the update soon so we can get stable WDDM 2.7 drivers.

16. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Unstable?

This may be relevant or not, but I'm on latest insider with this driver and latest Vulkan runtime. I have run the RottR benchmark with a miriad of settings including Hardware scheduling enabled and have experienced zero issues. The bench completed each and every time.

Are you running the driver within an insider build? Something is amis but I doubt it is the driver. I could be wrong of course...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  17. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I didn't run the benchmark, I tried to play the actual game and it caused a BSoD within a few minutes (I didn't actually see a blue screen, just the fronzen game but I guess it was one because the PC eventually rebooted on it's own), several times in a row. Other games I tried worked fine (covering Vulkan and OpenGL, Direct 9.0 and 11.1 + 3DMark TimeSpy DX12 in stability test mode). I didn't have other DX12 games to test but I wished to play some RotTR anyways and that didn't work, so I had to try a different driver... I didn't think about switching RotTR to DX11 for testing.

18. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    While I have no issues with this or any other driver, it was slower than 441.87 for me.
    So no, not the greastest imo.

19. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member Guru

GPU:
    GPU:
    As Manuel said, the next official Nvidia driver will have full support for Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 3 games and will have a 450 number with full support for Windows 2004 update.

peppercute and chinobino like this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Manuel never said anything about 450, infact his last mention of fixes being specific to a driver family implied 445 is the next out.

HARDRESET likes this.